Injury 2016 Injury List

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed.

I'm getting sick of the pea heart garbage from some of the posters on here. How many of you have played as a ruckman? you get smashed by 100kg opposition upwards of 50 times a game and also need to run 15+ km a game to get to stoppages .

Not to mention you get belted every time you go for a mark (ask Sandi!) and 5 guys on your back if you go low for the ground ball. Umpires hardly call any frees against a smaller guy on a ruckman. All AFL rucks are bloody tough - even if they look relaxed on the field.

Sure, Zaarke is no world beater and is up and down a bit, but it's a bit rich to call a player who played half the 2014 Port final with broken ribs and a punctured lung a pea heart!

C'mon have a bit of respect.

/rant

Those who call players pea hearts lack any heart.

Those who call players pea hearts lack any heart.
Yup, i am one that call him pea heart to ask for three years contract . If he is asking for two and confident enough to show it the next two years contract will automatic put in front of him . Put pea heart aside He still show nothing in afl level post music festival to deserved three years contract.

Last edited:
Agreed.

I'm getting sick of the pea heart garbage from some of the posters on here. How many of you have played as a ruckman? you get smashed by 100kg opposition upwards of 50 times a game and also need to run 15+ km a game to get to stoppages .

Not to mention you get belted every time you go for a mark (ask Sandi!) and 5 guys on your back if you go low for the ground ball. Umpires hardly call any frees against a smaller guy on a ruckman. All AFL rucks are bloody tough - even if they look relaxed on the field.

Sure, Zaarke is no world beater and is up and down a bit, but it's a bit rich to call a player who played half the 2014 Port final with broken ribs and a punctured lung a pea heart!

C'mon have a bit of respect.

/rant

So he is just shit then :(

Yup, i am one that call him pea heart to ask for three years contract . If he is asking for two and confident enough to show it the next two years contract will automatic put in front of him . Put pea heart aside He still show nothing in afl level post music festival to deserved three years contract.

But Grey and Deluca have.:rolleyes: Grey and Deluca if redrafted will prop up Peel. Clarke fills a need ,its not hard to recognise that. Your call for Grey and Deluca to be recalled as WAFL fodder and list cloggers imo is crazy.

:oops:
But Grey and Deluca have.:rolleyes: Grey and Deluca if redrafted will prop up Peel. Clarke fills a need ,its not hard to recognise that. Your call for Grey and Deluca to be recalled as WAFL fodder and list cloggers imo is crazy.
Cant believe you think grey and deluca is list cloggers as the most if they redrafted will be one years contract . List cloggers is those that signed long term afl contract but play for peel and in freo system more than 4 years.:oops::rolleyes:.

Eg salim is a list cloggers as training watchers as good he described mora and sean hurley in training they just can't make it.( Warning is an eg not real).

the last humble pie you ate regarding the year ballas AA taste good , you just want another one ;). Better stop now mod will be upset with this offtopic thingy

Last edited:
:oops:
Cant believe you think grey and deluca is list cloggers as the most if they redrafted will be one years contract . List cloggers is those that signed long term afl contract but play for peel and in freo system more than 4 years.:oops::rolleyes:.

Eg salim is a list cloggers as training watchers as good he described mora and sean hurley in training they just can't make it.( Warning is an eg not real)

List cloggers are players that won't make it . Grey has played a couple of Freo games in three years and Deluca nil. IMO they fit the term perfectly.
Better to grab a couple of rookies to replace them and hope they turn into some thing serviceable like DeBoer ,Sandi, Clancee.

List cloggers are players that won't make it . Grey has played a couple of Freo games in three years and Deluca nil. IMO they fit the term perfectly.
Better to grab a couple of rookies to replace them and hope they turn into some thing serviceable like DeBoer ,Sandi, Clancee.
If there is clear cut option , freo dont even bother to ask them to train with them pre season . Crowley , clancee all in that zone before. I think bulldog is very happy geelong let hamling go and get something from freo for him. If you are so good with your opinion for sure freo would had win a flag by now .is like doing the same thing over and over again and never get the result. One day you said deluca never make it another day you said he improve hope he stay on the list the next moment you said he never make it again. New recruit will just be the same with your kind of attitude toward certain players

Last edited:

There isnt a 20 or 21 year old in the league that are list cloggers, certainly not any that were taken as a 3rd or 4th rounder!

There isnt a 20 or 21 year old in the league that are list cloggers, certainly not any that were taken as a 3rd or 4th rounder!

Dont agree, the AFL is full of 20/21 year old cloggers. If they take up space and aren't going to make it they're are holding up drafting players who might. I've had plenty of slow horses that I should have got rid of as youngsters but kept around hoping that they might come good but they eventually send you broke. Cruel analogy I know but the top stables and clubs know when to cut their losses. Meima constantly attacks me for wanting to keep Clarke. At the minute he serves a purpose ,Grey and Deluca are behind a heap of better youngsters.

Dont agree, the AFL is full of 20/21 year old cloggers. If they take up space and aren't going to make it they're are holding up drafting players who might. I've had plenty of slow horses that I should have got rid of as youngsters but kept around hoping that they might come good but they eventually send you broke. Cruel analogy I know but the top stables and clubs know when to cut their losses. Meima constantly attacks me for wanting to keep Clarke. At the minute he serves a purpose ,Grey and Deluca are behind a heap of better youngsters.
Wow attack you , you yourself doubt clarke sometime ? You still not yet answer me why freo ask them to train with them if you claim the so call heap better players around? Why waste deluca and grey time if there is plenty option out there.

Last edited:
Wow attack you , you yourself doubt clarke sometime ? You still not yet answer me why freo ask them to train with them if you claim the so call heap better players around? Why waste deluca and grey time if there is plenty option out there.

