List Mgmt. 2015 LIST Discussion - trades, free agency etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to throw my 2 cents in, feel free to respond

Before the draft : 1, 20, 38, 56, 74 (roughly)

Trade to Geelong: Hendo & 20 for 8 + 28(may be pushed back to 3rd round)
Trade to Richmond Yaz + 38 for 12+ 68
Trade to Essendon 12 for Carslile
Trade to GWS 28 for Plowman (probs unders for them)

GAIN: Carslile, Plowman
LOSE: Hendo, Yaz

Picks 1, 8, 56, 68, 74

pretty much trading hendo & yaz for carslile and plowman = happy
and 8 & 68 for 20 & 38 = happy

Or id just keep 12 and draft A KPF

I like it, personally i would go for a tall at 8 if there was a good one available and go for mids next year. The possibility of Bell leaving would give us a pick around 20-30 but that would need to be used on Bailey Rice if his draft range is to be believed. Also doubt GWS will do a deal for pick 28 for Plowman, 20 is my pick for him.

How did he do this year?

Disappointing year, missed most of it thru injury. Just been delisted, so if he's wanting to head east and not back home to WA, he'd be worth looking at as a late pick or via PSD. Port had high hopes for Mason but with Dixon heading to Alberton that's pushed him down the pecking order.

Andy Maher is alright.

Andrew Gaze is doing my head in though. Used to love him when he was a cameo one day a week... just not up to being a morning host.

My main issue with Andy Maher is at times he starts to get a little over-excited and get's all 'bogany' as if he's talking to his mates at the footy club on a Thursday night.

It's during these times he starts to talk over the top of people which really annoys me. Brain-Drain Russell and Brain Taylor do the same thing in talking over people and not letting them finish an answer to a question.

Well there you have it ...............

Carlton star Chris Yarran is not attending the Blues' best-and-fairest count on Thursday night.

The Blues confirmed on Thursday Yarran was at home in Perth with family and had informed the club that he would not be attending the John Nicholls Medal at Crown Palladium.

A Blues spokesman said: "Players went on leave last Wednesday and informed the club of his wish to be in Perth with his family."

Yarran is contracted for next season but is expected to be traded in the upcoming exchange period with Richmond favoured to win his services.

Yarran, 24, has met with the Tigers, who would have to satisfy the Blues in a trade.

In the unlikely event Yarran is not traded, he will be a free agent after the 2016 season.

Lachie Henderson will also miss the count. The players' non-attendance can be read as a statement that they want to leave the club.

Henderson told the Blues late in the season he wanted to be traded, and did not play another game for the rest of the year. He is likely to join Geelong.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/afl/afl-news/chris-yarran-a-noshow-at-carlton-bestandfairest-count-20150917-gjpa5p.html#ixzz3lzQKYOsW

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still hopeful that he stays, although that's a fairly clear indication that he wants to leave the club. I will be disappointed if he does leave but at the same time just as happy if we receive fair compensation. As much talent as he possesses it hasn't translated to consistent output, which is a shame....he just doesn't seem to have the desire and application to become top flight. That being said , i hope we play hardball and accept nothing except a first rnd pick, otherwise we hang onto him and take our chances if he leaves as a free agent.

Starting to actually believe for the first time that Ben Lennon may be gettable. On what I've seen this year, I'd rather Lennon than Aish. There is an x factor to Lennon's game that intrigues me.

Mason Shaw and Jack Redden from PTA delisted.
I know there's been some chat re: M. Shaw over the years since his drafting.
Jack Redden goes ok but has been buggered with injury over the last few years (shoulder/s off memory) but would be a backup if MK leaves &/or Warnock. Need at least 3 ready made rucks on the list.

Mason Shaw and Jack Redden from PTA delisted.
I know there's been some chat re: M. Shaw over the years since his drafting.
Jack Redden goes ok but has been buggered with injury over the last few years (shoulder/s off memory) but would be a backup if MK leaves &/or Warnock. Need at least 3 ready made rucks on the list.

