List Mgmt. 2016 Post Season Draft, Trading & Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mayne will go, he loves Freo and still well liked, just wants a change of scenery. I imagine if he comes west next season for his new club he'll get a Crowley level reception, rather than the one Judd got on return. That's the difference in clubs. Also, I truly hope Mayne continues his Starlight stuff, according to all reports he's genuinely amazing with the kids and health professionals.

Because judd leaving was commensurate with Crowley and maynes departures.

If, and I accept it's unlikely, what reception do you think Fyfe would get in 2018 if he left at the end of next year. That's a comparable situation and I doubt he'd get the polite applause Crowley did

I like the look of that side but if Johnno is fit he plays Rd.1. Collins would be unlucky, Sutcliffe serves a purpose but his form wasnt great this year. Our pick #3 should have a reserved spot on the pine! Top 5 this year will all be ready to play.

So, work with me here people. We couldn't attract Hooker, Lob or Hogan but we might be able to attract Black or Kersten? What if they tell us to GAGF? There is something seriously not right in the attracting department, Bondy will come out and say its all about sticking to our list management plan, what ******* plan? We go from making offers to good prospects and end up with Black or Kersten whilst getting rid of Mayne, Ballantyne and possibly Barlow? What the **** is between the ears of those nuffies. AND if they pull a fizzer with our pick 3 I will personally lynch the whole recruiting department.

It's funny how Hogan came out and said he didn't talk with Freo this year
https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/s...ed-fremantle-and-re-signed-with-demons/#page1
Hogan, who was already contracted for next season, said he did not meet Fremantle officials despite making regular visits to Perth throughout the year.

West Coast came out and said they were chasing Hogan.
http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2016-09-20/hogan-on-eagles-hit-list
"We've been in constant dialogue with his management over a long period of time. We've rated Jesse very highly from the time he was 16, 17," Vozzo said.

But Hogan also said if he came home he'd play for Freo
Hogan said he would have wanted to play for the Dockers, not West Coast, had he decided to request a trade back to Perth.

Yet despite all that, the story is that somehow Freo failed :huh:

Just as devils advocate here, Buddy was clearly struggling with that rolled ankle so Hamling's performance needs to be taken with a grain of salt

Ok forget Buddy.

Did you see him shut Kennedy down? Or at times play on and break even with Cyril?

Hamling I see as a very similar type to Alex Pearce. Unlikely to be behemoths, but gangly and close late, will rarely be beaten one on one.

Both not elite kicks. Hamling better contested grab, but Pearce much better on ground and thru traffic.

Huge if true. Hamling made some absolute mares early in the Prelim (handed them first two goals IIRC), but recovered to murder his opponent. That takes mettle.

Just as devils advocate here, Buddy was clearly struggling with that rolled ankle so Hamling's performance needs to be taken with a grain of salt

True but on the other hand he's a tall defender who won't take us years to develop. Good to go and has played well in a premiership side and finals series. Probably won't be too expensive either.

The attribute that I like about Hamling is his ability to help others out in a 'team defense' system. He's a good mark, not slow and really seems to be a very good fit for the style of defense that Lyon likes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

195 but skinny and quick

Yeah he would be a good dawson replacement once a pearce is good to go. HAMMA, MJ & AP would be a good mix in the best 22 next year. And AP, Collins and HAMMA in 2018. I reckon Dawson is pencilled in as gone at the end of next year and MJ is a wait and see.

Hamling should cost us a 3rd imo as yhe second is already gone and he was free for doggies last year.

Yeah he would be a good dawson replacement once a pearce is good to go. HAMMA, MJ & AP would be a good mix in the best 22 next year. And AP, Collins and HAMMA in 2018. I reckon Dawson is pencilled in as gone at the end of next year and MJ is a wait and see.

Hamling should cost us a 3rd imo as yhe second is already gone and he was free for doggies last year.

Isn't he (Hamling) uncontracted now?

Pretty gutted about Hammer going if true, really hoping he stays. I'm a big fan, have been since he was drafted.

But what are some things that you guys would consider parting with. Personally I don't think 40 is fair, we might not even use that.

Your first isn't in the convo - you'll need to manipulate that for McCarthy and something else. Mayne compo will be needed for Hill. What do you think you'll get for Ballas?

I wouldn't mind Collins coming back our way but doubt that happens. Any chance one of Tucker, Crozier, Langdon or Balic head home? Not saying any of those are worth more or less than Hammer but you can involve picks if needed.

Cheers guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back