2016 Draft Thread - The Rebuild Begins

If available, which player do you want us to select at pick 7?

• Sam Petrevski-Seton

Votes: 123 45.6%
  • Tim English

Votes: 50 18.5%
  • Ben Ainsworth

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Tim Taranto

Votes: 27 10.0%
  • Griffin Logue

Votes: 43 15.9%
  • Todd Marshall

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Jack Scrimshaw

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Josh Rotham

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Oliver Florent

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Cedric Cox

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Other

Votes: 7 2.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our second pick there a rumour about a Casey ruckman oscar mcinerney. Anyone have any idea or thoughts on him ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think he is the one Terry Wallace mentioned a number of times on Trade Radio. A mature 23? Aged ruckman. Mind you if Wallace recommends him we may want to avoid him.:D

Our second pick there a rumour about a Casey ruckman oscar mcinerney. Anyone have any idea or thoughts on him ?
He's on my list as one of the ruck options I'd be fine with from the pool but pick #35 is too early imo (but who knows in this crazy draft?). He's a mature age (22yo) big 204cm ruck that is pretty mobile, has good tap work, and he also follows up to win the ball after he taps it which is probably why clubs are interested. He is also pretty good in front of goals and knows how to take a grab - very strong in the air. You can see the smoothness of English's movement when you compare the two but McInerney's no slouch at ground level and has good hands from what I have seen. I'd personally prefer the potential of Rowan Marshall or Olango but McInerney is a safer option as more immediate ruck depth I'd think so I can see why we'd be interested (far better option than Darcy Cameron imo).

What's Simpkin like? Player comparison?
Tim Ruffles;)

McInerney's purported strengths are similar to Tim's from memory.Good below his knees,high athleticism,better marking and agility.
Too late Waytogo's got him covered.When I looked at his highlights a week or so ago I remember thinking he had good footy smarts,was a good thinker/decision maker with quick reactions.
Decent ruck prospect.

McInerney's purported strengths are similar to Tim's from memory.Good below his knees,high athleticism,better marking and agility.
Too late Waytogo's got him covered.When I looked at his highlights a week or so ago I remember thinking he had good footy smarts,was a good thinker/decision maker with quick reactions.
Decent ruck prospect.
I agree - I think he seems to have good vision and footy smarts as well. Some of his handballs in traffic are really impressive for a giant. I forgot to mention that even though he is 22yo he is still very raw, so there is plenty of development opportunity. He won best player in the development league and pretty much did that from minimal experience so he seems a quick learner. Starting to convince myself he might be a great ruck prospect option as Sandi's apprentice next year. No doubt Hawthorn are interested given Box Hill wanted him, I wonder who else is keen on him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This feels like the night before Christmas. I wonder what Santa will bring us tomorrow, hopefully a new jet or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back