Mod. Notice 2014 Grand Final ticketing buy/swap/sell thread - only for Hawthorn members and supporters

Remove this Banner Ad

No GF ballot for General Admin members :cry:

PRIORITY GROUP ONE – GUARANTEED*
Legends Club, 11-game and 17-game Kennedy Club, Gold Seating, Interstate Gold and Tassie Gold
Registration time 8am – 12 midday EST on allocated day

PRIORITY GROUP TWO - BALLOT
11-game and 17-game Silver Seating, Interstate Silver and MCC Hawk members
Registration time 1 – 5pm EST on allocated day

PRIORITY GROUP THREE - BALLOT
11-game and 17-game General Admission and AFL Silver Club Support members
Registration time 6 – 9pm EST on allocated day

Sweet Im Priority 2 then, I have been lucky in 2008/2012/2013 so far, here is to hoping it happens again if we qualify.

For those interested, from last year...

Just stumbled on this Blue Harvest...

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/grand-final-ticketing-information-latest-update.489710/

That was from way back in 2008.

By my reckoning 21,500 Hawthorn members applied for tickets in this years ballot (on the presumption that we had 58 pages of barcodes with 20 pages unsuccessful)

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=AFLINTR413#.UkBRM3waySM

Evidently last season we had 20,050 members apply for tickets in the 2012 ballot (again under the presumption the we had 53 pages of barcodes with 16 pages unsuccessful)

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...icket-swaps-etc.1033238/page-12#post-30278737

Now given that typically 55/60% of eligible members nominate for the ballot we've got in the vacinity of 38k to 40k eligible members that can register for the ballot (deduct Tasmania, AFL Full members with Hawthorn club support, 3 game memberships, Interstate memberships and the like)

Evidently in 2008 we would have had around 16,750 register for 12,500 seats. Given that 70% is the typical take up for P1 members that would allowed for 65% of P2 and P3 receiving tickets in 2008, 60% of P2 and P3 tickets in 2012 (increased allocation to 14,000) and 55% of 14,000. Where its gets tricky is the determination and probability of success amongst P2 and P3 members. At a guess Id suggest we'd probably have 14,000 of so P2 members in the 2012-13 era (we've got 20k plus reserve seats at the MCG).

So the probability of a P3 member receiving a ticket in 2008 would be 60% in 08 but assuming 55/60% of P2 members enter the ballot my estimate is that its likely that 1200 tickets were made available to P3 members in 2012 (20%) and 2013 (15%)
Anyway that's assuming that P1 and P2 take up is constant (which its not)

On the plus side our ballot appears to have grown 3,300 entries between 08 and 12 and another 1,350 entries between 12 and 13. That's a mighty fine achievement when you consider this"ll be our 3rd GF in 6 years and skyrocketing ticket prices
Our club continues to grow :thumbsu:

Here's hoping we can maintain the strong level of support in the stadium (AFL, MCC, Corporates and the like) as to what we had last year. Like last year I sense the majority of neutrals will be riding the purple haze home...

Based on that 21,500 fought over 14,000 tickets last year, 20,500 over 12,500 tickets in 2012 and 16,050 over 12,000 tickets way back in 2008.

We're probably looking at 22,000 or 22,500 registrations (unless supporters have Grand Final fatigue?)

The good news for Hawthorn fans is that we're probably going to play COLA in the Grand Final (if we get in) and if 2012 is anything to go by they handed back 4000 tickets and were forced to run a second ballot for tickets. If I was a crafty P3 member and was hungry to attend, Id be befriending Swans members as they probably won't exhaust their allocation...

For those interested, from last year...

Based on that 21,500 fought over 14,000 tickets last year, 20,500 over 12,500 tickets in 2012 and 16,050 over 12,000 tickets way back in 2008.

We're probably looking at 22,000 or so registrations (unless some supporters having Grand Final fatigue?)

The good news for Hawthorn fans is that we're probably going to play COLA in the Grand Final (if we get in) and if 2012 is anything to go by they handed back 4000 tickets and were forced to run a second ballot for tickets. If I was a crafty P3 member, I'd be on the look out for NSW based Swans fans and register in their ballot

If we Qualify and play the $wans I don't know if all the neutrals will jump on them like in 2012.... It's not just us that are sick of these COLA handouts

If we Qualify and play the $wans I don't know if all the neutrals will jump on them like in 2012.... It's not just us that are sick of these COLA handouts

This. The South Melbourne thing is a bit superficial as well, if the were truly 'two cities / one club' they wouldn't have handed back Grand Final tickets in 2012.

Fremantle as a point of reference had 18,776 members register for the ballot...and their Melbourne support base is pretty much non-existent

Crap football they play aside, that's one support base that probably deserve a flag

PRIORITY GROUP ONE – GUARANTEED*
Legends Club, 11-game and 17-game Kennedy Club, Gold Seating, Interstate Gold and Tassie Gold
Registration time 8am – 12 midday EST on allocated day

PRIORITY GROUP TWO - BALLOT
11-game and 17-game Silver Seating, Interstate Silver and MCC Hawk members
Registration time 1 – 5pm EST on allocated day

PRIORITY GROUP THREE - BALLOT
11-game and 17-game General Admission and AFL Silver Club Support members
Registration time 6 – 9pm EST on allocated day

I am only a 3 game GA member at this point (don't shoot me, I have my reasons!) so don't have access to the ballot. However, I genuinely thought you had to have Silver membership or above to get into the ballot, reason being that when I was browsing the membership categories recently it doesn't say anything in the GA memberships about access to the ballot for GF tickets :confused: (why wouldn't they advertise this? It's one of the reasons I haven't upgraded my membership). Also, I have never heard of any GA members getting GF tickets in the ballot, does it happen?

I am only a 3 game GA member at this point (don't shoot me, I have my reasons!) so don't have access to the ballot. However, I genuinely thought you had to have Silver membership or above to get into the ballot, reason being that when I was browsing the membership categories recently it doesn't say anything in the GA memberships about access to the ballot for GF tickets :confused: (why wouldn't they advertise this? It's one of the reasons I haven't upgraded my membership). Also, I have never heard of any GA members getting GF tickets in the ballot, does it happen?

As above approx. 15% of past P3 members have been allocated seats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Silver member: got standing in 08,12 and 13 no probs.

How many ppl select No standing room I wonder...

On that... Any silver members selected standing room but got a seat? I know they say doing so won't affect your chance of getting a seat but I haven't heard of it happening.

Mods can we card people for offering barcodes? I know people are trying to help but it reduces the likelihood of a paying member getting a ticket when a barcode goes to a non-member (yes, as a silver member this is somewhat self-interested)

Mods can we card people for offering barcodes? I know people are trying to help but it reduces the likelihood of a paying member getting a ticket when a barcode goes to a non-member (yes, as a silver member this is somewhat self-interested)
Agree with this. If you want a barcode then buy a membership. Please don't hand them over to other people.

well I'm a 20y interstate member who coughed a bit more (double) this year to get Silver, so cat2. My silly mate forgot to upgrade his, which I only just found out when getting his barcode for tomorrows ballot.

So will I get carded for asking for a second barcode from any Silver members who would not be going, for one reason or another?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mod. Notice 2014 Grand Final ticketing buy/swap/sell thread - only for Hawthorn members and supporters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back