List Mgmt. 2016 Trade and Free Agency Targets Part 1

Who do you hope we target?

• Daniel Rich - Brisbane Lions (Free Agent)

Votes: 21 7.5%
  • Jaeger O'Meara - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 112 40.1%
  • Dion Prestia - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 53 19.0%
  • Tom Lynch - Gold Coast Suns(Trade)

Votes: 24 8.6%
  • Ollie Wines - Port (Trade)

Votes: 55 19.7%
  • Other

Votes: 65 23.3%
  • Peter Wright - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 23 8.2%
  • Tom Rockliff

Votes: 15 5.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How reasonable are the following couple of trades:

We trade 2016 pick 6-8, 2017 1st for marchbank, Steele, 2016 pick 17 and a 2016 2nd rounder

We trade 2016 pick 17 and 2016 3rd rounder for crouch

We could use the 2nd rounder for Simpkin say

If there are no projects in the 4th and 5th we fancy we promote nok, Holmes or coughlan

We say goodbye to fisher, lee, shenton, Curren, Murdoch, rookie Delaney

Say goodbye to Saunders from rookie list

Right....

So we're willing to spend the earth on O'Meara who hasn't played for nearly 2 years due to one of the most serious injuries a player can have in our game, but we should be cautious with Crouch because his form is scratchy & his history of previous injury?

Crouch actually has some current form

I wouldn't think anybody would be willing to spend the earth on O'Meara if he doesn't show something extraordinary over next two months.
I was a huge Crouch fan as a 17yo but he's underwhelmed me at AFL level. His disposal has been average at best. Add in the serious injuries and question marks on his professionalism (even from his own club) and I really would be wary of trading for him.
Just my opinion.

Are we expecting free agents to come to us in the next couple of years? Should we be careful trading future first rounds without knowing if some big name players will move across to us?

Essencheat release weird statement about offering Hurley a long term deal...

Obviously trying to pressure him or starting the PR war because they're nervous he'll walk.

The plot continues to thicken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Would love Hurley. Completes our KPP. We then just need to focus on luring a gun mid from the 2017 crop of free agents which have a few gems.

Essencheat release weird statement about offering Hurley a long term deal...

Obviously trying to pressure him or starting the PR war because they're nervous he'll walk.

The plot continues to thicken.

The sooner Hurley announces he wants to fill a long life dream & become a Saint, the Bombers will play this via the HScum..

I wouldn't think anybody would be willing to spend the earth on O'Meara if he doesn't show something extraordinary over next two months.
I was a huge Crouch fan as a 17yo but he's underwhelmed me at AFL level. His disposal has been average at best. Add in the serious injuries and question marks on his professionalism (even from his own club) and I really would be wary of trading for him.
Just my opinion.
WOW thats amazing. Cos by my calculations Crouch wouldnt have even been born when you were 17. :eek::p

Just my opinion.

Everything you say may be true but doesn't that mean Crouch's draft value is relative to your assessment of him?

Fwiw I see Crouch as a value pick cos of what you said about him. He'll still cost a first round pick however given what I've seen of him & his obvious talent that's good value IMO. He's the type of player that wins the footy & takes the ball fwd with authority from stoppages. He's a bigger version of Jack Steven & exactly what we require, amongst other things.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are we expecting free agents to come to us in the next couple of years? Should we be careful trading future first rounds without knowing if some big name players will move across to us?
Well a FA will cost us nothing trade wise, but if we are to trade in a big recruit eg Shiel/Kelly than I think you are on the money as we'd have to give up something pretty special for one of those 2.

Swallow knees are stuffed I think, is Gaff still on the market ?

Swallow has had PCL issues which generally isn't as bad as ACL injuries. I'm not sure of the exact details though.

Someone mentioned Gaff isn't leaving. Might've been defacto.

Everything you say may be true but doesn't that mean Crouch's draft value is relative to your assessment of him?

Fwiw I see Crouch as a value pick cos of what you said about him. He'll still cost a first round pick however given what I've seen of him & his obvious talent that's good value IMO. He's the type of player that wind the footy & takes the ball fwd with authority from stoppages. He's a bigger version of Jack Steven & exactly what we require, amongst other things.

I would have Crouch at St Kilda only if:
1. We thought his attitude/professionalism was at the required level.
2. His injury issues were completely in the past.
3. The trade cost was acceptable for us (although Crows will rightfully expect a lot).

My whisper is rhat Hurley's manager is casting the net far and wide as all managers should btw.
Essendon are in the box seat but the timing of the announcement is curious.

Hurley is about to find out how dirty Essendon get when someone wants to leave the cult.

My whisper is rhat Hurley's manager is casting the net far and wide as all managers should btw.

Hurley is about to find out how dirty Essendon get when someone wants to leave the cult.
Oh come on Joff, its not like the druggies would even think about playing dirty through the media;)

But everything is fine at Tullamarine...?!

image.jpeg

Comrade Woosha told me so.

The more I think about it (the press release) the more it looks like an attempt to paint the club as the innocent party.

All their talk up until now has been Xavier Campbell stating that if any players want out after what has happened then the club will understand.

Things will get very nasty if the bloke who is probably their #2 most important player to re-sign (behind Heppell) decides to break his contract. Robbo & Watson will be frothing with cries of disloyalty.

Hurley is currently in Europe so it will be interesting to see how this develops when he gets home.

Get Hurley for free. We owe the druggie campaigners one for all the shit they put us thru last trade period.
Well if he did go down that path, I think this thread will get to a 1000 pages easily.

It will be melt and counter melt city.

Anyone know if Hurley has a snapchat account?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back