List Mgmt. 2014 Trade and Free Agency Targets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Disco drums are beating regarding P.Diddyfield .

So I've read and commented on the possibility of Greenhead leaving us.
Now of course Greenhead signing again would be freakin sensational, but we can't judge people on their personal taste and if he finds the city of Adelaide an attractive proposition.....

Greenwood + our first for P.Diddy? yes or no?

Yes.

With bells on.

The Disco drums are beating regarding P.Diddyfield .

So I've read and commented on the possibility of Greenhead leaving us.
Now of course Greenhead signing again would be freakin sensational, but we can't judge people on their personal taste and if he finds the city of Adelaide an attractive proposition.....

Greenwood + our first for P.Diddy? yes or no?

The person talking about Greenwood leaving is the same person who is posting threads about fantasy land.

I'd laugh if any Adelaide supporter would take that deal.

Of course they would they want to keep him unless a 20yo Wayne Carey is offered. He could walk the following year under FA couldnt he? Is he really that much better than Greenwood? Id be happy to keep Greenwood and our No1 pick and make a play for Danger the following year for nicks, but if Greenwood wants to leave then adding our no1 pick would be about right imo.

As for the choice, Dangerfield.

We have Boomer, Wells and NDS all getting on. Danger has explosive pace and quality mid. We really only need a Frawley for Hawkins and Cloak, pretty much everyone else we get by with. Granted we'll need a key defender before too long but not right away. Frawley, Hansen, Grima, Thompson and Spud in a back 6? One would have to go. All we're seeing imo is how much we miss Hansen.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But "satisfactory deal"? Guarantee 99% of people outside of West Coast probably haven't heard of him.

Can we like... trade them a lock of Firritos back hair?

lol Frawley shouldnt even be in the same sentence as Danger...

Danger is a midfielder you could build a team around. Frawley is a good, solid defender who can pinch hit up forward. Frawley in a good team would elevate his play though imo

Dale Kerrigan

39821-25037.gif

Tough inside midfielder. Excellent at digging his way out of the bottom of packs.

The only problem is, whatever we put up as a trade option, they'll tell us we're dreamin'

Get them both, get Sloan, get Higgins, get Waite, get Ryder, get sauce merret to play on the gorillas, get crowley for preseason pinch tests, get carter.. Did I miss anyone?
Yep...Smart, Shorty and ****ed

Wasn't Frawley just good in 2011?

Dangerman. Only so we can yell out 'Dangerzone' when the balls around him.

We obviously nailed it with bringing in Dal last year, considering we're going for a premiership and not in a rebuilding stage, where do we find another Dal? Or a full back at the level of Dal, they're few and far between and we have to prise them away from a club, will be a big effort but an absolute must at the moment IMO

Players will be looking at us now and thinking that if they come to us, there could be a couple of premierships in it. Port too.

We're an attractive destination - a core of 22-23 year olds about to hit their prime, and spots opening up due to us having 3 or 4 30+ year old players closing on retirement. Most of Firrito, Dal, Boomer, Petrie, Grima and Wells are going to retire in the next 2-3 years, so that's 6 spots in our best 22 potentially available and which we will need to replace with gun players. Which is where trades come in - we have a couple of candidates in our own racks (Harper, Garner and Dumont stand out) but we will also need to bring in some ready made players to fill some roles too. Petrie's retirement in particular worries me a little.

Take Jake Carlisle - let's assume for a moment we're dangling a fat 4 year contract in front of his nose right now. We must have some salary cap space. He's such a gun we'd find a role for him, whether forward or back. Why wouldn't we? And why wouldn't he?

Nahas gone by the sound of it.
Hmm, I think that would be irresponsible. Turner's a better prospect and worth giving games to but he could easily regress as young players are wont to. I think we've observed the need for a defensive small and I only see Nahas, Turner and Harper as the only players quick enough to play this role.

AFL Draft, Trade, Free Agency, List and General News
12 mins ·
Patrick Dangerfield has declared that he is in no rush to deal with his expiring contract at the Adelaide Football Club, speaking with radio interview with FIVEaa from the AFL Players Association awards in Melbourne.

Dangerfield, who is managed by Paul Connors is expected to fetch bids STARTING from $1 million a year, and as much as $1.3 from Hawthorn who have approximately $1.5 remaining in their salary cap.

AFL Draft, Trade, Free Agency, List and General News
12 mins ·
Patrick Dangerfield has declared that he is in no rush to deal with his expiring contract at the Adelaide Football Club, speaking with radio interview with FIVEaa from the AFL Players Association awards in Melbourne.

Dangerfield, who is managed by Paul Connors is expected to fetch bids STARTING from $1 million a year, and as much as $1.3 from Hawthorn who have approximately $1.5 remaining in their salary cap.

If I was Adelaide I'd ask for a for a long term commitment right now or I'd be putting him up for trade.

Can't afford to lose players like him through free agency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back