2016 Draft Thread - The Rebuild Begins

If available, which player do you want us to select at pick 7?

• Sam Petrevski-Seton

Votes: 123 45.6%
  • Tim English

Votes: 50 18.5%
  • Ben Ainsworth

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Tim Taranto

Votes: 27 10.0%
  • Griffin Logue

Votes: 43 15.9%
  • Todd Marshall

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Jack Scrimshaw

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Josh Rotham

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Oliver Florent

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Cedric Cox

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Other

Votes: 7 2.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The thing I can't quite get out of my head is how many times we've been smashed in the clearances even though Sandi has dominated the hitouts.

So then I think, what does it matter if English isn't a great ruckman? If he's bulking up with his skills who could be a great asset. But then I think just grab the best inside mid and pick up a early twenties crash bang big unit (Oscar McInerney 203cm/100kg) with a late pick.

Who'd want to be a list manager? Bet they don't sleep much tonight.
Both strategies are viable. I agree with Taylor that it is about points of difference. But you can get very serviceable inside mids in the 30s in most drafts and this draft is exceptional for midfielders. I expect quality to be available at our 2nd and 3rd picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

English Petrevski Seton Brodie Scrimshaw Simpkin okay but looking at the top eight players who are ready to go now in order of best available for each club EG WOULD BE IN THE 22 AT START and play most games in 2017 imo in order McGrath, Powell Pepper, Brodie, Bowes, McCluggage, Berry, Logue, Taranto, Bolton, Graham, Ainsworth, Scrimshaw, Ridley, Waterman, Venables, with D Clarke, SPS, Simkin, Hayward and Witherdon and B Cox A FEW GAMES IN 2017 EG 3-7
For me players who we could not see as being in their teams best 22 at start of season become more risk associated with the need for development before being ready - does not mean they won't be great - but if the first ten picks were on readiness to play AFL what would be each clubs selection then sorry this is long Mod i think any one of the players i mentioned would not disappoint if we selected them

Does Will Brodie really look that different to Blakely though? Blakely was also under 18 All Australian, but had actually played WAFL footy and still went pick 34.

Our second pick there a rumour about a Casey ruckman oscar mcinerney. Anyone have any idea or thoughts on him ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we pick Simpkin I will throw my laptop at the cat.

The kid looks a good player but another outside small forward cum mid is not something we are short of. Think Langdon, Weller, Bennell, Yarran. BHill

Surely in a deep even draft we can afford to go for a needs based approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back