List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

take out FS Blakey and Academy players they can hide away like Gulden, plus Heeney, Mills and Campbell and it covers a lot of mistakes. These nth academies are going to create monsters - esp the GC one with the talent apparently coming thru over coming years after 4 first rounders last year
Another 4-5 next year too re GC

I only think they should be able to match one bid per round

It will get to point where some kids will choose not to be academy tied IMO as why go to a club with 7 star young midfielders

Another 4-5 next year too re GC

I only think they should be able to match one bid per round

It will get to point where some kids will choose not to be academy tied IMO as why go to a club with 7 star young midfielders
Agreed, just made a similar post saying the same. Something needs to change very fast…and perhaps one player per round (or even one per year in the first 2 rounds) is the way to go

take out FS Blakey and Academy players they can hide away like Gulden, plus Heeney, Mills and Campbell and it covers a lot of mistakes. These nth academies are going to create monsters - esp the GC one with the talent apparently coming thru over coming years after 4 first rounders last year
Ah shit I missed Braeden Campbell, no need to hide them away given they have first dibs anyhow, with Gulden a lot of recruiters seem to have got it real wrong not to have made them have to bid earlier.

Think he’s keen to get out of football or for different role in football
We can give him each September off if he needs to recharge the batteries

I’m ok with Borlase being retained as depth, and I’m more than ok with Murray / Butts / Worrell being our first choice defensive trio over Keane.

I’m also ok with bringing in another key defender with a later pick in this year’s ocean deep draft, if we do trade Keane.

Trade Keane and Berry. Absolutely trade Laird if anyone wants him but yeah, i don’t see the market for him.

Draft Lalor or Draper at our first pick.

Use the bounty from Keane and Berry to bring in Neale-Bullen and Lukosius (throwing in a future 2nd with a future 3rd coming back our way).

Bring in Cumming as a FA.

Attempt to trade up into the teens to take whoever is available out of Travaglia, Lindsay, Dodson or J Berry.

If that pick isn’t Dodson, trade for a cheap ruck (Nick Bryan, Liam Reidy - noting that we have to complete this trade before the draft, so just trade for the damn ruck and don’t worry too
Much about Dodson - those other 3 prospects are ludicrous value in the teens for mine and may well prove to be worth trading a future first for, as reluctant as I’d be to trade a future first because I have no confidence that we’ll be any good next year under this coaching regime).

Take a tall late in the draft. There’s a ton of them.

That’s a successful offseason.

Hands up if you think we’ll botch it? Lol
I really don't see Cummings as a need especially with his recurring soft tissue issues that's hardly seen him play this season. Sooner put that salary into a younger player like Luke Nankervis who I think is close to as good already with more development to come.

That’s actually really poor

The best swans picks have been Warner Rowbottom Mcinerny Papley well after the 1st round but all amazing gets …. Just elite drafting which makes up for the 1st round errors

They’re also good at targeted trading for needs

I’d say collingwoods drafting has been way worse , somehow they won a flag
How is that poor? Sure they’ve been gifted academy players but excusing the first rounders from the last couple of years as it’s too early, they’ve nailed:

Florent
Hayward

And stuffed up Stephens and Ling. The concerning thing is Hamish also liked Stephens

But the Swans sure haven’t neglected their midfield

I really don't see Cummings as a need especially with his recurring soft tissue issues that's hardly seen him play this season. Sooner put that salary into a younger player like Luke Nankervis who I think is close to as good already with more development to come.
We need to find some speed somehow

Doesn’t have to be Cumming but it’s very noticeable that we don’t have a lot when Rankine isn’t on the field

Hopefully Cheddar and Ryan come on

I’ll show you a recruiter that has blown 4 first round picks, one who has failed to build us a strong midfield in a rebuild with numerous first rounders, one who has been a recruiter for what 14 years and has seen the list he developed not make finals for 7 years and one who has failed to draft a developing ruck in how long?

Recruiters should be judged on their performance and you can throw up as many excuses as you want, his record is shithouse and if you’re in any doubt read above again.

Bullshit hindsight.
Mutineer given you’ve gone into full Hamish defence mode, care to actually address the points in my first paragraph and by address I mean actually answer and not immature love emojis, you’re a grown man and I’m not into you

Player agent Tim Hazell was on the AFL.com.au "Gettable" segment today.

The hosts put a question to him about how clubs and players are going negotiating the impending Tasmanian expansion side, ie the push and shove between clubs trying to contract them past the poaching period, and players trying to keep their options open, as Hazell has half a dozen Tasmanian players on his books including Chayce Jones.

His answer was that "Most of our boys are [] contracted around 25 to 27, Chayce has been pushed out to 27", which would be an extra year on the 3 year deal ending in 26 that he signed last year.

