2016 Non-Crows AFL Discussion - Cont. in Part 2 (link in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Since moving to Adelaide Oval we've had people through the gates from 3 less games.

Their average attendance has dropped off by 5,000, ours started at 48,000 and remains at 48,000.

They also have the 11 lowest Adelaide Oval attendances.

But yep they've overtaken us.

Time for a "Port fans, do you want your club to be more like Adelaide?" article? Rucci?

Reading this a few years on is good for a laugh...

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...k=c1fdcf6b55a5d916be9a9aec2b68e3f0-1465629486
"The team for more South Australians"

Is Hinkley capable of constructing a sentence with using a baseless cliche about not giving up or trying hard?

You'd think he would have taken the opportunity given to him by their embarrassing and humiliating capitulations earlier this year, and his consequent ridiculous reframing of "never give up means..err..umm..as a club.." to just ditch the whole cliche and be what he wants everyone to think he is - honest and transparent, and just say "We're working our way back into some form after some really poor efforts, were a work in progress but we're trying our best"

Nope. Instead he continues to make a laughing stock of himself and the club by repeating that ridiculous marketing slogan at every opportunity.

I'd swear it's part of his contractual KPI's that he has to say it at least five times in any ten minute presentation:rolleyes:

Against a top 4 team as well, while we turned up to watch the Saints. That was our lowest ever crowd there to. Still better.
What's worse is their season was on the line today & they only get 40k supporters.

There are no excuses rooch!

Soft supporter base.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be interesting to see a comparison between Butcher and Dixon

Butcher - 28 games, 3.1 marks/game, 1.3 goals/game, 1.0 contested marks/game, 1.5 marks inside 50/game, 0.3 goal assists/game
Dixon - 11 games, 4.5 marks/game, 2.4 goals/game, 2.0 contested marks/game, 2.3 marks inside 50 per game, 0.7 goal assist/game

So here's the key question: what does the extra $500k a year get Port?

1.4 marks a game
1.1 goals a game
1.0 contested marks a game
0.8 marks inside 50 a game
0.4 goal assists a game

That's it. For $500,000.

Butcher - 28 games, 3.1 marks/game, 1.3 goals/game, 1.0 contested marks/game, 1.5 marks inside 50/game, 0.3 goal assists/game
Dixon - 11 games, 4.5 marks/game, 2.4 goals/game, 2.0 contested marks/game, 2.3 marks inside 50 per game, 0.7 goal assist/game

1.4 marks a game
1.1 goals a game
0.4 goal assists a game

That's it. For $500,000.

I would be interested in the away record, must be even worse.

1.4 marks a game
1.1 goals a game
0.4 goal assists a game

That's it. For $500,000.
Well I'm convinced! Where do I sign?

And during the week Ken was ecstatic about how his team mates just love to play with him

That's good. Shame he doesn't make a difference to the result though

This time last year we were hearing what a good bloke Butcher was and how his team mates love being around him. Having about the same impact as good old Charlie is atm

F**k me! I can't stand the guy. As much as I don't like VB and 400kay, they are not campaigners. I can honestly say I think every player on our list seems like a decent bloke. I honestly admit I wasn't a fan of Danger in his last two years when he decided to go all out to be a comedian on TV, it was a bit cringeworthy.

Occasionally I see the back line work out at my gym and they seem down to earth decent blokes, that even help spot a bloke while benching. Though I don't think that bloke knew who they were.

1.4 marks a game
1.1 goals a game
0.4 goal assists a game

That's it. For $500,000.
Post that on the pear board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back