2015 Trade/FA Discussion (cont. in Pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In what way does keeping Lisle benefit the club? He's big and serviceable up forward, but we know his ceiling, and it's not what we want. I'd rather use that list position on someone else, it's not like we were playing finals this year anyway

...IMHO Henderson and Dixon are both B graders at their absolute best and won't take us further than what mcstay and Clarke will in a few years time. If we are full on serious about contending than Hawkins and Rance should seriously help that.
Wha??? You obviously missed QClash this year. Just the lazy 19 disposals and kicked 6.2. Durability would be his only worry, but if he can stay on the park he'd be a top ten AFL goal kicker every year. Agree on Henderson, although, he'd be a handy #2 KPF.

Wha??? You obviously missed QClash this year. Just the lazy 19 disposals and kicked 6.2. Durability would be his only worry, but if he can stay on the park he'd be a top ten AFL goal kicker every year. Agree on Henderson, although, he'd be a handy #2 KPF.
That's the kicker durability question marks on both of those you mentioned, we have enough players that struggle to get on the park now do we need to add more.

To be fair he was playing on young kpds and our midfield was getting slaughtered.

He was playing against a 19 year old. Even Danniher kicked 6 goals after he has been in poor form this season.

Don't we have to trade for Henderson, sinces he's not a free agent. Aren't we better off trading Aish or whatever we get for him to Essendon for Carlisle, since Carlton would be demanding a first round pick for Henderson. That way we can get a player who can play down back and up forward and is couple of years younger then Henderson (Carlisle age: 23).

I would pretty happily trade Aish for bell and some change if he's going to Carlton. But no ones going to Carlton IMO.
I am not sure about Bell. I think this is his 1st season where he is playing some decent footy and even then not sure how consistent it is on a week to week basis. He is just a better version of Robbo's except l think Robertson might end up better in the future.

If Aish somehow helped us get Hendo then l would take that, not sure what else l would take from them, but they would probably prefer our 1st round pick.

I am not sure about Bell. I think this is his 1st season where he is playing some decent footy and even then not sure how consistent it is on a week to week basis. He is just a better version of Robbo's except l think Robertson might end up better in the future.

If Aish somehow helped us get Hendo then l would take that, not sure what else l would take from them, but they would probably prefer our 1st round pick.
I think we need to get more height in our midfield to counter all the shorts. Mainly why I'm into bell

Is Schoenmakers worth chasing? Not up to date with his contract status but worth a look if available.
I would take Schoey if i was you, he does not miss a set shot at goal. All the guuy needs is a good run at it in the forward line. Schoey is keeping his spot in the team and playing well atm so Hawthorn might keep him, and i'm hoping they do. Good pick up for a team like you guys with a great midfield

I would take Schoey if i was you, he does not miss a set shot at goal. All the guuy needs is a good run at it in the forward line. Schoey is keeping his spot in the team and playing well atm so Hawthorn might keep him, and i'm hoping they do. Good pick up for a team like you guys with a great midfield
He's a Jordan Lisle 2.0. Thanks, but no thanks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bell isn't really the big inside midfielder we need though. He only averages 2.5 clearances and about 7 contested possessions. He's not quick or skilful either. He can run and rack up a few possessions but wouldn't get a look in with our 8 top midfielders.

why would we want hendo??
he isnt going to win you a premiership

And a combination of post-ACL Close and McStay will? Our gaping need at the moment is at KPF, as shown on the weekend by our forward entries getting picked off time and again because we don't have anyone really capable of contesting a mark, let alone taking one. Henderson at least has runs on the board, is a solid AFL player and can fill that hole.

You're simplifying the recruitment thought process way too much - any club outside the top 8 shouldn't be recruiting mature players because they're not going to deliver a premiership under that theory, including the likes of Beams, Christensen or Martin since we obviously need more help than just those.

Bell isn't really the big inside midfielder we need though. He only averages 2.5 clearances and about 7 contested possessions. He's not quick or skilful either. He can run and rack up a few possessions but wouldn't get a look in with our 8 top midfielders.

Bell is quick and is one of the better runners in the Carlton side. He covers a lot of ground and his size helps a lot of the smaller bodies in the Carlton midfield like Murphy. I accept this clearance numbers could be better. Where he has improved enormously this year has been in his disposal skills. Even over the season so far his kicking is looking so much better than it was (coming from a very low base admittedly) to the extent that it is a bit of a weapon atm and he is delivering some nice long balls into the 50.

At the end of last year I was prepared to write Bell off but now I see him as an emerging player. He is still only 23 so there is a fair bit of time in front of him.

He's more of a big bodied forward flanker at the moment.

Bell is quick and is one of the better runners in the Carlton side. He covers a lot of ground and his size helps a lot of the smaller bodies in the Carlton midfield like Murphy. I accept this clearance numbers could be better. Where he has improved enormously this year has been in his disposal skills. Even over the season so far his kicking is looking so much better than it was (coming from a very low base admittedly) to the extent that it is a bit of a weapon atm and he is delivering some nice long balls into the 50.

At the end of last year I was prepared to write Bell off but now I see him as an emerging player. He is still only 23 so there is a fair bit of time in front of him.

And a Brissy boy too :thumbsu:

If aish is going to Carlton I'd be happy with a straight swapfor bell. Let's face it we arent getting a top 10 pick for him and Bell is another goal kicking mid in the making.

If aish is going to Carlton I'd be happy with a straight swapfor bell. Let's face it we arent getting a top 10 pick for him and Bell is another goal kicking mid in the making.

LOL no! Bell is showing potential but I wouldn't be giving up Aish for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back