List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Draft, Rookie Draft and FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I read some comments yesterday critical of St Kilda's recruiting team. From Saints supporters.

Critical in particular of Armeet Bains.

Suggesting we should've held on to the negotiating genius of Chris Pelchen. And it got me thinking; "Maybe they're right?"

The Pelican has apparently said in public that he'd give up pick 5 for Carlisle.

Now it's theoretical of course, but I would imagine the negotiations would go something like:

Pelchen - "We want Carlisle"
Dodoro - "Give us pick 5"
Pelchen - "Okay"

And at 10:01 am on Monday morning the deal's done. Pure genius!

We've truly shot ourselves in the foot by removing someone capable of satisfying other clubs needs and replacing him with a bloke who gets distracted by those of his own club. How the hell are we supposed to satisfy the needs of the media and opposition supporters if we continue to worry about what's best for the Red, White & Black?

Pathetic Saints! :mad:

This could be the biggest footy day of the year. Could be our grand final. Feel giddy.

Btw congrats Joffaboy on being so hopefully honest. Trust me you were not alone.

The Dixon deal is massive and I agree that we might not have a 2015 listed player on our lists by tonight

Perhaps it was just the north wind yesterday but everything seems much cooler today. In the end Carlisle is just a player and if he doesn't come to us then we have plenty of options to get other quality players. There's plenty of time for things to happen. Trust our List Management Team and trust our Club to back itself against the so-called big boys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm off to sleep here in the UK shortly. When I wake up I'm fully expecting 50 more pages.....
I'm thinking you might wake up to some delicious jelly for breakfast ;)

I read some comments yesterday critical of St Kilda's recruiting team. From Saints supporters.

Suggesting we should've held on to the negotiating genius of Chris Pelchen. And it got me thinking; "Maybe they're right?"

The Pelican has apparently said in public that he'd give up pick 5 for Carlisle.

Now it's theoretical of course, but I would imagine the negotiations would go something like:

Pelchen - "Okay"

We've truly shot ourselves in the foot by removing someone capable of satisfying other clubs needs and replacing him with a bloke who gets distracted by those of his own club. How the hell are we supposed to satisfy the needs of the media and opposition supporters if we continue to worry about what's best for the Red, White & Black?

Give me Bains & Trout any day , regardless what transpires .
We are not playing the media game .

Who's Brett Anderson?
Chief at Inside Football mag and pretty much the main man at SEN trade section. Only journo who I actually believe when he talks. Has good mail on all clubs. States that he doesn't know when he doesn't, instead of guessing like most others

I'm thinking you might wake up to some delicious jelly for breakfast ;)
Not normally what I have, but tomorrow I hope for an exception. That would be pretty good wouldn't it? Fast tracking ourselves to beat Essendon by 150 points next year. Not a mere 110.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

The Saints need to throw a bone at GC, & Sam Gilbert has unfortunately drawn the short straw.
GC are keen on adding picks & mature players to their back half.
Pick 5, Gilbert & next year's third rd for 10 & 17.
This year's 2nd/3rd on Freeman.
Carlisle for pick 17 & next year's 2nd rd pick (app 23-27)
Pick 10 draft: Mathiesion, Gresham, Milera..??
17 & next year's 2nd: Carlisle
2015 3rd & Saad or 2nd rd: Freeman
2015 3rd pick Rice
2015 4th or 5th rd pick Sinclair

Gilbert and 24 for 17.
17 for Carlisle
Probably overs but keeps pick 5 in tact.

Pelchen - "Okay"

It's still early, and I'm still on my first coffee. I was getting so angry at you for a while there.

THEN it clicked. Nice post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back