List Mgmt. 2014 Trade and Free Agency Targets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

No chance in a thousand years. In 2013 we got Dom Tyson and downgraded from #2 to #9. Bastinac and Anthony for a downgrade from #3 to #16 is just insulting. Anthony has played 9 games in the last two years and Bastinac isn't the inside ball winning midfielder that we're after.
I reckon Liam Anthony would have played 22 games for you right now.

In all seriouslyness though, what a **** up that club has been since 2008.
Pick 1: Jack Watts...
Pick 17: Sam Blease
Pick 19: James Strauss
Pick 35: Jamie Bennell

Pick 1: Tom $cully
Pick 2: Jack Trengove
Pick 11: Jordan Gysberts
Pick 18: Luke Tapscott

2010:
Pick 12: Lucas Cook

2011:
Traded pick 12 for Mitch Clarke
Pick 36: Rory Taggart

Talk about a trail of desolate false hope an destruction.

In all seriouslyness though, what a **** up that club has been since 2008.
Pick 1: Jack Watts...
Pick 17: Sam Blease
Pick 19: James Strauss
Pick 35: Jamie Bennell

Pick 1: Tom $cully
Pick 2: Jack Trengove
Pick 11: Jordan Gysberts
Pick 18: Luke Tapscott

2010:
Pick 12: Lucas Cook

2011:
Traded pick 12 for Mitch Clarke
Pick 36: Rory Taggart

Talk about a trail of desolate false hope an destruction.

The Atacama desert is less desolate than those drafts......

Gysberts MKII
I suppose the difference is Blease is an outside player. Outside players don't require huge physic (something that Gysberts had a problem with) and under Paul Roos it's easy to see how a speedy wingman would be on the outer, given he wasn't interested in attacking play.

The Atacama desert is less desolate than those drafts......
Jamie Bennell and Max Gawn:

Tumbleweed.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2007:

4. Cale Morton
14. Jack Grimes
21. Addam Maric
53. Kyle Cheney
66. Tom McNamara

Pre-season. Stefan Martin

Well, at least Stefan Martin is finally starting to come good.

For Brisbane.

Am perplexed by our interest, surely Petrie plays next season? Black, Brown, Petrie, Daw, Hansen who's a handy type:p and missed our two winning finals.

Not seeing where Waite plays TBH.

I thought the same, but i do wonder if the big Drew might hang em up. Waite when going is a class act (ripped us new one last time) and i think might last longer than Petrie despite is it 12months age diff? Petrie has certainly struggled at times this year and doesnt appear to have the agility or leap he had even a few years ago. Add in the emergence of 200cm Brown who is handy below his knees, but we begin to be a bit slow. Brown, Waite, Black, Thomas, Turner with JZ/Cunners becomes fairly formidable. Daw you can put a line through, de-list or make him a back up ruck and de-list Curry.

No chance in a thousand years. In 2013 we got Dom Tyson and downgraded from #2 to #9. Bastinac and Anthony for a downgrade from #3 to #16 is just insulting. Anthony has played 9 games in the last two years and Bastinac isn't the inside ball winning midfielder that we're after.

Yep - seems a bit away. Although Anthony would play in the Demons 22 where he is struggling to get a look in at North. If the downgrade was 10 to 16 then maybe, but 3 to 16 is a stretch.

Yep - seems a bit away. Although Anthony would play in the Demons 22 where he is struggling to get a look in at North. If the downgrade was 10 to 16 then maybe, but 3 to 16 is a stretch.
We aren't going to give up pick 3 unless it involves bringing in a genuine gun player - i.e. someone like Dom Tyson who was a former #3 pick and was our second best player this year. Guys like Dylan Shiel would be the benchmark and if we couldn't get someone like that we'll just go to the draft.

I think we should probably just draft the full quota of kids this year......

We only have 7 players under 21, included in that are 2 rookies.

We have quite a few mid aged "project" players servicing the depth of the side. Jacobs, Nahas, Anthony, Harper, Hine, Tarrant, Delaney, Currie, Wallace, McMahon, McKenzie, Curran are all at the cross roads for various reasons, which is roughly 25% of the list, which is a ******* huge amount imo, and not easily replaceable in one draft without picking up a heap of garbage.

This is what happens when you run the risk of just retaining guys for depth purposes, sure it's easy to just delist them, but if you have to replace them in one or two drafts, you might be replacing them with guys that are 100th down the pecking order on your draft rankings.

Obviously the likes of McKenzie, Delaney, Jacobs, Tarrant will be retained for the short term, but they are most definately on notice, of which, these guys could seriously be the "phase 2" of this list turnover.

When you couple the fact we might have to replace retiring players in these years, you can probably see why I'm concerned.

We need to start turning over a fair amount this year, purely so we are replacing some players with 3rd and 4th rounders across 3 years, as opposed to Picks 70+

Our list is in solid shape, but not without alot of weeds imo, we struck a bit of gold in the last few years in Wood, Dumont, Turner with later pics, otherwise we'd be looking pretty bad imo.

Hmm i dunno, as pointed out we have our 3 main outsiders and some KPPers with a couple of years left.

Do we load up with kids when all we have are late draft picks or roll the dice and go for broke now while we have them? I think the later, if something suitable is on offer. GWS/ GC with massive talented lists are coming. Go hard now imo, then mini rebuild grab a superstar FA (perhaps from GWS/GC?) and have another crack while JZ, Cunners and co still have 3-4 years left.

Given the age of our vets, i just dont see the window being open that long. So im for using picks/ fringe players to load up.....dont want to die wondering.

We aren't going to give up pick 3 unless it involves bringing in a genuine gun player - i.e. someone like Dom Tyson who was a former #3 pick and was our second best player this year. Guys like Dylan Shiel would be the benchmark and if we couldn't get someone like that we'll just go to the draft.
IMHO Bastinac > Shiel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back