2014 Pre-Season Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

I have a feeling nahas will be in the rd 1 side, ahead of garner, and with harps now out of contention, not sure how patch is travelling atm, or sammy wright either, so he might get his crack a bit earlier than expected.
Well, Sammy's off the half back line this year, so that gives JarJar an even better chance.

If NDS is a definite In
and LMac a pretty likely In
Wright is a really likely Out surely
Cant see how he can get a game if Mcmahon is in either!, can wright play on the smalls, he wld be too slow surely....thinking out loud

If NDS is a definite In
and LMac a pretty likely In
Wright is a really likely Out surely
Cant see how he can get a game if Mcmahon is in either!, can wright play on the smalls, he wld be too slow surely....thinking out loud

Thinking our loud or chatting to shirley? ;)

But agree that Wright is an unlikely starter in Round 1. Brad always provides plenty of hints on who is 'in the mix' and at this stage that includes McMahon, Nahas, LMac, Daw and Wood. Really hopeful on Loose getting back to his best. Wright looks like depth at this stage, especially with LMac expected to run of halfback from round 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not a question of no good no future. Everyone is aware of his talent.

The bloke is struggling to get on the park nor can he find the pill when he does. That's a problem.

No need to panic with Harper.

Has shown enough to be given plenty of time. Kid has all the tools and the skills but obviously needs to find more of it if he plays on a flank. Played deeper he simply isn't as damaging as LT.

Should play on the ball in the 2's to start the year.

Sounds like he spent a year on the park injured, Tron.
Has to have an effect.
He struggled to find the pill before that too. Always has.

There is no question about what he can do when he gets it, the bloke has got so much going for him in that regard. But truth is there are other guys hungry for first team footy who can play his role. He'd want to get back on the park and start playing good footy soon.

Half Back out of: Atley, NDS, McDonald, Mullet. Good.
Half Forward out of: Boomer, Adams, Garner, Harper. Good.

Every one of those players can play in the middle too, giving a rest to our midfield core: Ziebell, Cunnington, Swallow, Bastinac, Wells, Gibson...

How many days till round 1 again?
NDS and Atley could rotate one in midfield one in hbf depending on structure and how the game is evolving. So excited to see Atley burst from a pack but be 70 out and goal. Juddesk

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

I'm still on the fence.
Always happy to be proven wrong re; players performing in the blue & white (I was adamant two years ago that Firrito was finished) but Nahas is one of a small handful of AFL players I cannot stand.

If it works it works & I'm sure ill come round.
But yeah, I don't want it pushing someone like Garner out of the side.
I'm the same with Nahas. I hated him with the Tigers. Little flea running around and popping up for goals. But... I'm starting to warm to him based on report coming out of NMFC about work ethic and fitting in with the boys. If Bon deems him best 22 then good luck and any positive thing he does against * will warm me more.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

Poor news for harper, but hopefully an opportunity for nahas/garner/wood. Hansen to dominate across halfback and to get all-australian. Tarrant, petrie, black and thomas to form a deadly forward line, why can't this bloody season start already.

Remove this Banner Ad

2014 Pre-Season Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back