Conversely if they were any good why did the club delist them? I dont think anybody thinks Clarke is AA material but he is not as you put it a pea heart and at the minute serves a purpose. The club agrees that he offers something and are resigning him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Conversely if they were any good why did the club delist them?
Freo is doing a big clean up.
Deluca and grey just happen to be in that groups where freo draw up a plan that
If in this draft players who plays in their position who is miles better at pick 35 and 40 they will not be redraft or re rookie. If the talents is equal or less , one or both will be rerookie with less money paid to them with short term contract.

I dont think anybody thinks Clarke is AA material but he is not as you put it a pea heart and at the minute serves a purpose. The club agrees that he offers something and are resigning him.
Clarke case is that with club in need to develop ruckmen he is in the position to look for a longer deal , i am in the camp of if you produce in the next two year extension to third year is not a problem (in this case there is * in the contract) . If Get over with this knee injury then talk about third year extension is not a problem at all . Constantly putting him to play for peel because of his knee will not help freo to develop youth ruckmen playing main ruck role for peel. ( Please dont compare this youth ruckmen potential with zac clarke if freo happen to go for two 18-22 years old ruck in the draft like you did to hannath or wafl level ruckme. even if that draftee happen to be english.

Last edited:
Calm down guys ,Salim your too old for this Sh*t .Meima cool down ,we have all posted statements about players that have come back to haunt us .I thought Sean was going to be great but his body let him and us down ,Silvagni impressed me with his finals games for Peel so OK Sh*t happens and we move on .
If Clarke and the Club agree that Clarke deserves a 3 year contract then so be it but I for one would insert a clause that it must be performance based ,that way if he is not reaching \maintaining the levels of performance required then they can part ways .
Jose Deluca has improved and with a full preseason he will improve further . He has not had an easy time of it at Freo with injuries and the Club under the current management now are not willing to wait years . Grey has slowly improved but the severe ankle injury towards the end of the season obviously has the Club worried and Nyhuis has now gone ahead of him so even though Grey spent a lot of time in the Peel coaches box and everyone loves him and his attitude he may well be gone as well .
RBT ,Lloyd and Bond have sent a very stern warning to all the players on our list and to those we have traded in or going to draft . Perform or you are out the door pure and simple .

If Clarke and the Club agree that Clarke deserves a 3 year contract then so be it but I for one would insert a clause that it must be performance based ,that way if he is not reaching \maintaining the levels of performance required then they can part ways .
Jose Deluca has improved and with a full preseason he will improve further . He has not had an easy time of it at Freo with injuries and the Club under the current management now are not willing to wait years . Grey has slowly improved but the severe ankle injury towards the end of the season obviously has the Club worried and Nyhuis has now gone ahead of him so even though Grey spent a lot of time in the Peel coaches box and everyone loves him and his attitude he may well be gone as well .
RBT ,Lloyd and Bond have sent a very stern warning to all the players on our list and to those we have traded in or going to draft . Perform or you are out the door pure and simple .
I agree with all this coulda , is pretty fair .Basically you had cover all i wanted to said i will rest in peace now , salim for once read coulda opinion with a open mind .

I agree with all this coulda , is pretty fair .Basically you had cover all i wanted to said i will rest in peace now , salim for once read coulda opinion with a open mind .

Nah Grey and Deluca are average and a long way back down the pecking order. If they are re listed I won't lose any sleep because they will be good value at Peel .;)

Nah Grey and Deluca are average and a long way back down the pecking order. If they are re listed I won't lose any sleep because they will be good value at Peel .;)
:rolleyes: if i were you ,worry about your clarke getting his knee right is the priority . Peel got my favourite private own ueber ,if grey and deluc not there.;) will be good to see balic having a few good 30+ possension for peel also with a good pre season.

Hopefully
Narkle
Liam baker
Will be the few new draftee make their way to peel.

Last edited:
I get the feeling some of you have never negotiated a contract. There is a stand off with Clarke, and it is one that I think he is more likely to win. The club doesn't appear to have too many irons in the fire. 2 year deal is Clarke's worst case scenario and the club's best. Yet it is the starting point from what I can see.

I get the feeling some of you have never negotiated a contract. There is a stand off with Clarke, and it is one that I think he is more likely to win. The club doesn't appear to have too many irons in the fire. 2 year deal is Clarke's worst case scenario and the club's best. Yet it is the starting point from what I can see.
I dont even want to discuss clarke anymore , expect the worse hope for the best from him .

:rolleyes: if i were you ,worry about your clarke getting his knee right is the priority . Peel got my favourite private own ueber ,if grey and deluc not there.;) will be good to see balic having a few good 30+ possension for peel also with a good pre season.

Hopefully
Narkle
Liam baker
Will be the few new draftee make their way to peel.

Uber and Nyhuis are the two I am looking forward to having a big Pre ,a solid start at Peel and pushing for an upgrade. Nyhuis is a little overlooked on here but imo has a big upside.

Uber and Nyhuis are the two I am looking forward to having a big Pre ,a solid start at Peel and pushing for an upgrade. Nyhuis is a little overlooked on here but imo has a big upside.
Nyhuis ( duffman v2.0 )and uebergang( mj v2) can always hope .

Depend whether they get rookie , deluca ( crowley v2,) , grey ( i still think he is mix between spurr and deboer maybe rookie list will turn him around like harrison mash from sydney(

It looks to me like there will be the opportunity to get a couple of BIGS in the Rookie List. Strnadica and Goddard perhaps. Then (assuming we don't get English) next year take a look at higher end tall forward/rucks with our first as there seems to be options.

Is Stanley in play? He seems inconsistent and can border on useless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back