For the next 3-4 years, we need to have a moratorium on picking up cast-offs from other clubs because that is one of the main reasons why our list is in the state it is right now.

No club is going to jettison a talented/promising 18-20yo so we are wasting our time looking. Furthermore, the vast majority of players who have been cut by their current club are either too old (ie. they bring their bad habits with them), they have retired (why should we give them another year of superannuation ??) or plainly, they are not up to league standard.

For us to do a complete rebuild, we have to do the hard yards now by drafting in youth & trading out bit-part players who have no future.

Let's play it safe and stop looking for shortcuts that don't exist.

Got a sneaky suspicion that SOS will try and turn Pick 1 into a 2-3 for 1 if there are no compo picks awarded.

Eg - pick 1 to Bris for Redden, Aish and Pick 2.

Why wouldn't we turn the threat to Bris and play the game...

You 100% want Schache then this is what's it's going to cost you....

That's a win for us id say...
I can see something more along the lines of 1 for 2 and 21 or 2 and aish? The aish deal I could imagine we may need a sweetener

Got a sneaky suspicion that SOS will try and turn Pick 1 into a 2-3 for 1 if there are no compo picks awarded.

Eg - pick 1 to Bris for Redden, Aish and Pick 2.

Why wouldn't we turn the threat to Bris and play the game...

You 100% want Schache then this is what's it's going to cost you....

That's a win for us id say...

No club has ever finished stone-motherless last and been able to magically adjust their list to one that is a Grand Finalist in just one off-season so why the **** would you risk the opportunity of picking up the best key defender in the draft by doing a stupid trade like that ??

We are screaming out for quality key position players, especially those who play in defence, now we have been gifted one on a platter yet people suggest we should get all clever and trade away that advantage.

Seriously, if the Carlton Football Club was YOUR business, would you honestly go down that path ??

I didn't think so !!

For the next 3-4 years, we need to have a moratorium on picking up cast-offs from other clubs because that is one of the main reasons why our list is in the state it is right now.

No club is going to jettison a talented/promising 18-20yo so we are wasting our time looking. Furthermore, the vast majority of players who have been cut by their current club are either too old (ie. they bring their bad habits with them), they have retired (why should we give them another year of superannuation ??) or plainly, they are not up to league standard.

For us to do a complete rebuild, we have to do the hard yards now by drafting in youth & trading out bit-part players who have no future.

Let's play it safe and stop looking for shortcuts that don't exist.

There's also injury & opportunity shortfalls. Rookie spots are worthwhile if all adds up as a likely fit.

Shaw as a KPF, Redden for a ruck if we need a mature body in the event MK &/or Warnock are no longer in Navy Blue. All options need to be explored.

Hit the draft by all means but there's only so many 18yo's you bring in a trade period, especially as our draft picks get closer to the +100 mark. There'll be more next year with likely departures coming from Rowe, Simpson, White, Walker & Jamison (both the latter still contracted) and any recent draftees that don't kick on e.g. Smith, Foster, DVR and not to mention the angst with Tutt & Jones (which is one positive in your reply re: other clubs off-cuts but Laidler & M.Robinson, Stef Martin are other examples).

There's also injury & opportunity shortfalls. Rookie spots are worthwhile if all adds up as a likely fit.

Shaw as a KPF, Redden for a ruck if we need a mature body in the event MK &/or Warnock are no longer in Navy Blue. All options need to be explored.

Hit the draft by all means but there's only so many 18yo's you bring in a trade period, especially as our draft picks get closer to the +100 mark. There'll be more next year with likely departures coming from Rowe, Simpson, White, Walker & Jamison (both the latter still contracted) and any recent draftees that don't kick on e.g. Smith, Foster, DVR and not to mention the angst with Tutt & Jones (which is one positive in your reply re: other clubs off-cuts but Laidler & M.Robinson, Stef Martin are other examples).

NO !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back