List Mgmt. 2014 Trade and Free Agency Targets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree with a lot of people on this.

I think a hell of a lot would have to go wrong for us for Majak to ever play senior footy for us again.
Agreed. Does he have any trade value? Get whatever you can for him!

What about Tim Membrey from the Swans. By all reports kicked plenty of goals in the Swans reserves this year, played a couple of senior games and is from Traralgon. He's a 6ft 3ish 20 year old mobile forward. Trade for Kieran Harper which I know some people aint gonna like.

Thats all good and well if its a short term injury, but if Goldy did a knee(nightmare scenario i know) we'd need a bloke who can carry the load for most of the game with chop outs from Brown. We need Dish and Sideshow up forward to kick goals. I was going to pose this question last night- Maybe the coaching staff should work more with Daw in his rucking duties?

List spots are getting tight, i dont think we can have both Curry and Daw as backups for Goldie should he get injured.

It's a pity that he can't fill a glaring hole in our side, because at the rate he's going (backwards), things aren't looking good.

I'm also struggling with Maj and ''footy smarts''. He's been at it since he was 12 or something. I'm not sure he'll ever learn the secrets of our game. Give him ONE position to learn and he either makes it or he doesn't.

And thats a forward which he's no good at. For mine he's done.

Daw might get away with covering ruck for a week or 2 with a lot of help from Petrie/Brown. As we know he has no tank for it. Curry is the better option if theres a long term injury, but ultimately i dont think neither of these guys will make the grade.

List spots are getting tight, i dont think we can have both Curry and Daw as backups for Goldie should he get injured.

And thats a forward which he's no good at. For mine he's done.

Daw might get away with covering ruck for a week or 2 with a lot of help from Petrie/Brown. As we know he has no tank for it. Curry is the better option is theres a long term injury, but ultimately i dont think either of these guys will make the grade.

I couldnt agree more. I would be happy to see one of these guys go probably Majak but one has to be kept as a back up ruckman.

Majak will cause headaches. If his body is in order, there is no doubt the leap and strength as a FF would be a force to cause selection match up difficulties. However, I believe as long as Petrie is around we wont see this happen, so he definitely needs to keep developing in the VFL until the legend hangs his boots. The club won't get rid of him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is he any good?

Hasn't done much for a top 3 pick.
Has been showing a fair bit at neafl level. I thunk his biggest issue is that he is in a team with so many other talented kids that are playing the prime roles. Eg shiel, trealor, coniglio etc.

Would love us to try and grab him and jaksch. Then spend a bit of money on free agency preferably on chipper frawley or if that falls through potentially waite.

Our first rounder should be on the table this year. If orourke nominates us that plus potentially an upgrade should almost get him, similar to polec last year.

he can't run out a game in the forward line let alone the ruck.

also has little to no-impact around the ground. His best and only position is FF in my eyes.

going to lose a lot of endurance coming off that broken ankle and with a limited pre-season

I agree the endurance is the issue (even before thee injury), but I have very little faith in Currie to carry the burden any better, has Currie got a contract for 2015?

Majak will cause headaches. If his body is in order, there is no doubt the leap and strength as a FF would be a force to cause selection match up difficulties. However, I believe as long as Petrie is around we wont see this happen, so he definitely needs to keep developing in the VFL until the legend hangs his boots. The club won't get rid of him

exactly my thoughts as well, Majak is Petrie's replacement. Our job as a club now is to make sure when that time comes, Majak is primed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back