List Mgmt. 2016 Trade and Free Agency Targets Part 1

Who do you hope we target?

• Daniel Rich - Brisbane Lions (Free Agent)

Votes: 21 7.5%
  • Jaeger O'Meara - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 112 40.1%
  • Dion Prestia - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 53 19.0%
  • Tom Lynch - Gold Coast Suns(Trade)

Votes: 24 8.6%
  • Ollie Wines - Port (Trade)

Votes: 55 19.7%
  • Other

Votes: 65 23.3%
  • Peter Wright - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 23 8.2%
  • Tom Rockliff

Votes: 15 5.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is very happy in Freo. Straight from Mavs girlfriend. Said it before the trading period but still others said we may get him.
I understand that, but we all understand how Ross works.
If the trend continues and Lachie can't string together regular senior games (admittedly highly unlikely) then he'll look elsewhere.

Like I said the possibility is slim.

"I feel let down by the footy club."
I'd shudder at that if someone of Heppell's ilk said that about my club.
#AFL360

And he's being touted as the next captain...wonder how that's going to go? Not sure he'll even be there.

It will be interesting to see how many of the suspended players actually stay at the club. It could get ugly.....

On the flip side would love Hurley!!

I imagine there'll be a level of hatred for the club but also care for teammates. I think it'll be one in all in. It's not unimaginable that the banned players make a pact & up & leave. Real ugly.

And he's being touted as the next captain...wonder how that's going to go? Not sure he'll even be there.

A couple of months back I was party to a Group PM and it was mentioned by someone who would have an idea that Heppell was probably the one who was most likely to stay.

Sounds like he has changed his tune as the reality of what the EFC has den to him, his career, and reputation.

If I had a choice of Heppell or Hurley, I would chose Heppell.

however if he wants to go down the trade path as has been mooted, I wouldn't touch him with the a barge pole.

Would not give Dildoro the steam of my shit after the unprofessional way he operated last trade period.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"But Lyon said it was unlikely any others had done enough, suggesting that youngsters such as Alex Pearce, Lachie Weller, Connor Blakely and Ed Langdon would have to string together some good form at WAFL level to force their way into the team."

seriously harsh on lachie. unbelievable. shaking my head. what a joke!

just typical

A couple of months back I was party to a Group PM and it was mentioned by someone who would have an idea that Heppell was probably the one who was most likely to stay.

Sounds like he has changed his tune as the reality of what the EFC has den to him, his career, and reputation.

If I had a choice of Heppell or Hurley, I would chose Heppell.

however if he wants to go down the trade path as has been mooted, I wouldn't touch him with the a barge pole.

Would not give Dildoro the steam of my shit after the unprofessional way he operated last trade period.
I say we take both Heppell and Hurley and maybe even Hooker that way if we have to go down the trade route we simply will only have so many picks we can trade:D

"Heppell, who supported the Bombers as a child and had "idolised" Hird while growing up, said that getting drafted by Essendon was "like a dream"."
- Wikipedia

A dream turned nightmare it would seem.

I imagine there'll be a level of hatred for the club but also care for teammates. I think it'll be one in all in. It's not unimaginable that the banned players make a pact & up & leave. Real ugly.

Such extraordinary circumstances too.....it will be an uncomfortable yet fascinating subtext during the 2016 season.

Yeah great player but there's something grubby about getting more of that clubs players in that really irks me.
For a player of Heppells calibre, he can be as grubby as he likes.

Imagine 2017 midfield;

Steven, Heppell, Armitage, Gresham, Freeman, Dunstan, Ross, Billings.

So balanced, could see that driving the team to finals.

For a player of Heppells calibre, he can be as grubby as he likes.

Imagine 2017 midfield;

Steven, Heppell, Armitage, Gresham, Freeman, Dunstan, Ross, Billings.

So balanced, could see that driving the team to finals.
Acres? Newnes? Roberton? Savage? Lonie? Sinclair? Weller? McKenzie? Templeton? White? Rice? Webster?

Plenty of options.

I think you'd start with;

HB: Roberton - XXXX - Savage
RK: XXXX - Armitage - Ross
CR: Freeman - Heppell - Steven
HF: Billings - XXXX - Gresham
FF: Lonie - XXXX - Weller
IC: Dunstan Sinclair Newnes Acres

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad