List Mgmt. 2015 Trade & Free Agency Hellscape Discussion Thread (PG546: Anderson PG732: Bastinac)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is Buckley handing out wristies at these player approaches or something? Landing just about everyone he chases the last couple of years with nothing much to indicate why.

I suspect he's a very persuasive and compelling speaker when he can be frank in a one on one. Say what you like about FIGJAM, but he's certainly an asset to their recruiting department.

Hardly ready to get a senior spot in our side either.

The club would be better off packaging that pick up with another high draft pick and giing after Prestia.
Yep. We should definitely go for another inside mid, that's certainly what we need. Anderson is everything we are lacking and the way you're talking about him anyone would think he's only got a couple of years left before retirement. Anderson could have an instant impact next year and still be a 10 year player; anyone picked at 15 may not even play next year. Anderson is the best of both worlds. This aging list nonsense is a complete fallacy, we have a very good group of footballers under 25 and Anderson will add to that.

Yep. We should definitely go for another inside mid, that's certainly what we need. Anderson is everything we are lacking and the way you're talking about him anyone would think he's only got a couple of years left before retirement. Anderson could have an instant impact next year and still be a 10 year player; anyone picked at 15 may not even play next year. Anderson is the best of both worlds. This aging list nonsense is a complete fallacy, we have a very good group of footballers under 25 and Anderson will add to that.

Not worth even trying to reason with that guy.

Has Anderson come out and said he wants to play for us? I thought he nominated West Coast. I know players can change their minds, but I haven't heard anything from him or his manager about wanting to come to us.

Jed's a gun. He has everything I like in a young footballer. Genuinely flat he's going.

Serious question, how come he could only get 4 games given the games other players were getting ahead of him and his form in the VFL for Box Hill?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this is typical media garbage. Theres no way the club is dumb enough to give pick 15 for Anderson. It has to be bullshit.
Give it a rest mate. You don't like or agree with the supposed deal. We get it!!

Just an example maybe Josh Kelly then. Trade for an A grader not a f****** D grader.

From next years draft.

Prestia is contracted until 2016

We currently have pick 15, based upon this year and last year we woudl be looking at a pick in the teens next year.

You are suggesting that 15 and some pick in the teens would be enough to satisfy Gold Coast to part with a contracted player?

I doubt it.

My guess is the deal goes through.

And Anderson becomes the replacement whipping boy of LA.

Then we can have a new duo of Gibson/Anderson to whine about.

And he hasn't even pulled on a jumper in anger yet.

Welcome to the 2nd circle of hell Jed.

you will think the saints will come up with another deal to satisfy Essendon...
You would think however the deal that Hawthorn are attempting to broker relies on a perceived stupidity that we are willing to give up pick 15 in essence for Anderson. Hopefully we aren't that stupid. :stern look

Howe to Collingwood

"We’ve just spoken off-air to Jeremy Howe’s manager Ben Niall, who confirmed he has agreed to move to the Pies. Buckley relationship the key"

Does he want the top or bottom? :stern look

I think we should back in our recruiters. We have always been adamant about using our first round pick but this your we seem eager to trade out our highest pick and are looking at every player available.

This tells me we don't rate this draft at all so maybe pick 15 for a player who fills exactly what we need isn't a bad deal at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back