List Mgmt. 2013 Trading & Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's be realistic here. Neither LT nor Riley/Jaensch/Martin are much use to anyone at AFL level.
A tad unfair on Martin and Riley IMO. They both have been really unlucky in that they get a serious injury when ever they get given a crack. Both have some qualities which suggest that they could be decent to good AFL players if they could only have extended runs in the seniors.

Both Jaensch and Thompson have had those chances and have proven to be not up to it.

Hope you include yourself as one of the big footy drama queens mate

Who are you exactly?

Lets set some research challenge for you, ok?

Have I been critical of Eddie Betts? no, you can try but you won't find anything so don't waste your time. You can but I'll get in first and say that's been a good move. I set my recruiting parameters early and the Crows met them. $500,000 over 4 years for a 26 years old - that's more than acceptable. But go on, look.

Have I been negative about any of the current players? Nope, I actually support the playing group. I support the club because of the players, they are the one who play this sport. You can look but you won't find anything.

The younger players? Lyons, Kerridge, Crouch, et el? nope. happy with them.

The move to Adelaide Oval? was always in full support.

Seating, was disappointed in my allocated seating but the club helped me move and now more than happy with them.

Are you even a member?

You can try and paint this public image of me as being a negative posters but I know my posting history and apart from the trade period this year, I haven't been negative for almost 18 months. Almost since Neil Craig left but you go ahead. Waste your own time, no skin of my nose. You seem to have a very good grasp on the history of my posting after only 100 odd posts in 6 months? who are you again and what's your secondary alias?

Dude, piss off or prove me wrong.

A tad unfair on Martin and Riley IMO. They both have been really unlucky in that they get a serious injury when ever they get given a crack. Both have some qualities which suggest that they could be decent to good AFL players if they could only have extended runs in the seniors.

Both Jaensch and Thompson have had those chances and have proven to be not up to it.

Luke Thompson has only played 14 games in 3 years, and only had 1 extended run in 2011, where he played 11 games, was decent and certainly not any worse than other players they've tried. Especially if you go and do something like a comparison of Thompsons 2011 season VS Otten this year.

6GxjTCm.jpg

Don't think you can put LT in the same category as Jaensch who has been given 45 games over 4 years and hasn't shown any real improvement over that time. LT has been given as much of a shot as Riley, Martin and others IMO.

I have been saying it for awhile, but we really need to try and upgrade our pick 23 to around 10-12. We need to try for MattbCrouch. He is as hard an inside mid as there is. This year in TAC cup he didnt have less than 30 possession s in a game with multiple 40 plus games. Knightmare has him rated as possibly higher caliber than Aish. I have a real bad feeling PAP are going to get him, just to piss us off.

A tad unfair to Thompson, he did play a good preliminary final last year given the circumstances.

Might have lowish worth with a team wanting a stop gap KPD.

What about St Kilda giving us their pick 18 for pick 23 and Mckernen?

With pick 18 we'd be a fair chance of satisfying Brisbane if Polec agreed AND if we chose to use it on him. Even if we didn't want to use it on him pick 18 would obviously be better in the draft than 23.

What about St Kilda giving us their pick 18 for pick 23 and Mckernen?

With pick 18 we'd be a fair chance of satisfying Brisbane if Polec agreed AND if we chose to use it on him. Even if we didn't want to use it on him pick 18 would obviously be better in the draft than 23.

If the Crows got 18 then no way would I use it on Polec. At 18 you have a chance to get a sliding Matt Crouch or Luke Dunstan.

I'd still propose the offer to Collingwood.

Pick 23 and Henderson for pick 11

and then go and try and grab pick 23 from GWS. Say Mackay as they are rumored to only be wanting to use 3 picks.

I'd still propose the offer to Collingwood.

Pick 23 and Henderson for pick 11

and then go and try and grab pick 23 from GWS. Say Mackay as they are rumored to only be wanting to use 3 picks.
Henderson is in the top 10 players on our list, you're willing to trade him for the chance of picking someone who is only a possibility of becoming a best 22 player?

I have been saying it for awhile, but we really need to try and upgrade our pick 23 to around 10-12. We need to try for MattbCrouch. He is as hard an inside mid as there is. This year in TAC cup he didnt have less than 30 possession s in a game with multiple 40 plus games. Knightmare has him rated as possibly higher caliber than Aish. I have a real bad feeling PAP are going to get him, just to piss us off.

By how Knightmare rated him, he'll be long gone by then.

Though really anywhere from 5/25 is a good bet for him by the sounds of it, could be a Grigg like scenario where speed and some application issues could see him slide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port aren't going to use their first round pick on a player "just to piss us off".

