List Mgmt. 2014 Trade and Free Agency Targets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no reason why that if Taz can get fit & ready to play ( I know that's a big if ) that he can't play full back he's done it before and on some good players . He's that 196cm 100kg big unit that we need he also moves very well for a big guy , hes hard at the pill and loves the lip . I think his biggest issue up forward has been clunking grabs ... Well at full back we don't need him marking the ball we want him to kill the ball . I'd also like us to go after Schofield from the Eagles he's a Melbourne boy 196cm quick &athletic CHB who runs & carries which leaves Hansen and Thommo to play on a third tall / medium forward & do what they do best intercept mark & create attacks

Patience people, we are on the right path, and we gained a hell of a lot from a few finals this year. We now know we belong from 2 wins. We also learnt how far we have to go and where the bar is set thanks to the Sydney game. The last 3 weeks will progress those who matter a long long way, have faith :)
Yep. Let's face it, this year was about making finals [:thumbsu:], winning at least one [:thumbsu:], and getting as much finals experience as possible [:thumbsu:] with a view to future success [:rainbow:].

Last edited:

Greenwood, Bastinac, T
Our window is the next couple of years. We need to be drafting, trading, using free agency accordingly. Its all or nothing now for NMFC.

Blokes like Higgins, Blease etc wont cut the mustard. We need a trade/signing that makes us instantly better with a couple of free agents that tie up loose ends we have.

Trade- Sloane? Jet. Defensively fantastic, great over head. Beams? Damaging up forward, good mix of inside/outside. Danger? Probably dont have enough arsenal(Something about squeaky wheel and oil for all of them) Tom Mitchell maybe?
Free agents- Merrett(is he a FA?) & Waite

Trade Bastinac, Tazza, Adams, Harper and MacKenzie. All surplus to needs except maybe Harper but cant get healthy or near it. People wanting Tazza down back lol The bloke cant even get on the paddock. If the Dogs offer a bag of onions and 3 coconuts for him, we take it at this point.

Wells to play HBF. Him and Atley to run and carry with damaging disposal.

Delaney and Garner to get their bodies right. FFS. Both could be huge for us.

Natural improvement should see us get better, and id be inclined to forget our 1st/2nd round picks and get developed players we need now via trades.

My 0.02

People must remember we have 38 on our senior list of that 22 play each round. The squad is broken up into automatic selection, would be automatic selection but injured, suspended ( rolls eyes) those developing and those no good but worth a punt at the time.
So each week 16 players don't get a gig- SIXTEEN!!!! Nearly enough to fill a second side.

A club with a non emotional list management means you can afford to carry injured guys with more upside that a speculative pick taken around 80-100 in any given draft.

I've found it interesting reading on here that both Curran and Tarrant may retire, why would you wait until the seasons over to do such a thing? Do we now have an official retirement week? " Yeah, look I've been unavailable for two years and haven't played any games, but when I realised my body was cooked I thought it best to hang around til season's end so as not to upset those that haven't relied on me anyway".

Just because fans get peeved at players being perpetually injured doesn't mean the club is giving up, they'll do their due diligence and work out whether

player'x' is still a better option than pick 95. How many decent KP's have we recruited in the last 15 years? I tell ya a North Korean amateur bomb disposal worker could count them on his remaining fingers.

We've a host of ready made delisting without moving on KP's that fans are sick of being injured.

Now that's off my chest...

" Its all or nothing now for NMFC". Richmond did that after making a prelim under Frawley set them back another ten years.

"Blokes like Higgins, Blease etc wont cut the mustard". Agree 100%

"Trade- Sloane , Beams, Danger". why would clubs do that? And if they did I shudder to think 'at what cost'.

"Trade Bastinac, Tazza, Adams, Harper and MacKenzie" four of those guys have little trade value, I doubt you'd get a second rounder...

Tazza- keep as stated above.

Basti- keep.

Adams and MacKenize- don't care.

Harper- will mostly likely survive with others ahead in the delist stakes. Although I think he needs a major arse kicking. Won't be surprised to see him gone. Nahas and Turner have passed him. IMO

Which would leave us Tazza, Curran, Delaney, Daw and Harper all having injury issues, still got 33 players available for selection and am confident all won't be injured next year.- Hope North take a punt and roll at least four out again next season.:thumbsu:

Doubt Curran is going to retire.

From what I heard he was fine to play the second half of the year but the club would not let him. Curran wanted to play.

Not sure why but my guess would be that they were being very cautious and they have plans for him beyond 2014 even if it's on the rookie list.

From what I heard he was fine to play the second half of the year but the club would not let him. Curran wanted to play.

