2016 Draft Thread - The Rebuild Begins

If available, which player do you want us to select at pick 7?

• Sam Petrevski-Seton

Votes: 123 45.6%
  • Tim English

Votes: 50 18.5%
  • Ben Ainsworth

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Tim Taranto

Votes: 27 10.0%
  • Griffin Logue

Votes: 43 15.9%
  • Todd Marshall

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Jack Scrimshaw

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Josh Rotham

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Oliver Florent

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Cedric Cox

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Other

Votes: 7 2.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm on the English bandwagon more than ever. When people say there are 'better options' available, what does 'better option' mean? Are there other options that could have more of an impact earlier in their careers than English? Sure. But English is regarded as the best ruckman in a while, especially this year, and fills a need on our list where Sandi and Griff will probably retire in the next year or two. Would we look back in two years with Zarke on our list as the only noted ruckman and only the likes of the normal second string ruckman available (Vardy, Witts) being available for trade, and think, wish we picked up English, our midfield is stacked. English could be our ruckman for 10+ years and i'd have that as a bigger need than a midfielder which are in abundance each draft.

Lot of phantoms see him drifting out to 15+ now. His strength isn't even the rucking/contested work we'd need from him in 3-4 years. Could easily see him turn out nothing better than a utility type like Mark Blicavs who both isn't good enough to ruck and is outperformed by actual midfielders in the middle.

Lot of phantoms see him drifting out to 15+ now. His strength isn't even the rucking/contested work we'd need from him in 3-4 years. Could easily see him turn out nothing better than a utility type like Mark Blicavs who both isn't good enough to ruck and is outperformed by actual midfielders in the middle.

And that's why I don't want him

I don't think your english is that good either . My english as my second language i think is way better than you speak or write in my first language. You make a fool of yourself to ask me to change avatar and said you can't understand my english.
Wish my indonesian was as good as your English. And speaking of English, does the fact he has put on significant kgs excite any of the posters criticising him being skinny? Says to me that he is capable of rapid development.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon we can hit most needs.
SPS happens to be there grab him...if not Scrimshaw, English or Logue, or even Brodie or Hayward. (Mid, HB, HB, Mid, HF with te potential to go mid...Fyfe if you will.)
Second round: Juggle according to who we took first.
Could be Parfitt or a Zac Fisher.
If we haven't taken English first I'd love Olango third. Yes it probably a bit early but this kid could be anything.

Sounds like we are going best available for pick 7. GC would be shooting themselves in the foot if they played games with their picks.
Disagree. They have scope to manipulate the draft and should. We would not have got Hasleby and Pavlich if we had simply gone best and taken Pavlich. Knowing Richmond would not draft Pavlich but would take a midfielder was smart drafting.

Disagree. They have scope to manipulate the draft and should. We would not have got Hasleby and Pavlich if we had simply gone best and taken Pavlich. Knowing Richmond would not draft Pavlich but would take a midfielder was smart drafting.

You can only manipulate the draft if you know teams won't take certain players (due to not fulfilling needs). GC can't manipulate Freo if we are willing to take any player.

You can only manipulate the draft if you know teams won't take certain players (due to not fulfilling needs). GC can't manipulate Freo if we are willing to take any player.
Fremantle can however manipulate GC if we want 1 player but indicate another player that GC then take at 6

There are many way to play the draft and a blanket best available is silly. If Logue is best available but you expect Berry and/Rotham to be available at your next pick and to be suitable for your needs, but a player like Brodie won't, you should factor it in.

The thing I can't quite get out of my head is how many times we've been smashed in the clearances even though Sandi has dominated the hitouts.

So then I think, what does it matter if English isn't a great ruckman? If he's bulking up with his skills who could be a great asset. But then I think just grab the best inside mid and pick up a early twenties crash bang big unit (Oscar McInerney 203cm/100kg) with a late pick.

Who'd want to be a list manager? Bet they don't sleep much tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back