List Mgmt. 2015 general list discussion and speculation - PLEASE START NEW THREAD ON BREAKING NEWS

How did you rate Geelong's trade and free agency period?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Martin was available, and it's highly unlikely, I would take him in a heartbeat. I couldn't give a stuff if he's got tatts or not.
He is the type of player Geelong is clearly lacking at the moment.
He's quick, strong, a good user of the ball and can play as an inside or outside midfielder. He certainly has the potential to be elite.
He is one player in the AFL who I believe needs a change of clubs. Given the right club with a strong culture and leadership group (something Richmond is severely lacking), he can be pulled into line and become one of the best players in the comp.
I don't know much about him (only what's in the papers) but I think some players are very difficult to change behaviorally- and he appears to be refusing to give up his "unsavoury" associates. Might be a bit like the Ben Cousins issue where he moved interstate to assist with trying to break away from the 'naughty' boys.

surely someone would throw up more then that.
I reckon he would get huge money from a few clubs
If you're Freo with a youngish list constantly knocking on the door. You'd find a million a year for him. Pies too.

I know I'll get shot down here but I'd like us to look at Vickery. Seems to be on his way out of Richmond and has proven his abilities before albeit he has had a terrible year. Would be ahead of Vardy, Brown and Walker to play as a second key forward and he's in the age bracket we need (he's 24).

Three Richmond rejects in Derickx, Nahas and Matt White are playing good football elsewhere this season and Vickery seems in clear need of a change of scenery.
I reckon if Richmond keep losing their players to other clubs, the AFL might step in to stop the mass exodus.

I reckon if Richmond keep losing their players to other clubs, the AFL might step in to stop the mass exodus.
I don't see how. Who have they lost anyway?

If you're Freo with a youngish list constantly knocking on the door. You'd find a million a year for him. Pies too.
If he wanted a million he has to go.
No way is he worth a million. Based on the last couple of games maybe.
But that's how cloke got his contract.

If he wanted a million he has to go.
No way is he worth a million. Based on the last couple of games maybe.
But that's how cloke got his contract.
I meant that's what Freo would offer him. Not us.
"If you're Freo...."

Which is great, what would we offer him, and what differential would it take?
If we were to offer him 400k less per year for 5 I reckon that's enough.

I know I'll get shot down here but I'd like us to look at Vickery. Seems to be on his way out of Richmond and has proven his abilities before albeit he has had a terrible year. Would be ahead of Vardy, Brown and Walker to play as a second key forward and he's in the age bracket we need (he's 24).

Three Richmond rejects in Derickx, Nahas and Matt White are playing good football elsewhere this season and Vickery seems in clear need of a change of scenery.
What about Ben Griffiths?
200 cm, starved of opportunities, still young.

Which is great, what would we offer him, and what differential would it take?
If we were to offer him 400k less per year for 5 I reckon that's enough.
I think maybe a little bit more. Taylor signed for 5 years at 600k a year. Tummy is worth as much.

If he signs for 5 years that takes him to 30 and that awkward stage. So he'd want 600k

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fpm quoted a few names above (were they delistings? I don't know) and names like Vickery, Martin and Riewoldt have been put up here in recent days.
Last two are dead set gone if Hardwick keeps his job.

He would be worth a million to a few teams.
But he won't go.
and will stay for much much less.
I agree- he is a Geelong boy and knows that the club has been very patient with him over the years, waiting for him to achieve his potential. Then they nursed him through his crook back last year. He loves the club and, as a father/son, I can't see him going anywhere- no matter what money is offered.

Hey guys

Dogs fan here. Any chance you guys can let us have billie smedts? Seems to be playing out of position off half-back and we are DESPERATE for some speed and goal-kicking. Did I mention we were desperate?

Thanks...

Ps - desperate

How much do we have to pay you to take him?

I think maybe a little bit more. Taylor signed for 5 years at 600k a year. Tummy is worth as much.

If he signs for 5 years that takes him to 30 and that awkward stage. So he'd want 600k
Harry had the go home factor plus Freo wanted him may have drove hes price up a bit.Nothing stopping them Or any other club to come sniffing for Tommy.I don't think he will go anywhere but never say never.

Hey guys

Dogs fan here. Any chance you guys can let us have billie smedts? Seems to be playing out of position off half-back and we are DESPERATE for some speed and goal-kicking. Did I mention we were desperate?

Thanks...

Ps - desperate
You guys should play Honeychurch.

After GAj id say nothing is impossible and if Hawk gets the Willy Wonka golden Ticket it would be tough to keep him. All the things we said about GAJ and the Crows are saying about Danger would apply to Hawk.

Id agree it would be a MONSTEROUS offer to get him to leave but you just never know these days sadly....

GO Catters

- I never want him to leave and hope like hell he signs back with us... FYI...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back