List Mgmt. 2016 Trade and Free Agency Targets Part 1

Who do you hope we target?

• Daniel Rich - Brisbane Lions (Free Agent)

Votes: 21 7.5%
  • Jaeger O'Meara - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 112 40.1%
  • Dion Prestia - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 53 19.0%
  • Tom Lynch - Gold Coast Suns(Trade)

Votes: 24 8.6%
  • Ollie Wines - Port (Trade)

Votes: 55 19.7%
  • Other

Votes: 65 23.3%
  • Peter Wright - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 23 8.2%
  • Tom Rockliff

Votes: 15 5.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe...

What in your opinion does our list lack?

I don't think your list is lacking, it's fairly even across the board. Perhaps one weakness is a kfp to help/replace Cloke. Moore might be your man. I think the list needs time to develop & keep adding quality through the trade & draft. 10 wins last year, I see this year similar or slightly less.

Trade scenario:

Recieve: hoskin-elliot, GWS 2nd round pick

Lose: 1st round pick, 3rd round pick?

Doesn't really get us that star is the only thing. But gives us the type of midfielder we need plus gets us back into the 2nd round of the draft next year

Don't think WHE is going anywhere. Signed a 2yr extension last year on the back of his Sydney-based girlfriend having him seriously under the thumb.

I'd be happy to trade 2017 1st round pick for Whitfield this year, then reassess our list at the end of the 2017 season to maybe trade away someone to get back into the 1st round

Trade scenario:

Doesn't really get us that star is the only thing. But gives us the type of midfielder we need plus gets us back into the 2nd round of the draft next year
WHE is very ordinary, wouldn't even consider offering a first round pick for him.

Saints need raw pace if they are going to stay at etihad.
A stephen hill pure pace type

We are hoping Freeman fills that need

Unfortunately we have a number of holes hopefully we fill them over the next year or two. Carlisle will certainly help.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trade scenario:

No

Go after a gun

You get Carlisle and HGoddard as def

Bruce and Paddy mcc as fwds

Get best big mid possible

Most sides don't have 2 power fwds and 2 power defenders.
Hawks dont
Swans dont
West Coast dont
Pies dont
Cats Do

Imho you have the ends just chase pure class in your mids. Your so called average mids and flankers will look 100 times better when surrounded by class

Last edited:
interesting to hear jake kellys name come up again in fineys new footy show
If that's right, and not Josh Kelly I can give you one solid reason why it might be legit...

Scotch College Class of 2013: Jack Billings, Jack Sinclair... Jake Kelly.

We've recruited White/Rice, Gresham/O'Kearney, Goddard/McCartin/Lonie, and Billings/Sinclair; I think they've drafted mates too often now for it to be coincidental and NOT a specific puzzle piece of the overall plan.

Maybe the idea is they're more likely to gel together as a team?
Who's Jake Kelly?
Son of Craig. Former Adelaide rookie; 189cm 88kg.

Good honest, disciplined 3rd tall defender. Nicknamed 'the Raging Bull'; allegedly had to be told to tone it down at training!

Athletic without being particularly quick, and a good intercept mark, but kicking can be a little iffy (although it's vastly improved).

Incidentally, Craig is a former 8 year teammate of Richo... ;)

Last edited:
Another half back?
I assume that's directed at me?

Yep; probably a more like-for-like Dempster replacement than anyone we've got at the moment.

White's more of an offensive weapon first, as are Webster and Roberton.

Can't say I'm desperate to get it done, but I can see the idea behind it (assuming the mails right).

If that's right, and not Josh Kelly I can give you one solid reason why it might be legit...

Scotch College Class of 2013: Jack Billings, Jack Sinclair... Jake Kelly.

We've recruited White/Rice, Gresham/O'Kearney, Goddard/McCartin/Lonie, and Billings/Sinclair; I think they've drafted mates too often now for it to be coincidental and NOT a specific puzzle piece of the overall plan.

Maybe the idea is they're more likely to gel together as a team?

Son of Craig. Former Adelaide rookie; 189cm 88kg.

Good honest, disciplined 3rd tall defender. Nicknamed 'the Raging Bull'; allegedly had to be told to tone it down at training!

Athletic without being particularly quick, and a good intercept mark, but kicking can be a little iffy (although it's vastly improved).

Incidentally, Craig is a former 8 year teammate of Richo... ;)
Meant josh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back