Not sure why but my guess would be that they were being very cautious and they have plans for him beyond 2014 even if it's on the rookie list.

Great news. Can a club move a player from senior list to rookie without putting him in a draft?

Wow you just quoted and agreed with Tony Shaw!!! Surely that deserves some kind of ban. Tony, and now you, are neglecting to mention that we also have Scott Thompson (last seasons AA FB) and a guy called Hansen who can play a bit. Would we like a monster fb to play on the monster FF's? Yeah that would be great. However we have Tippet and Delaney as young developing defenders as well.
Tony has NFI!

Tony Shaw is a complete fool but every now and then he says something accurate. When the opponents are close to 200cms we need at least one defender who is close to a perfect match for one of them. Tippett may be the answer. Delaney - well if we get anything out of him it will be a bonus. The guy is as fragile as an eggshell. Lachie might have matched up with Reid but not with Tippet or Buddie.

And Spud is now best suited to players who are about his height and not as strong.

Agree he's a keeper, just turned 21 so hardly spent. Sounds like we're playing it extra safe to make sure that foot is good once and for all.

End of season review

On the road to recovery from his second surgery on a troublesome right foot, Curran received the bad news that his navicular bone wasn’t healing the way the club and he would have liked it to.

It meant a third round of surgery in early August, providing the youngster another setback. Curran should be able to start running by Christmas.

Im good with keeping Taz as well, interesting idea of him playing FB. We dont have much to lose in trying, lets hope he can get his body right.

What I found interesting is the news yesterday the Saints are likely to take Petracca with their first pick and then try to trade back in for a pick in the teens.

Anybody got any ideas how they could do this?
Jack Steven for our first?

A club with a non emotional list management means you can afford to carry injured guys with more upside that a speculative pick taken around 80-100 in any given draft.

I've found it interesting reading on here that both Curran and Tarrant may retire, why would you wait until the seasons over to do such a thing? Do we now have an official retirement week? " Yeah, look I've been unavailable for two years and haven't played any games, but when I realised my body was cooked I thought it best to hang around til season's end so as not to upset those that haven't relied on me anyway".

Just because fans get peeved at players being perpetually injured doesn't mean the club is giving up, they'll do their due diligence...

Someone, probably in this very thread, said they had a source that suggested Curran was going to retire. So, I'm not sure it's about people being sick of injured players being injured so much as basing it on this rumour.

I think with Taz for many, including myself, it's more a case of "I wouldn't be surprised if he did retire" given how recurrent his injuries have been.

Naturally I'd love to see both come good. If either or both retire I can see why they might leave it until our season was officially finished.

That's what I was thinking but surely they won't want to get rid of Stevens?

I think he's a gun
Who would have predicted they'd trade out McEvoy this time last year? He is a gun and he is a fair bit different to anyone else we have in our midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May not of worked last time in Gysberts. But like to give a player who shown talent, and not kicked on a go.
Sydney's Dean Towers and Billie Smedts.

Look at our last 3 games Daniher, Hawkins and Tippett all kicked bags.

We need a solution for next year.

Spot on. While I agree that a defence is heavily reliant on it's midfield to protect it, particularly against fast delivery, we have still had our difficulties at times throughout the season with key forwards.
Cloke
Gunston
Dixon
Hawkins
Waite
Henderson
....to name a few.

With age and some injuries, as plenty of said, you would think we would be certainly targeting this area in the offseason.

I'm sure the dogs may trade Koby Stevens but St Kilda won't trade Jack Steven.

Our best midfielder, B&F winner + AA squad of 40 at just 23 he is one of our most important players. With McEvoy we had Hickey who was ready to overtake Big Mac near the end of 2013.

Jack Steven has apparently also extended his contract which should be announced over the next week or so anyway.

I'm sure the dogs may trade Koby Stevens but St Kilda won't trade Jack Steven.

Our best midfielder, B&F winner + AA squad of 40 at just 23 he is one of our most important players. With McEvoy we had Hickey who was ready to overtake Big Mac near the end of 2013.

Jack Steven has apparently also extended his contract which should be announced over the next week or so anyway.

So going back to the original question, how are you going to get a pick in the teens?

We need higher quality.
Trade bastinac, black and first round for pick 3 ( they will get 4 as pp) from melbourne. Melbourne will delist 10-15 player will be looking for numbers

Demont get the chance to cover bastinac
Can't have black, wood in the side with brown and black.
Tony shaw said on 3aw yesterday and I agree; north can't win a flag when grima and spud are our key backs

did that just make you feel like going for a run into a tree?

Wouldn't it be great if Majak Daw could play full back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back