Preview 2016 AFL Finals - Sydney v G.Western Sydney, Stadium Aus, Sat, Sept 10, 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

In terms of atmosphere around the game, I hope GWS don't make the GF this year - there'll undoubtedly be a ton of bandwagoners in Sydney next year (which is good IMO) and it'll mean a little more if they fall short a couple times before reaching the big dance.
That being said, I really, really hope they smash Sydney next weekend.

Also, what was with Sydney in 2014? Won 9 of their last 11 heading into finals (incl. 1 junk time loss to a spirited Richmond) - won their finals comfortably after the first half against Freo... then go on to get absolutely belted by the Hawks... no talk of mental weakness at the Swans? :p

In terms of atmosphere around the game, I hope GWS don't make the GF this year - there'll undoubtedly be a ton of bandwagoners in Sydney next year (which is good IMO) and it'll mean a little more if they fall short a couple times before reaching the big dance.
That being said, I really, really hope they smash Sydney next weekend.

Also, what was with Sydney in 2014? Won 9 of their last 11 heading into finals (incl. 1 junk time loss to a spirited Richmond) - won their finals comfortably after the first half against Freo... then go on to get absolutely belted by the Hawks... no talk of mental weakness at the Swans? :p
I really dont think anyone cares very much at this point, what VFL clubs supporters think. Particularly those not participating in finals. We've got a QF to discuss.

Personally, i think that for GWS, the qualifying final is more important, in that i would rate sydney better to be able to go win on the road if they lose, and GWS to be more certain of actually winning a home prelim, especially against the cats/hawks/eagles, than sydney.

Category 3 and 4 tickets now back on sale at ANZ after being exhausted and sold out yesterday.

They must have found some more seats out the back :rolleyes:

Category 3 and 4 tickets now back on sale at ANZ after being exhausted and sold out yesterday.

They must have found some more seats out the back :rolleyes:

Yeah I suspect there's likely 10k-15k seats still available plus 10K ANZ members.

We need another big push to get general sales up around that 55k mark so the ANZ members push us out over 60k.

Yeah I suspect there's likely 10k-15k seats still available plus 10K ANZ members.

We need another big push to get general sales up around that 55k mark so the ANZ members push us out over 60k.

Yep, i would be interested how ticketek works it process, yesterday all categories were exhausted, anyone going to their site and who knows how many people did, would have thought quite rightly that only single tickets were available - quite a shabby process IMO.

I have noticed the Spotless Stadium system is where you can actually choose your own seat rather this shitty system at ANZ.

Still think they may crack 60,000 :thumbsu:

No official update on sales since mid week.

I wonder what the pax numbers are up to? Ve nice if we were over 45k.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should enjoy this treatment while it lasts. When we're back at the SCG it will be a knife fight tying to land tickets.

Edit: whoops. Should have posted this comment on the Swans board. Mixed my threads up. :oops:

Last edited:
they've opened up level 6 which is where we are going to sit thanks to some procrastinating friends. bay 607, still better than behind the goals.

Yep, i would be interested how ticketek works it process, yesterday all categories were exhausted, anyone going to their site and who knows how many people did, would have thought quite rightly that only single tickets were available - quite a shabby process IMO.

I have noticed the Spotless Stadium system is where you can actually choose your own seat rather this shitty system at ANZ.

Still think they may crack 60,000 :thumbsu:

When bought our tickets (through the members pre-release) it said that only single tickets left, until logged in and added barcode then there were tickets available in every category.

ANZ is crap. As you say fact can't choose what area of ground you want to sit in sucks. Don't need the ability to pick seat, but can't even pick blocks.

The neafl website lists the game as 12pm sat venue tba, so there is the possibility that it could be played at anz as a curtain raiser.

I think that might depend on the ground condition. If the ground is patchy they'll keep them off it in a vain hope it holds up through the main game.

So i think it's safe to assume the game won't be at ANZ given what the ground condition is guaranteed to be.

They would complain because there wouldn't be enough seats for their members to attend. The fact that not enough seats at SCG for GWS members to attend is a minor point and in no way hypocritical.

To clarify, I meant the NEAFL GF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2016 AFL Finals - Sydney v G.Western Sydney, Stadium Aus, Sat, Sept 10, 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back