Henderson is in the top 10 players on our list, you're willing to trade him for the chance of picking someone who is only a possibility of becoming a best 22 player?

I have him around 12-15 on our list personally.

And i'd seriously consider doing that trade, especially if we have eyes on someone around that 10-15 range.

I have him around 12-15 on our list personally.

And i'd seriously consider doing that trade, especially if we have eyes on someone around that 10-15 range.
Well no offence intended but it's bizarre how underrated he is on this board.

My list:
Dangerfield, Walker, Sloane, Crouch, Douglas, Thompson, Jacobs, Smith, Henderson, Talia, Betts

Everyone on our list outside this group have no claims for joining them, for now anyway.

WHAT?

Since when?

Or was this talk about him going home due to a family reason - horse shit.

You're wrong. I'll just leave it at that.

I'm happy to accept he is in your top 10 players as a personal opinion but can you provide some secondary information to give further weight to your argument.

I don't think he is in our top 10 players on our list, I hold this opinion based on the fact I don't see top 10 players being forced to come back via the reserves. Unless they are coming of a long term injury, players coming back from a 3 or 4 week injuries are straight back into the team via training form.

Well no offence intended but it's bizarre how underrated he is on this board.

My list:
Dangerfield, Walker, Sloane, Crouch, Douglas, Thompson, Jacobs, Smith, Henderson, Talia, Betts

Everyone on our list outside this group have no claims for joining them, for now anyway.

None taken, we are allowed to have a difference of opinion here for some reason.

Its not that he is underrated by me, i do really like Hendo, but at the moment, we have seen a 6/7 games of high quality and not much else. I just have reservations that he'll back it up and my rankings reflect that.

Danger, Sloane, Walker, Talia, Crouch, Thommo, Smith, Douglas, Rutten, Betts.

I think players hold too much power in trade week. Contracted players should be able to be traded to wherever their club chooses.

Equally - free agency should arrive earlier. Restricted free agency after their second contract.

I'm happy to accept he is in your top 10 players as a personal opinion but can you provide some secondary information to give further weight to your argument.

I don't think he is in our top 10 players on our list, I hold this opinion based on the fact I don't see top 10 players being forced to come back via the reserves. Unless they are coming of a long term injury, players coming back from a 3 or 4 week injuries are straight back into the team via training form.
Alright, I'll bite. I often see people on here say he's only played 6 good games for us. That's just obnoxious. He has played many best on or close to best on ground games for us. I guess I tend to rate players who can have that kind of impact more than someone like our captain who gets 18 touches consistently every week. His versatility, playing in either defense, forward, midfield or half back has displayed the skills he has to be in the top echelon of footballers in the competition. Yes, he has been a little inconsistent but his bad games have been the average game for many players on our team.
I just think trading him would be a huge mistake, we wouldn't get the value for him that I think he is worth. That's my opinion. Come back to me at the end of next year. If he's been average and just a middle of the pack player I'll concede defeat, but if that's what happens, our side will likely be deeply in trenches in the bottom eight.

I think players hold too much power in trade week. Contracted players should be able to be traded to wherever their club chooses.

Equally - free agency should arrive earlier. Restricted free agency after their second contract.

Completely random (and almost certainly stupid) idea I had floating around in my head earlier today, which I haven't thought about enough to recognise the problems with it, but how does this sound.

Get rid of trade week altogether (other than free agency), or only allow picks to be traded. If a player wants to leave a club, they nominate for the draft, and whatever pick a club takes them at, the player's previous club gets an immediate selection afterwards. That way you can be pretty sure the club is getting market value in terms of the pick receives. The player can nominate contractual conditions, just as before.

Of course, you lose some fluidity with this system - clubs don't have the option to swap picks when trading for a player, or whatever. But that would probably make things simpler anyway.

Not that the AFLPA would ever allow it to happen.

Completely random (and almost certainly stupid) idea I had floating around in my head earlier today, which I haven't thought about enough to recognise the problems with it, but how does this sound.

Get rid of trade week altogether (other than free agency), or only allow picks to be traded. If a player wants to leave a club, they nominate for the draft, and whatever pick a club takes them at, the player's previous club gets an immediate selection afterwards. That way you can be pretty sure the club is getting market value in terms of the pick receives. The player can nominate contractual conditions, just as before.

Of course, you lose some fluidity with this system - clubs don't have the option to swap picks when trading for a player, or whatever. But that would probably make things simpler anyway.

Not that the AFLPA would ever allow it to happen.

Your an Ideas man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back