2015 Trade/FA Discussion (cont. in Pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any point posting that mid-trade period?
I find charts like that about as useful as comparing Dream Team points. Doesn't explain that we've traded a number 2 ruck with no discernible place in the side, soon to be 30 year old no longer demanding a position, Mitch Golby (enough said) and redden who asked to be traded and probably peaked 2 years ago.

And what Kevvo said.

Just a little summary for my own benefit. Please correct me if I get anything wrong.

So 8 players leaving, including Aish.

3 players arriving (Bell, Jansen, Walker) not including Bastinac.

That leaves 5 list spots.

I’m working on the assumption that you only get to use the picks for which you have list spots, because on balance that seems more credible.

So that’s picks 2, 17, 39, 41 and 42.

As discussed, we can use the picks from 17 onwards to match bids of up to 10 and 11 for Keays and Hipwood as it stands. Or 9 and 13, or 8 and 16.

So it seems as though we have the right mix of picks, but it couldn’t hurt to get a few more.

If we do somehow get Bastinac, then someone else apart from Aish has to go in order for us to use that pick 42 to match an academy bid.

Let’s assume that we’re prepared to delist one of Paine or Bewick, but hopefully not both of them, and that we won’t trade anyone else away.

One viable scenario at this point for Aish would be to trade him for Bastinac, a modest pick upgrade on one of those later picks, and perhaps something like a future draft pick.

So if Collingwood could scramble together:

• Bastinac (maybe for their pick 26 and a later pick back from the Roos)

• A pick in the mid 30s (maybe #32 from Adelaide for Seedsman)

• A future second round pick (maybe from St Kilda for Freeman).
And trade all of that to us for, say, Aish and pick 39.

Then that looks pretty good to me.

Lol, Collingwood board in meltdown over the fact they haven't completed a trade yet and the fact that they have to do the Freeman, Seedsman, Aish, Treloar and Howe deals all within 3 days. Thought Hine was supposed to be the messiah or something.

That doesn't look great.

To be fair, Staker (160), McGuane (112) and Goose (170) weren't going to rack up games next year, and arguably neither would Jed (206). In terms of lost experience that would've been in the 22 next year, our losses would probably have less impact on our performances than that chart suggests.

Add another 100+ for Leuey too - just wasn't working out as 2nd ruckman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forfty percent of all people know that.

anchorman-60percent-e1408743416815.png

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/afl...kilda-by-tuesday-morning-20151019-gkcoy5.html

Collingwood midfielder Nathan Freeman is set to join the Saints in a deal for St Kilda's second round pick next year.

We would want that pick in the Aish deal.

If I could bet against one team failing to meet their own expectations in 2016, it'd be the Saints.

With next year's third rounder already spoken for, an extra second rounder is even more valuable.

Plus if we got Collingwood's second rounder we'd just have to downgrade it for an academy player anyway. Better to use those later picks, if we can.

Look, you're one of the New Kids on the Block here so I'll try not to say anything Blue,but you've got exactly Five minutes to get out of here before me and Brown Dog work Nsync to beat that Hanson face of yours (not really,just needed another pun)
Yeah, almost nailed it.

Walker and Jansen for a future 3rd rounder - How good is that? Schwabby is a magician. Even if they don't work into our 22 much, can't really complain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was I the only one expecting to maybe hear some Jack Watts scuttlebutt this trade period? Seemed like the Watts/Demons relationship had finally run it's coarse in my eyes. Either they're still holding hope he'll become a useful player or they think he has little trade value and he's worth more to hold onto.

Fun fact: I served Josh Walker at my workplace in Geelong last summer, and I didn't realise who it was until the end of our discussion where I saw his name on the contract.

We had a discussion about his game in the 2014 final against North Melbourne (which he played well in), and he seemed a pretty regular guy. I just thought he was some generic tall dude as he was not overly built, and he was wearing a cap to cover his scone!

Lol, Collingwood board in meltdown over the fact they haven't completed a trade yet and the fact that they have to do the Freeman, Seedsman, Aish, Treloar and Howe deals all within 3 days. Thought Hine was supposed to be the messiah or something.

Any chance you could take a break from the synopses of what happens on other team boards? Other supporters could come on our board and do exactly the same thing given some of the hysterics that occurs here on a regular basis.

Any chance you could take a break from the synopses of what happens on other team boards? Other supporters could come on our board and do exactly the same thing given some of the hysterics that occurs here on a regular basis.
We're all fair game.

We're all fair game.

I know, but we don't really need to hear about how a section of their supporter base are acting irrationally. Got nothing to do with us. If people want to revel in other misfortune they know where to do it. I honestly couldn't give one shit, let alone two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back