List Mgmt. 2016 Trade and Free Agency Targets Part 1

Who do you hope we target?

• Daniel Rich - Brisbane Lions (Free Agent)

Votes: 21 7.5%
  • Jaeger O'Meara - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 112 40.1%
  • Dion Prestia - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 53 19.0%
  • Tom Lynch - Gold Coast Suns(Trade)

Votes: 24 8.6%
  • Ollie Wines - Port (Trade)

Votes: 55 19.7%
  • Other

Votes: 65 23.3%
  • Peter Wright - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 23 8.2%
  • Tom Rockliff

Votes: 15 5.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
God I'd LOVE Heppell. A 189cm/90kg midfielder with major leadership qualities, who's averaged nearly 25 touches in his 106 AFL games and is still only 23? Yes please..

Sounds like a ripper bloke as well, one of my favorite players from an opposition club. I've never thought that he would jump from the sinking ship as he seems to be very loyal to Essendon, but these comments are pretty strong so you never know.

Do any of the ITK guys know anything about him considering leaving or how much interest we'd have? We need A grade mids, and he's one.

I say we take both Heppell and Hurley and maybe even Hooker that way if we have to go down the trade route we simply will only have so many picks we can trade:D

If only and then we have Carlisle as well, could imagine at least one player being a tad upset. :p

image.jpg :eek:

I say we take both Heppell and Hurley and maybe even Hooker that way if we have to go down the trade route we simply will only have so many picks we can trade:D

How about just getting one first. Lets face it we still aren't a destination club unless we again improve this year. Still say bugger all will leave. Loyalty nearly always wins out. We certainly wouldn't want both Hooker and Hurley anyway.

How about just getting one first. Lets face it we still aren't a destination club unless we again improve this year. Still say bugger all will leave. Loyalty nearly always wins out. We certainly wouldn't want both Hooker and Hurley anyway.
In normal circumstances yes loyalty wins out. But these are extraordinary circumstances.

Heppell sounded shattered by what Essendon has done and rhen they watch the club try and financially cripple one of the players who wanted to know what in hell he was injected with.
Not much loyalty shown by the club to these young men.

4 Corners was nothing new, but it was appalling and damning. Then the club attacks one of the victims.

What will the other players feel about the club trying to destroy Hal Hunter? Especially when they are up for legal action.

Am I the only one who doesn't want heppel? He'd cost mega bux and I don't think his elite at all. Imo very overrated!
Probably.

The kids an absolute out and out star.

If we were to snaffle Hurley, it would be fascinating to compare the long term success of a team like ours with a plethora of talls vs a team like the Dogs with a plethora of mids.

I would be absolutely gobbsmacked if there is one skerrick of truth in Richo only picking "shaved" and "clean cut" players.
Im calling bullshit on that rumour.
If any one needed a beard it was Pelchan to cover up that sour face! That bloke always looked like he had been sucking on lemons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

(Cue the mariachi music)

Why don't we get both ?

Why would we want both first of all? Secondly if Hooper leaves surely its to Perth. I expect Hurley to stay for some unknown reason. If he leaves we probably have about a 10 to 15% chance of getting him. Better than none. If I could choose any Bomber player Heppell would be the one I would be chasing.

I know I'm stating the obvious, but I would absolutely LOVE Hurley at the Saints!!
I've said it a few times now, but in the (admittedly unlikely) event that we snagged him, it gives us such an amazing flexibility in our key positions that it's insanely enticing, notwithstanding our need for key mids.

If we got him as a DFA it means we can concentrate entirely on the middle for the next few drafts as we'd have this line up of talls (excluding Riewoldt, Dempster and Fisher due to age, but acknowledging they may still be around);

KPF: Bruce, McCartin.
Other tall fwds: Membrey, Hickey.

KPD: Carlisle, Coughlan, Delaney.
Other tall defs: Roberton.

KPP 'swingmen': Hurley, Goddard, Lee.

Picking the likely lineup, IMO you're looking at:

BP: Goddard
FB: Hurley
CHB: Carlisle
CHF: McCartin
FF: Bruce

And that is an excellent excellent spine if potential is reached or even neared.

Add some gun mids to that and we're laughing.

Last edited:
I've said it a few times now, but in the (admittedly unlikely) event that we snagged him, it gives us such an amazing flexibility in our key positions that it's insanely enticing, notwithstanding our need for key mids.

If we got him as a DFA it means we can concentrate entirely on the middle for the next few drafts as we'd have this line up of talls (excluding Riewoldt, Dempster and Fisher due to age, but acknowledging they may still be around);

KPF: Bruce, McCartin.
Other tall fwds: Membrey, Hickey.

KPD: Carlisle, Coughlan, Delaney.
Other tall defs: Roberton.

KPP 'swingmen': Hurley, Goddard.

Picking the likely lineup, IMO you're looking at:

BP: Goddard
FB: Hurley
CHB: Carlisle
CHF: McCartin
FF: Bruce

And that is an excellent excellent spine if potential is reached or even neared.

Add some gun mids to that and we're laughing.
Yeowwssaaaa! That's one hell of a spine!!:D If we stay within a sniff of getting Hurley at the end of the year the trade and draft thread is going to be monstrous!! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back