List Mgmt. 2014 Trade and Free Agency Targets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christernsen also lacks one of them
Really?

Oh well, there goes that theory.

I guess Bundy is probably a more desirable 'type' given his skill set but given the injuries and concerns over his behaviour clubs would be wary and a high first is more than reaching.

I think Levi is worth a pick in the teens, late teens granted bit teens nonetheless, so what would a pick 16 and another late teen pick get in a trade for a higher pick?? In the nfl they have a pick calculator that makes this so much easier... Is there anyone smart enough to create this??

But Levi wasn't in the AA squad. Beams was in the AA team in 2012.

Levi came second in North's B&F once when we made a PF. Beams won the Copeland Trophy in 2012, in a season when Collingwood finished top 4 and played in a PF.

We all love Levi, but he is not in Beams' class as a player. Not even close.
Please don't twist the post you're quoting so that your answer sounds better. He didn't say they are worth the same, just that if beams is worth more than 5 and 25, greenwood is surely worth an upgrade of 11 picks from 16 to 5. I would argue that based on beams value to the pies, greenwood alone is worth pick 5, but obviously because he wants to leave we will have to accept unders.

Edit: lol about 17 people got in before me

Last edited:
That's how the system generally works. Unless you are Melbourne, of course.

I trust our recruiting guys to get us something alright with whatever picks we get, I mean we get a pick that will pull on the blue and white. However we should set a minimum limit on what we will take for him.

If Collingwood cannot achieve that then we should be telling him to look for answers other than Collingwood.

Coming back to us being one of them.

Theres been a trade???

7LJeuPK.gif

But Levi wasn't in the AA squad. Beams was in the AA team in 2012.

Levi came second in North's B&F once when we made a PF. Beams won the Copeland Trophy in 2012, in a season when Collingwood finished top 4 and played in a PF.

We all love Levi, but he is not in Beams' class as a player. Not even close.

Pretty sure that proposed trade rated Beams as being both picks 16 and pick 25 higher than Greenwood.

Do we even have any players worth those 2 picks let alone adding a player of Greenwood's value?

Seriously given the value of Collingwood players they must be pretty short for the flag next year.

Last edited:
Levi is worth between picks 20-25 no less no greater. Hopefully we can get that done, still shattered hes left.
Ok let's say you are right.
We will be upgrading turner and Tippet, and already have 16, a 2nd rounderand a third rounder... We need to package 2 of our picks and maybe a player to move up the pointy end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please don't twist the post you're quoting so that your answer sounds better. He didn't say they are worth the same, just that if beams is worth more than 5 and 25, greenwood is surely worth an upgrade of 11 picks from 16 to 5. I would argue that based on beams value to the pies, greenwood alone is worth pick 5, but obviously because he wants to leave we will have to accept unders.

Edit: lol about 17 people got in before me

The post I was replying to was comparing Levi's and Beams' values, and mentioned that Levi - top 2 in a team that reached the PF - should have been in the AA squad this year as evidence of his value. I still think it was reasonable to point out that if you want to bring in AA, B&F and team placings as evidence of worth, they actually widen the gap between the two players.

Pretty much everyone, sorry. We will not be trading up to a top 5 pick with Levi and pick 16, not in a million years.
Well he's worth more than 25 so unless they throw in a player we're gonna get screwed

To be honest I'd be pretty stoked with 25 and 30 for Greenwood, while the top 4 or 5 in this draft are said to be future superstars, this draft goes impressively deep as well. List numbers becomes the issue but if we could package up our 16 and 25, trade it up with St kilda with a player like Anthony or someone similar attached, we'd come out pretty good here.

I think Levi is worth a pick in the teens, late teens granted bit teens nonetheless, so what would a pick 16 and another late teen pick get in a trade for a higher pick?? In the nfl they have a pick calculator that makes this so much easier... Is there anyone smart enough to create this??

If we just use common sense, what team needs two top 20 picks so much that they would trade a single higher pick for them? And how high would they go? I'd be shocked if anyone was prepared to give up a pick higher than about 13 for two picks later in the teens.

Ok let's say you are right.
We will be upgrading turner and Tippet, and already have 16, a 2nd rounderand a third rounder... We need to package 2 of our picks and maybe a player to move up the pointy end.
Yer i didnt say that we shouldnt on trade the 20s pick - just saying thats what hes worth. I feel we should use it to get some outside run via an established player - who that is im not sure.

To be honest I'd be pretty stoked with 25 and 30 for Greenwood, while the top 4 or 5 in this draft are said to be future superstars, this draft goes impressively deep as well. List numbers becomes the issue but if we could package up our 16 and 25, trade it up with St kilda with a player like Anthony or someone similar attached, we'd come out pretty good here.

Might need a bigger boat. A Bastinac or larger shaped boat to get a trade up like that done.

Yer i didnt say that we shouldnt on trade the 20s pick - just saying thats what hes worth. I feel we should use it to get some outside run via an established player - who that is im not sure.

Yes i too would love to know what established midfielder we could get with a pick 25-30. Obviously none of Collingwood's, Geelong, Swans, GC, GWS, Port or Hawthorns. Maybe someone out of Melbourne's?

Would have to be a player thats recently ripped apart a final or has potential to, the ability to average 25 possessions. Nah im not seeing it, only players you can get for chump change like that are North Melbourne players it seems.

Everyone just remember what pick we got Aaron Black with.
Hint: It contained the numbers 2 and 5.
If the draft is as deep as everyone's suggesting, there's every chance we can pick up a quality player with that pick.

If we just use common sense, what team needs two top 20 picks so much that they would trade a single higher pick for them? And how high would they go? I'd be shocked if anyone was prepared to give up a pick higher than about 13 for two picks later in the teens.

Blues were crying out for a pick around 16, yet we sit on our hands doing SFA letting Coll play the Beams deal ignoring Levi.

So much for being aggressive at the trade table. We preach 2 way running to the players yet are being passive with outgoing players in trade week.

Everyone just remember what pick we got Aaron Black with.
Hint: It contained the numbers 2 and 5.
If the draft is as deep as everyone's suggesting, there's every chance we can pick up a quality player with that pick.

Say the unlikely happened and we got 25 and 30, we'd have to make out of there like bandits.

Prelim team getting four picks in the top 35 is incredible, especially because I back our team to nail at a minimum 50%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back