List Mgmt. 2015 Trade & Free Agency Hellscape Discussion Thread (PG546: Anderson PG732: Bastinac)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys that have had 3 years in the system, and produced 10 games, whilst averaging 18 disposals per game in a very good VFL side aren't worth pick 15 mate.
Mitigating circumstances though; he's had a very unlucky run with injuries and also suffered a serious illness. To simply state that he's only played 10 games is unfair.

People see a pick inside 20 and cream their pants, when in reality you aren't guaranteed anything.

Even a top 10 a large portion are flops. Get real people picks are so overrated it's not funny.

Giving up 15 for Anderson we get a player who has shown a bit at top level, highly rated, is ready to play after 3 years in the system and fits perfectly into our side. If you can't deal with that then seriously you should never let the club trade a draft pick.

Jed's numbers have been posted multiple times. Massively impacted by the number of times he was sub. Less than 50% game time.

How many more times has he been sub compared to Garner?

People see a pick inside 20 and cream their pants, when in reality you aren't guaranteed anything.

Even a top 10 a large portion are flops. Get real people picks are so overrated it's not funny.

Giving up 15 for Anderson we get a player who has shown a bit at top level, highly rated, is ready to play after 3 years in the system and fits perfectly into our side. If you can't deal with that then seriously you should never let the club trade a draft pick.
Yep I agree and all the Hawks faithful are gutted he's being considered trade bait.

Its like Dumont or TG getting floated as trade bait - we would be pissed (some of us would anyway, others will never be happy regardless)..

Yep I agree and all the Hawks faithful are gutted he's being considered trade bait.

Its like Dumont or TG getting floated as trade bait - we would be pissed (some of us would anyway, others will never be happy regardless)..
Yeah that's a good point. Would people get rid of dumont for pick 15 this year?

Barrett: "North are getting desperate"

Lol **** off Damo, noone at the club tells you shit, you just guess as usual. How well did the Harvey to another club rumour work out?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with what you are saying about draft picks being over rated.

However, players that have had 2-3 years int he system can be just as over rated.

People assume that they will come good or reach their potential. Look at Harper. Look at Black. Look at Bastinac. All have showed something at AFL level. None look like they are going to make it.

Anderson might improve and be a star. He may stay at the same level, or injuries might persist. Pick 15 gives you your best shot at a gun and the only way i would trade that is if it was for a player that i knew was at least very good at AFL level.

From a horse trading point of view I'd like the club to exploit Hawthorn and * and extract a bit more out of the deal than just Anderson + 41.

However.

We'd need to understand how we rate players 6-33 in this draft versus Jed Anderson (assuming 1-5 would be top 10 locks) to understand how to assess a straight 15 for Anderson swap.

Jed's numbers have been posted multiple times. Massively impacted by the number of times he was sub. Less than 50% game time.
So

Here are career totals

upload_2015-10-15_15-58-53.png

Games Garner + 3
Kicks Garner + 7
Disposals Garner + 32
Marks Garner + 14

But you're right those totals are misleading because

TOG Garner +301 minutes.

from this the conclusion I draw is that Anderson has statistically performed better in less time.

So

Here are career totals

View attachment 184547

Games Garner + 3
Kicks Garner + 7
Disposals Garner + 32
Marks Garner + 14

But you're right those totals are misleading because

TOG Garner +301 minutes.

from this the conclusion I draw is that Anderson has statistically performed better in less time.

Comparing stats of guys that have played 13 and 10 games respectively is futile in my opinion.

However, players that have had 2-3 years int he system can be just as over rated.

People assume that they will come good or reach their potential. Look at Harper. Look at Black. Look at Bastinac. All have showed something at AFL level. None look like they are going to make it.

Anderson might improve and be a star. He may stay at the same level, or injuries might persist. Pick 15 gives you your best shot at a gun and the only way i would trade that is if it was for a player that i knew was at least very good at AFL level.
Have you watched the bloke play? He looks awesome

Please take into account the side he has been trying to break into...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back