List Mgmt. 2016 Hypothetical draft, trade and free agency thread

what to do with Pick 10?

• continue trying to trade with GCS for JOM?

Votes: 26 66.7%
  • draft a youngster

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Rockliff

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Hartlett

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd have thought the same but surely he's gone... Might as well use it to the clubs benefit... Can't blame him though...
I'd agree that we can't blame him if he left last year, but he's the future of our backline. I'd not support his walking out now unless he wanted back to Adelaide for family reasons etc.

In saying that, Clarko seems obsessed with playing an undersized backline...

Contracts don't mean a whole lot these days but thanks for the info...

Do you know for how long??? I figured he was contracted but haven't checked when it ends...
Reckon it was 4 yrs at least.

Also, he's a good 10kg heavier than he should be, maybe more. His talent is undeniable, but if he wants to be all-time then he needs to get serious, drop some weight & run some more.

That's a tough one & hard to understand when not part of the inner sanctum.

As an outsider, I'd have expected the club to sign him up for 4 yrs at $300k hoping to get him cheap but sway him with tenure. From his perspective, I'd have thought he'd push for 2yrs at $300k knowing he's our tallest defender by 2 inches & that he's the future, hoping that his next 2x contracts would be where he made his money.

Given that neither has happened is extremely concerning & suggests to me that he's on his way out (mainly because I don't know what is being discussed inside).

What do you think his contract would be worth on the open market??? I think on your merit he would be able to get close to base 200k max $400k (levered with huge game incentives).

Would be interesting to find out Nathan Browns options from North because I would take Brand over him in a heartbeat.

He is worth some much more to us than he is via trade (fingers crossed if it comes to that, we can maximise his value Jed style)

Reckon it was 4 yrs at least.

Also, he's a good 10kg heavier than he should be, maybe more. His talent is undeniable, but if he wants to be all-time then he needs to get serious, drop some weight & run some more.

Would trust Clarko and the team to turn him back to his best... Maybe a move would do wonders for him and his game also...

What do you think his contract would be worth on the open market??? I think on your merit he would be able to get close to base 200k max $400k (levered with huge game incentives).

Would be interesting to find out Nathan Browns options from North because I would take Brand over him in a heartbeat.

He is worth some much more to us than he is via trade (fingers crossed if it comes to that, we can maximise his value Jed style)
Assumption: Brand wants to go to Adelaide for family/whatever reason

I reckon he could push for a 4yr deal for $1.4m at Pooort. It's probably overs, but they've just lost Carlisle, Butcher & Schulz. Treng(r)ove & Brand could play together for the next 5-7yrs at FB/CHB so they could well be great partnership. It's worth paying for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By the way that's three hack players over 190cms for a GUN mid!!!

That's 3 Key Position Players - of which we have precious few regardless of quality - for 1 gun Mid that we already have plenty of and are looking to replace with attainable players like Mitchell and JOM.

So if we are to go with your plan name me the 4 key position players in our team next year? (and I've never though Gibson plays his best footy as a key back - same with Gunston forward) I'll give you Frawley at full Back - like to hear the rest of you line up.

Schoey is a premiership forward.

Brand is developing on track as a key defender

TOB is getting more game time and finding his feet

- I don't see hack players, just hack supporters who are waiting for us not to be reigning premier so they can go into full whinge mode

Please don't slaughter me :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::sweatsmile::sweatsmile::sweatsmile:
What i hope could maybe happen

Trade 1:
GCS: O'Meara
Hawks: Sicily, Big Boy 2017 second (may not even be needed)

Trade
Swans: Mitchell
Hawks: 2017 first

Trade 3:
Port: Lobbe
Hawks: Pitto and 2016 2nd

Trade 4:
Cats: Vardy
Hawks: 2016 4th rounder

Trade 5:
Lions: Rockliff? Tiges: Martin?
Hawks: 2016 First

Thats not too bad mate...

I really like 1 and 2
As for 3 maybe we could keep Pittonet and get Longer for our second rounder alone
Vardy would be good if still available at our fourth, but doubful
As for 5 we might get Rockliff but not Martin - would prefer Martin though

Keep it up mate!!!

Assumption: Brand wants to go to Adelaide for family/whatever reason

I reckon he could push for a 4yr deal for $1.4m at Pooort. It's probably overs, but they've just lost Carlisle, Butcher & Schulz. Treng(r)ove & Brand could play together for the next 5-7yrs at FB/CHB so they could well be great partnership. It's worth paying for.

Agreed!!!

That's 3 Key Position Players - of which we have precious few regardless of quality - for 1 gun Mid that we already have plenty of and are looking to replace with attainable players like Mitchell and JOM.

So if we are to go with your plan name me the 4 key position players in our team next year? (and I've never though Gibson plays his best footy as a key back - same with Gunston forward) I'll give you Frawley at full Back - like to hear the rest of you line up.

Schoey is a premiership forward.

Brand is developing on track as a key defender

TOB is getting more game time and finding his feet

- I don't see hack players, just hack supporters who are waiting for us not to be reigning premier so they can go into full whinge mode

I've already explained my opinion on this... Not explaining it again, maybe try read mate...

By the way whats with me having to name 4 KPP???

The trade only involved 3 players and don't even think any of them qualify as KPP anyway...

Thats not too bad mate...

I really like 1 and 2
As for 3 maybe we could keep Pittonet and get Longer for our second rounder alone
Vardy would be good if still available at our fourth, but doubful
As for 5 we might get Rockliff but not Martin - would prefer Martin though

Keep it up mate!!!

is longer actually anything though haven't heard of him since traded to the saints? maybe just a second for lobbe. won't be playing when ryder is and we need a ruck

some good insight there.

who did you post as previously? why aren't you using that account anymore?

Only one that has that potential would be Brand...

TOB looks like a 12 year old school girl and Schoenmakers is injury prone as f@#k remeber???

Hence the 99 games in 8 seasons...

Wow... You're like a chihuahua aren't you??? Just won't stop yapping...

Seriously though if you have a difference of opinion that's all good and fine, no need to be childish about it though...

Please don't slaughter me :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::sweatsmile::sweatsmile::sweatsmile:
What i hope could maybe happen

Trade 1:
GCS: O'Meara
Hawks: Sicily, Big Boy 2017 second (may not even be needed)

Trade 2:
Swans: Mitchell
Hawks: 2017 first

Trade 3:
Port: Lobbe
Hawks: Pitto and 2016 2nd

Trade 4:
Cats: Vardy
Hawks: 2016 4th rounder

Trade 5:
Lions: Rockliff? Tiges: Martin?
Hawks: 2016 First

Lobbe is absolute junk.

is longer actually anything though haven't heard of him since traded to the saints? maybe just a second for lobbe. won't be playing when ryder is and we need a ruck

Would steer clear of Lobbe if possible... Prefer Longer but each to their own buddy... It's all hypothetical remember???

Not everyone will think the same but doesn't mean one person opinion is better than the others...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back