Mod. Notice 2014 Grand Final ticketing buy/swap/sell thread - only for Hawthorn members and supporters

Remove this Banner Ad

Done. Had to use my Dad's credit card and impersonate him but I think it went fine. The lady asked if it was VISA after I gave all the credit card details. I said yes but only guessed. Would that matter?

Using the phone you don't get a confirmation email which is a bit disappointing and makes me wonder whether it's all ok!

Done. Had to use my Dad's credit card and impersonate him but I think it went fine. The lady asked if it was VISA after I gave all the credit card details. I said yes but only guessed. Would that matter?

Using the phone you don't get a confirmation email which is a bit disappointing and makes me wonder whether it's all ok!

Check his CC statement if you want to be super sure. I'm 99% sure she completed the payment while you were on the phone though, so it should be fine. Otherwise she could have heard a number wrong or something, and have no way of correcting it.

What annoys me is that if the entire ballot allocation is taken by priority 1 & 2 (which is most likely), they still allow priority 3 to register at 6pm.

Ticketek must be able to inform the club of how many registrations there have been, as the priority 3 Swans members yesterday were told there was standing room only left prior to their registration period.

There's just something that doesn't sit right with me when I'm paying to register for something I have zero chance of getting. It's like buying a raffle ticket but the stub doesn't go in the barrel.

The Swans ballot letter said priority 3 registration will only proceed if there are tickets left over.
Our letters don't mention anything like that so I suspect it will go ahead regardless.
I know it will go ahead - that's my point !

$5.50 multiplied by however many priority 3 people register - what, 10,000? 20,000? 30,000? is a nice tidy profit for ticketek. I'm shocked the Swans letter said that

I know it will go ahead - that's my point !

$5.50 multiplied by however many priority 3 people register - what, 10,000? 20,000? 30,000? is a nice tidy profit for ticketek. I'm shocked the Swans letter said that
That's what I was implying.
Our P3 ballot registration will go ahead despite there being a way of checking whether it is actually needed or not.
They were able to check yesterday for the Swans and send an email about it, why can't they do it for us?

That's what I was implying.
Our P3 ballot registration will go ahead despite there being a way of checking whether it is actually needed or not.
They were able to check yesterday for the Swans and send an email about it, why can't they do it for us?

Is that because they don't want to piss off any fans north of the barassi line, but with us it doesn't matter?

Is that because they don't want to piss off any fans north of the barassi line, but with us it doesn't matter?
I'd say it's more to do with our club not wanting people to know too much about the ballot. If members know they are no chance then they may not renew next year. They refused to release figures last year on the number of applicants in each priority level and how many were successful. Freo released all these details to their members but we didn't.

I'd say it's more to do with our club not wanting people to know too much about the ballot. If members know they are no chance then they may not renew next year. They refused to release figures last year on the number of applicants in each priority level and how many were successful. Freo released all these details to their members but we didn't.

Well if that is the case, I'd think people that are P3 would be more pissed off if they missed out 2 or 3 years in a row. My membership is only P2, but have got a seat in 12 and 13.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My 15 (not exaggerating) iPhone reminders worked like a charm!

What annoys me is that if the entire ballot allocation is taken by priority 1 & 2 (which is most likely), they still allow priority 3 to register at 6pm.

Ticketek must be able to inform the club of how many registrations there have been, as the priority 3 Swans members yesterday were told there was standing room only left prior to their registration period.

There's just something that doesn't sit right with me when I'm paying to register for something I have zero chance of getting. It's like buying a raffle ticket but the stub doesn't go in the barrel.

Even if there are enough P1 and P2 people in the ballot - it doesn't mean they'll get tickets necessarily. Credit cards might get declined etc. You're still a chance.

Agree wholeheartedly that Ticketek is a money hungry bastard of a company.

Based on ballot entrants we only had 21,500 members registered last year.

When you look at the pamphlet the club provides there are probably 20,000 or more Hawthorn members that are ineligible to nominate for the GF ballot anyway (i.e. 3 game members, standard Tasmanian / Interstate / International and Country members).

Then you've got AFL support (3k or 4k maybe?) / MCC full members (we'd probably have thousands of MCC Hawk members) that probably don't bother with the ballot anyway + the unfortunate sods that have declined credit cards / forget to register for the ballot.

Based on previous numbers I wouldn't be surprised if 23,000 or so members register for the ballot with all P1, P2 and some P3 (has it been confirmed that no P3 members got tickets last year?) getting access to GF tickets.

Priority 1... Forgot, realised at 2:30... Gutted

Bit late now, but have you registered your mobile with the club? I got a SMS from the club this morning reminding me to register for the ballot. I had the date circled on my calendar from the moment the final siren on the qualifying final blew, but it was good to get the SMS.

All registered.

Remember you need to have a Ticketek account set up to do it online.
lucky i do i was on phone half minute to 8 by time speel of this that the other finished it was after 8 the phone rand then was dead but still connected ?? so not sure if it self answered but no one had the head set on or what so hung up rang again got music this time 5 minutes in on hold i accidently hung up so tried my luck on the net was worried i would stuff it up as first time i have done it , first time was in cs sencond and third time friend did it for me as we were sitting together this time my turn all done quicker then sitting on phone

The telstra $27.50 ticket offer for the aflfinals is on for this week. You can buy up to ten tickets. Last week it was cat 5 but they have combined 4 and 5. And 6 and 7. All you need is a password

A quick look returned tickets in m5 row d. Good seats

Maybe there's a slight possibility they'll carry this over to prelim week, given how low the crowd is likely to be.

Maybe there's a slight possibility they'll carry this over to prelim week, given how low the crowd is likely to be.

The crowd will be early 60,000's tonight and potentially mid-to-high 60,000's next week (subject to Fremantle or Port Adelaide making it through)

If its Port Adelaide, I'd expect a very similar roll up to 2012 (which was 69,186 against the Crows).

Economising ?

Telstra will sell discounted prelim final tickets

TOYOTA AFL FINAL SERIES TICKETS. GAME ON.
The biggest games of the year are in full swing, and we are taking you there. We’re offering you 50% off the Adult RRP on 2014 Toyota AFL Finals Series tickets to selected matches.

Ticket sales for Week 2 of the AFL Toyota Finals Series have now closed. You will be able to purchase tickets for the Preliminary Finals from next Monday 15 September at 2pm.

Economising ?

Telstra will sell discounted prelim final tickets

TOYOTA AFL FINAL SERIES TICKETS. GAME ON.
The biggest games of the year are in full swing, and we are taking you there. We’re offering you 50% off the Adult RRP on 2014 Toyota AFL Finals Series tickets to selected matches.

Ticket sales for Week 2 of the AFL Toyota Finals Series have now closed. You will be able to purchase tickets for the Preliminary Finals from next Monday 15 September at 2pm.

If Norf make it to the grand final, potential Telstra will be flogging tickets for half price again?

N mention yet, but they were half price the last two weeks. Category 4 which is some level one behind goals, level 2a and top deck

It pretty much makes your membership redundant

Remove this Banner Ad

Mod. Notice 2014 Grand Final ticketing buy/swap/sell thread - only for Hawthorn members and supporters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back