2015 AFL Grand Final - Hawthorn v West Coast, 2.30pm AEST, 12.30pm WA - Match starts pg 34 #835.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

At least the umpiring wasn't an issue. Shuey and Darling will have a long flight home. Congrats hawks.

2 really boring Gfs. I never watched the 2013 replay was that as sucky as today?

Best of the three, but not great. The Hawks were sloppy and Freo a bit more. The contest existed for most of the game but Freo, aside for a small spurt where they were very inaccurate, never felt like a real threat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL is the home of Australian Football and playing the grand final at the MCG is a tradition that is inherent to our sport. There are many things currently that are not "fair" in the AFL, the grand final being played at the MCG is not even close to being one of them.
I understand there are VFL shills who insist on retaining the game's romantic qualities at the cost of fairness, but that doesn't invalidate the other argument: why should Richmond, Collingwood, Hawthorn and Melbourne get the permanent Grand Final venue as their home ground?

I mean, I knew there was a 95% chance we weren't gonna win. But it would've been nice if the guys actually showed up today, in their biggest day of their professional lives. A very disappointing end to an otherwise good year.

Hope the journos and pundits really sting the guys in the offseason because today was just pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back