List Mgmt. 2016 Trade and Free Agency Targets Part 1

Who do you hope we target?

• Daniel Rich - Brisbane Lions (Free Agent)

Votes: 21 7.5%
  • Jaeger O'Meara - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 112 40.1%
  • Dion Prestia - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 53 19.0%
  • Tom Lynch - Gold Coast Suns(Trade)

Votes: 24 8.6%
  • Ollie Wines - Port (Trade)

Votes: 55 19.7%
  • Other

Votes: 65 23.3%
  • Peter Wright - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 23 8.2%
  • Tom Rockliff

Votes: 15 5.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just suggesting that if as Plugger says he's not in our planning because he's a bit of an off field flog then we have idiots in charge. I find that extremely self defeating to not play guys with beards or egoism. If they had held Bruce back we wouldn't have a 50 goal forward as you suggest. It seems Bruce has a different set of rules that others are held to. So I'm not sure how that works.
I guess the different set of rules also applies to Gilbert, Montagna, Savage, Weller, Steven, Dunstan, Roberton, Fisher... In fact its probably less to do with them having a different set of rules and more about you talking shit about what 'I was told by a couple of players'

I guess the different set of rules also aplies to Gilbert, Montagna, Savage, Weller, Steven, Dunstan... In fact its probably less to do with them having a different set of rules and more about you talking shit about what 'I was told by a couple of players'

Don't get upset dude. I criticised the club, don't take it personally. I was being facetious anyway. Plugger says Lee is a dickhead and suggesting that's why he doesn't get games I'm pretty sure with him his timing has been a bit unlucky. It seems like Richo doesn't like beards but it doesn't seem to stop him selecting some players if their form is good enough.

I may be wrong but I think Plugger's ego comment is in relation to Pelchen and not Lee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Okay, that's possibly a bit different. Pelchen probably does have a strong ego but what he did do was to develop a very cohesive plan with markers to show progress along the way. He was no messiah but he was a valuable contributor to the planning and implementation of the rebuild.

I'm just suggesting that if as Plugger says he's not in our planning because he's a bit of an off field flog then we have idiots in charge. I find that extremely self defeating to not play guys with beards or egoism. If they had held Bruce back we wouldn't have a 50 goal forward as you suggest. It seems Bruce has a different set of rules that others are held to. So I'm not sure how that works.
I even question that dispersion on Lee's character, frankly. When I met him, he was utterly charming. In lots of vox pop style videos by the club, he's been the interviewer, clearly relying on his obvious rapport with the other players.

We must have some serious ******* idiots running our club if they find Tom Lees ego a reason for not playing him. Imagine if Nathan Buckley or Carey had been held back for ego reasons. I met Ablett senior and you would be hard pressed to find a bigger **** wit in existence but I'm glad that his ego didn't stop Geelong playing him. Apparently our coach doesn't like guys with individualist traits. I was told by a couple players they need to shave and be clean cut to get games....it's a worry we don't pick on form.

Lee has an ego? Who said that? I wouldn't have a clue. Never met him or spoke to him and no one I trust has ever said it. What do those other players have to do with lee?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I even question that dispersion on Lee's character, frankly. When I met him, he was utterly charming. In lots of vox pop style videos by the club, he's been the interviewer, clearly relying on his obvious rapport with the other players.
Can confirm that Lee is held in high regard by most of his team mates. He is well liked and is recognised as having had a tough time with shoulder injuries in particular which held him back.

Lee has an ego? Who said that? I wouldn't have a clue. Never met him or spoke to him and no one I trust has ever said it. What do those other players have to do with lee?
No you didn't say he didn't have failures but every player brought into the system has talent but that doesn't mean they cant be failures and he had a fair few. Talent doesn't make him a good recruiter. Justin Sweeney had more talent than half on the list when he played but was it a good pick? No it was a shocking pick. And I know that wasn't Pelchen who took him, just an example. I'm guessing you and me could pick a player with talent without seeing one game of footy. Such a generic word is talent. Not a reason to rate or not rate Lee. And his ego annoyed the crap out of me and I can assure you many others at the club. And I admit I'm biased but I still base it on some facts. As I said I think Lee will play this game because this side does have 3 genuine tall forwards and Goddard doesn't seem yet but not as many sides have 3 talls in todays footy so there isn't the need for 3 tall defenders.
It appears you did, although it may just be poor communication skills rather than being completely wrong

It appears you did, although it may just be poor communication skills rather than being completely wrong

Well its poor communication. I have no idea about Lee but I do know about Pelchen so if you want me to be wrong I'm wrong. I know who I meant and that's all I care about. If its important for others to say I'm wrong then fine. If anything Ive only heard positives about Lee as a person.

I would be absolutely gobbsmacked if there is one skerrick of truth in Richo only picking "shaved" and "clean cut" players.
Im calling bullshit on that rumour.

Well he certainly played Shenton a while back when he was sporting his " Wild man of Borneo" look and I'm pretty sure Fish and Brucey had beards most of last season.

Well its poor communication. I have no idea about Lee but I do know about Pelchen so if you want me to be wrong I'm wrong. I know who I meant and that's all I care about. If its important for others to say I'm wrong then fine. If anything Ive only heard positives about Lee as a person.
I don't want you to be wrong. That's silly.
I expect that you do know who you meant, and (for the record) I did too.
I just wanted you to know that it was not unreasonable to make a mistake in interpreting who you meant.
Thanks for clarifying on Lee - I'd hate for a miscommunication to create the impression that a player has a negative trait when it was undeserved.

Difference is there are 18 players on the field compared to 11. Each individual player in soccer plays a comparatively bigger role in their teams success. And Melbourne City wouldn't be where they are without Aaron Mooy and to a lesser extent Thomas Sorensen, Patrick Kisnorbo and Harry Novillo.

City's success this season is far from a one man show and it's even less so in footy.
Go Melbourne Heart!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would be absolutely gobbsmacked if there is one skerrick of truth in Richo only picking "shaved" and "clean cut" players.

if that was the case, webster wouldnt get a game

Two different players have said it one in jest at the jumper launch last week. He literally said he'd better get the razor out if he wants a game Richo hates the beards. The other player last year said beard and long hair. I'm not sure if it's an in joke thing neither seemed to be too stressed by it and made light hearted comments on it.

lachie weller is all class. saw him slot two lovely goals from outside/around 50 today

alex pearce still has a way to go, got beaten in the goal square one on one and then didnt follow up quick enough to stop the match winning goal. but he will be an amazing KPD absolutely massive unit

tanner smith is a ******. cross him off the list.

hannath and clarke did sweet **** all for how much height advantage they had 10-15cm+

blakely is one i'd be watching (add him to the langdon list), although unlike langdon he's probably not going to leave WA

I reckon Blakely's real good. Not quick or flashy but just gets to the right positions and keeps finding the footy.

Look at Bob when he came to the Saints. Look at him last week.

The Prosecution rests.
LACzkbr.jpg

"Roberton! I thought I told you to trim those sideburns! Go home, you're off the team, for good!"

"But Lyon said it was unlikely any others had done enough, suggesting that youngsters such as Alex Pearce, Lachie Weller, Connor Blakely and Ed Langdon would have to string together some good form at WAFL level to force their way into the team."

seriously harsh on lachie. unbelievable. shaking my head. what a joke!

"But Lyon said it was unlikely any others had done enough, suggesting that youngsters such as Alex Pearce, Lachie Weller, Connor Blakely and Ed Langdon would have to string together some good form at WAFL level to force their way into the team."

seriously harsh on lachie. unbelievable. shaking my head. what a joke!
Works in our favor however slim the the possibility may be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back