Thought everyone might like to know.

I know Sholl has had a good year, but can Cummings replace / upgrade him on the wing?

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

News to me, I was led to believe it was Will Day, same with Rachele, even Hamish has said he was likely who we'd have taken if Rachele was off the table

It was the poster known as FAITH that was running with that. Must have heard it at the Henley cafe?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Player agent Tim Hazell was on the AFL.com.au "Gettable" segment today.

The hosts put a question to him about how clubs and players are going negotiating the impending Tasmanian expansion side, ie the push and shove between clubs trying to contract them past the poaching period, and players trying to keep their options open, as Hazell has half a dozen Tasmanian players on his books including Chayce Jones.

His answer was that "Most of our boys are [] contracted around 25 to 27, Chayce has been pushed out to 27", which would be an extra year on the 3 year deal ending in 26 that he signed last year.

Thought everyone might like to know.
Or, it could just be that 27 is the year after his contract ends. ;)

Mutineer given you’ve gone into full Hamish defence mode, care to actually address the points in my first paragraph and by address I mean actually answer and not immature love emojis, you’re a grown man and I’m not into you
Any chance you could stop trolling me?

vinyl-records-record-collection (1).gif

How is that poor? Sure they’ve been gifted academy players but excusing the first rounders from the last couple of years as it’s too early, they’ve nailed:

Florent
Hayward

And stuffed up Stephens and Ling. The concerning thing is Hamish also liked Stephens

But the Swans sure haven’t neglected their midfield
Konstanty about to be delisted too after first contract 1st round

Vickery taken in same draft at pick 27 not looking great

Green the ruck from last year will take time to judge , but I have my doubts

On any measure their 1st round drafting is very poor , Hayward and Florent are good players for sure but no stars

Exactly as I’ve said the other drafting well after the 1st round has been elite to make up for it - Warner Rowbottom Mcinerny Papely ( rookie )

Edit - forgot sheldrick , he’s another battler that might be lucky to get a contract

I know Sholl has had a good year, but can Cummings replace / upgrade him on the wing?

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Sholl has looked way better than Cumming this year, why would we replace him plus the fact Sholl is very durable while there has to big questions on Cumming's durability now?

Any chance you could stop trolling me?

View attachment 2085102
Look, man up and actually respond. You’re the one throwing up post after post defending Hamish and yet won’t actually answer the points that blow away your defence. I’ll break it down for you, just a yes or no:

Has Hamish blown 4 first rounders?
Has Hamish failed to prioritise the midfield during the rebuild?
Is Hamish the recruiter whose list has missed finals 7 years in a row and finished bottom?
Has Hamish failed to draft a developing ruckman?
Did Hamish draft a skinny back pocket over Moyle?

I’ll take your impending deflection as evidence that you can’t answer because you know the answers are damming.

Let's have a look at Sydney 1st round picks over the same 10 year period who reputedly have had the best recruiters in the business Kinnear Beatson and for the last couple of years another highly rated recruiter Simon Dalrymple doing their recruiting.

2014 - Pick 18 - Isaac Heeney - Sydney Academy so only available to them.
2015 - Pick 3 - Callum Mills - Sydney Academy - see above
2016 - Pick 11 - Oliver Florent - Pick 21 - Will Hayward
2017 - Pick 14 - Matthew Ling
2018 - Pick 10 - Nick Blakey - Sydney Academy - see above
2019 - Pick 5 - Dylan Stephens
2020 - Pick 4 - Logan McDonald - Pick 5 - Sydney Academy - see above
2021 - Pick 18 - Angus Sheldrick
2022 - Pick 21 Jacob Konstanty
2023 - Pick 16 Will Green - Pick 24 Caiden Cleary - Sydney Academy - see above.

No recruiters, even the best get every 1st round pick right

Of course they don't get every pick correct but there are only eight legitimate picks on that list and Florent, Hayward and McDonald are all major pass marks at least. Ling is a definite miss and Stephens is a bust even though he still might have a reasonable AFL career. The last three are kids and too early to judge. You conveniently left off their second selection that have killed ours in the same period.

Konstanty about to be delisted too after first contract 1st round

Vickery taken in same draft at pick 27 not looking great

Green the ruck from last year will take time to judge , but I have my doubts

On any measure their 1st round drafting is very poor , Hayward and Florent are good players for sure but no stars

Exactly as I’ve said the other drafting well after the 1st round has been elite to make up for it - Warner Rowbottom Mcinerny Papely ( rookie )

Edit - forgot sheldrick , he’s another battler that might be lucky to get a contract
Darcy Jones was taken the pick after Konstanty too

Not even the best get it right sometimes because they're both similar players at AFL level

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back