List Mgmt. 2014 Trade and Free Agency Targets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outside classy Mid. Bit like Nick Dal Santo as a kid. Not sure why he hasn't come on.. worth a chance look at dom tyson or miles
Cheers, that makes me pretty happy there, bring him in, let Dal Santo be his mentor and boom, it'll be like we've had Dal on our list for 15 years :)

he did look mighty mean body slamming Henderson and punching the ball away. but I really really want him as that forward that he might become, I am happy to give him every opportunity to make it. He may very well end up another Danilchenko, but so be it.

We're a top four side now, we shouldn't be giving someone more chances than they deserve. If he is good enough he plays, but if he serves up some of the stuff he did this season then we can't just carry him like we probably could if we were a bottom 6-8 side.

Sorry if this has been answered already people but when do we announce our de listings normally?

Sorry if this has been answered already people but when do we announce our de listings normally?
I don't know anything concrete but from what all the other clubs have been doing I imagine it'll be done this week, which means announcements would be made early next week if not earlier, they've got to be pretty quick with it because trade period's only 2 weeks away now

Outside classy Mid. Bit like Nick Dal Santo as a kid. Not sure why he hasn't come on.. worth a chance look at dom tyson or miles
I would have said the opposite. Hard, inside type who added hard running to his game to be able to link up on the outside. Not sold on his skill level nor his transition to AFL level to date but he went at 2 for a reason. If we could snag him i would be very happy.

I would have said the opposite. Hard, inside type who added hard running to his game to be able to link up on the outside. Not sold on his skill level nor his transition to AFL level to date but he went at 2 for a reason. If we could snag him i would be very happy.
Hmm i watched a little of him played always seems to hover around the back and getting the ball. Seemed to be skillful at u18 level

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When do they normally anounce the de-listings?

Everything else is pure speculation before that happens.

Someone needed to watch the country leagues to find us a monster defender. I reckon our back six will have Buddy Nightmares for years after last Friday's touch up.

Move Atley onto a wing and de-list Jacobs would be my priority over the off-season.

Bring Mason Wood in for round 1 and forget about Tarrant, except as depth. His body just doesn't cut it at AFL level before breaking down.

Which probably explains why I am not the coach.
I was at the game. In all honesty I thought our defenders did a reasonable job. Problem was up the ground. The swan's ball movement inside their 50 was phenomenal, never seen anything that direct and quick since well, pagans paddock, and they gave buddy and tippet plenty of space.

Hmm i watched a little of him played always seems to hover around the back and getting the ball. Seemed to be skillful at u18 level
I wouldn't discount his U/18 skill level, I just haven't seen much evidence of it transitioning across to the AFL environment. Mind you, he ain't had too much opportunity.

I was at the game. In all honesty I thought our defenders did a reasonable job. Problem was up the ground. The swan's ball movement inside their 50 was phenomenal, never seen anything that direct and quick since well, pagans paddock, and they gave buddy and tippet plenty of space.
The way they exploded out of their defensive 50 put us and our supposed attacking style to shame.

I wouldn't discount his U/18 skill level, I just haven't seen much evidence of it transitioning across to the AFL environment. Mind you, he ain't had too much opportunity.
B Tron, his AFL games have been very ordinary.

Not saying he won't turn it around but I'm with B Tron, his AFL games have been very ordinary.

The way they exploded out of their defensive 50 put us and our supposed attacking style to shame.

On TV it looked like whenever we went forward they were everywhere.

Then when they sprang forward they were everywhere.

Am I disappointed we lost of course.

Is it about where we are in development yeah.

I think that this finals series will spring us forward.

I reckon Maj gets one more year, I think he lost a preseason to injury which was probably where he would have got a lot of teaching.
If he doesn't look like he knows what he's doing by the end of next year you'd have to consider moving him on, but then again we all thought Lachie wasn't going to make it and how many years was it till he started showing something, at least 7 years I would have thought, so who knows.
If they're grooming him to take over from Drew he's probably got a few years of development until that stage.

We're a top four side now, we shouldn't be giving someone more chances than they deserve. If he is good enough he plays, but if he serves up some of the stuff he did this season then we can't just carry him like we probably could if we were a bottom 6-8 side.

I don't quite get this thinking, if Sydney (a top 4 team) can afford to have Tommy Welsh sitting on their list, surely we can afford to have Majak sitting on ours?

I don't quite get this thinking, if Sydney (a top 4 team) can afford to have Tommy Welsh sitting on their list, surely we can afford to have Majak sitting on ours?

I didn't say we shouldn't keep Maj on the list, I said we shouldn't give him an extended run in the team unless he is good enough (which is what I thought you were implying).

We already know he can dominate the VFL, but if he is playing seniors I don't think it can be a "we'll give him 4-6 weeks no matter what" situation any more.

I think Waite is worth sitting on our list certainly above LA, Hine, Wilkins, Daw. Is an A grade footballer minus the stupid acts and injuries.
If we can get him for nothing he is a bonus to our list. Adds flexibility and competition for spots at the least.

O'Rourke and Jaksch should be our main targets though. I keep hearing Montagna and Higgins, no thank you good footballers but young blood midfielders we can develop and get 10 years out of should be a higher priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back