List Mgmt. 2014 Trade and Free Agency Targets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
More than likely just a bull facebook rumour, but this surprises me very much if true. While Turner has taken up that defensive forward role pretty well, I'd still say there's plenty of value to keeping Nahas as someone who might be best 22 and if not, is handy depth to have. Was playing well before his injury and hasn't done anything - to my knowledge - to suggest he doesn't deserve another deal.

Would be unlucky. We're 6-2 with him in the side and is a valuable option if Thomas isn't firing.

Think he will get another year.

Gut feeling is:
Hine
Curran
Warren
As definites.

Wilkins, McGennis as possibilities (I mean has anything at all been said about wilkins in his 2 yrs?)
LA?

and Grima as a possible retirement (injury)

I feel like a sinner for saying this but would we do Greenwood for Dangerfield in a trade? I think the upside is only marginal from that trade for us but is it enough to be worth losing Greenwood?

Generally my thoughts. I would say Delist Anthony, Hine, Wilkins, McGenniss, Warren as none of them seem to be headed towards best 22 calculations, and probably Curran too which is a bit rough but he really does seem to be clogging up the list with little hope of coming good. Presumingly we elevate Tippett and Turner to the senior list which gives us two spots in the draft and four in the rookie draft.

Nahas is arguably best 22 and if not can still cover for Lindsay or Turner in the case of injury. It would be silly of us to expect Turner to play a 22+ game season next year so depth in that area is handy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Nahas and Firrito get another year, but I reckon we will have to move McMahon to the rookie list or pay him out. Curran also to the rookie list. Promote Tippett and Turner, delist Anthony, Hine, Wilkins, Mcgenniss(R), Warren (R). Gives 3 senior list spots and 2 rookie spots.

There is also the possibility that Tarrant retires - weren't there rumours earlier in the year that he was nearly ready to give it away with his injuries?

Anthony - gone
Hine - gone
Curran - a medical call so I have nfi but you'd expect he's gone unfortunately
Wilkins - tricky because he was a long term prospect but I think he'll go as well

Grima and Spud will likely go around again. Jacobs should get a 1 year deal.

Nahas right on the edge. Might depend on what we do with the FA's.

It's not just Turner who can play the role, either. That will be Garner's spot as well.

You don't keep 26yo small fwds as depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back