List Mgmt. 2016 Trade and Free Agency Targets Part 1

Who do you hope we target?

• Daniel Rich - Brisbane Lions (Free Agent)

Votes: 21 7.5%
  • Jaeger O'Meara - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 112 40.1%
  • Dion Prestia - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 53 19.0%
  • Tom Lynch - Gold Coast Suns(Trade)

Votes: 24 8.6%
  • Ollie Wines - Port (Trade)

Votes: 55 19.7%
  • Other

Votes: 65 23.3%
  • Peter Wright - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 23 8.2%
  • Tom Rockliff

Votes: 15 5.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruce, 197cm, is set to come out of contract at the end of this season, but opened talks with St Kilda on a new deal late last year.

The parties were a fair way apart in their initial talks, but AFL.com.au understands they have made encouraging progress recently.

Opposition clubs expect that Bruce will remain with the Saints beyond 2016, however with key forwards in such short supply across the AFL it might still be some time before a contract extension is finalised.

very interesting. get it done saints.

I don't even get that post. Lee played as the third tall in his first year and part of the second. No idea what ego has to do with anything. And who said the club weren't interested in Lee?

He's not a bust yet, he's still on the list and his body seems to be holding up finally. He's a good fella Tom, I find it weird you said other players think he has attitude problems, he seems like a really positive person and liked by the other young guys, he said if he gets another go he's going to try to grab it with two hands and admits if he'd known how hard it was to get chances at senior footy he would have gone harder. I hope he at least gets a chance again.

are they close to an outcome?
if i could best describe the situation, i would say its very similar to Jimmy butler and the Chicago Bulls 12 months ago. there is a fair offer from the club, but Brucey is backing himself to go up another level with his footy and add a few $$$ to that contract

Josh Bruce will re-sign. Straight from the horses mouth

I saw him at the jumper presentation and he's back shaking hands with the kids and adults too. He's looking like he's ready to back up 2015 judging by his nab form.

if i could best describe the situation, i would say its very similar to Jimmy butler and the Chicago Bulls 12 months ago. there is a fair offer from the club, but Brucey is backing himself to go up another level with his footy and add a few $$$ to that contract

We should sign him to a contract now with incentive based increase like if you kick x amount of goals you get an extra 50,000 and for every 10+ goals above that another 10,000? Or is that not allowed

We should sign him to a contract now with incentive based increase like if you kick x amount of goals you get an extra 50,000 and for every 10+ goals above that another 10,000? Or is that not allowed
The club may be a bit "once bitten, twice shy" about that. That's what got us into trouble in 2011 onwards.

That's a win-win for mine. If he kicks more than 50, I have no problem with him getting more cash in his new deal.

Mr-Ed-Gives-Advice.jpg
:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Loved that series as a kid!!

that is great news!!! sounds like there is no risk of him leaving, he just wants to have a shot at maximising his contract value and if he shows he's worth more then the club will pay him more

sounds fair for both parties

you can do that, hell if he performs better than expected the club could just increase his contract

personally i think the approach stavro#4 outlined sounds fair by everyone involved. atleast we as a club get to see what he can do this year and how he backs it up. removes the risk and pressure out of the equation for both parties

On the subject of lachie whitfield, if he decides to come back to victoria, surely er are in the box seat in terms of what we can offer $$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

that is great news!!! sounds like there is no risk of him leaving, he just wants to have a shot at maximising his contract value and if he shows he's worth more then the club will pay him more

sounds fair for both parties
look, if some club was stupid enough to offer him 1.5 mill a year then i think he(anyone would) leave.
unless Bruce and the club fall out then i dont think we will have an issue.

That's a win-win for mine. If he kicks more than 50, I have no problem with him getting more cash in his new deal.
Exactly, and credit where credit is due... Bruce could have taken a nice contract now and not have to stress about the year ahead. But he is backing himself and likewise the club is backing him. He will be the man up forward from now....atleast until Paddy is ready

On the subject of lachie whitfield, if he decides to come back to victoria, surely er are in the box seat in terms of what we can offer $$
He isn't in our top 2 from what i have heard, However i will say this about our Free agency/trade targets. IF free agency was tomorrow, i would be confident(80%) that Hurley would be a saint.

He isn't in our top 2 from what i have heard, However i will say this about our Free agency/trade targets. IF free agency was tomorrow, i would be confident(80%) that Hurley would be a saint.
Getting Hurley basically replaces one of Fisher or Dempster entirely with zero cost to our drafting ability.

For what Essendon put us through I hope we force them through a FINE WIRE MESH.

Getting Hurley basically replaces one of Fisher or Dempster entirely with zero cost to our drafting ability.

For what Essendon put us through I hope we force them through a FINE WIRE MESH.

Hurley, Carlisle, Goddard, Bruce, McCartin with Roo still playing this year and next. I think Lee has to stay on as backup while Coughlan is the project and a good one. I also think that means Delaney would be delisted at years' end.

It also IMO finalises our talls and allows us to concentrate on getting those 2 or 3 a grade quality mids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back