List Mgmt. 2014 Trade and Free Agency Targets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say Maj has the physical attributes minus hip strength to make a nice key position player, however the smarts required to play full back in this league are tremendous. I think he lacks the footy smarts and trying to develop them at this stage of his career will be extremely challenging.

It's a pity that he can't fill a glaring hole in our side, because at the rate he's going (backwards), things aren't looking good.

I'm also struggling with Maj and ''footy smarts''. He's been at it since he was 12 or something. I'm not sure he'll ever learn the secrets of our game. Give him ONE position to learn and he either makes it or he doesn't.

Fair point, although reckon Brown and Petrie with some help from Daw should Goldie go down.
Thats all good and well if its a short term injury, but if Goldy did a knee(nightmare scenario i know) we'd need a bloke who can carry the load for most of the game with chop outs from Brown. We need Dish and Sideshow up forward to kick goals. I was going to pose this question last night- Maybe the coaching staff should work more with Daw in his rucking duties?

Thats all good and well if its a short term injury, but if Goldy did a knee(nightmare scenario i know) we'd need a bloke who can carry the load for most of the game with chop outs from Brown. We need Dish and Sideshow up forward to kick goals. I was going to pose this question last night- Maybe the coaching staff should work more with Daw in his rucking duties?

I doubt Currie could carry the ruck, or for that matter anyone on our list if this was to happen.

If Goldie went Down, touch a big bit of wood, I think it would be the chance to play Daw where I think he may be best suited, if he could handle the endurance required.

he can't run out a game in the forward line let alone the ruck.

also has little to no-impact around the ground. His best and only position is FF in my eyes.

going to lose a lot of endurance coming off that broken ankle and with a limited pre-season

he can't run out a game in the forward line let alone the ruck.

also has little to no-impact around the ground. His best and only position is FF in my eyes.

going to lose a lot of endurance coming off that broken ankle and with a limited pre-season

I don't think Maj's pre-season will be too limited.

He did his ankle 3-4 weeks ago, and it was only going to be 6-8 for recovery.

What would it take to get Ryder? I get that he wants to go to Brisbane and all but how about instead of heading North, he heads to North?

I don't think Maj's pre-season will be too limited.

He did his ankle 3-4 weeks ago, and it was only going to be 6-8 for recovery.
That was 6-8 weeks in a cast, wasn't it? Doubt his recovery would be that quick, it looked pretty horrific. I think if Maj is going to be a long term player for us he needs to play Drew's role at FF. Just focus on that and he'll get his chance sooner rather than later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I doubt Currie could carry the ruck, or for that matter anyone on our list if this was to happen.
Currie has been beaten from pillar to post on these boards, and a lot of it is just bullshit. He is a pure ruckman who has been lambasted for dropping a couple of marks in the forward line in a game or 2. He wouldnt be a top ruckman, but im sure he could do the job if there was a LTI to Goldy.

Id trade hard for Tom Mitchell and pay accordingly, he's going to be the JPK of the next 5 years if he gets traded.

Wouldn't go anywhere near as cheap as Kennedy.

Don't like his outside game but **** he's good inside.

Id trade hard for Tom Mitchell and pay accordingly, he's going to be the JPK of the next 5 years if he gets traded.
Would trade our first round pick for him at the drop of a hat!

Wouldn't go anywhere near as cheap as Kennedy.

Don't like his outside game but **** he's good inside.

I realise that, but IMO, he's at the right age and worth the investment.

I, for one, am still very optimistic about Maj's career. Too often it's overlooked just how much of a horror run he's had with injury.

I disagree with a lot of people on this.

I think a hell of a lot would have to go wrong for Majak to ever play senior footy for us again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back