List Mgmt. 2016 Trade and Free Agency Targets Part 1

Who do you hope we target?

• Daniel Rich - Brisbane Lions (Free Agent)

Votes: 21 7.5%
  • Jaeger O'Meara - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 112 40.1%
  • Dion Prestia - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 53 19.0%
  • Tom Lynch - Gold Coast Suns(Trade)

Votes: 24 8.6%
  • Ollie Wines - Port (Trade)

Votes: 55 19.7%
  • Other

Votes: 65 23.3%
  • Peter Wright - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 23 8.2%
  • Tom Rockliff

Votes: 15 5.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard on one of the shows that Melbourne and Tigers are into Prestia and Hawks into JOM, not that means much
I can't see why Melbourne would want Prestia though, Tigers maybe but who the **** would want to go there?

Hawthorn can have O'Meara. No doubt if he goes their though he'll end up 7 times AA and a dual brownlow medalist and we'll be crying into our beer but oh well.

I can't see why Melbourne would want Prestia though, Tigers maybe but who the **** would want to go there?

Hawthorn can have O'Meara. No doubt if he goes their though he'll end up 7 times AA and a dual brownlow medalist and we'll be crying into our beer but oh well.
Because you can never have to many good players, would love him at the Saints

Fyfe is a free agent...
Hi all,
First time poster (on anything). I would like to hear any thoughts on the fact that Ross Lyin has brought up the comment about Nat Fyfe potentially leaving knowing that he (Lyin) still has internal contacts with our club. Could we possibly be making overtures?

If this draft is so even we could trade our 1st and 3rd round picks for GWS picks 16 & 17 overall. It according to the draft value index would be a fair trade with the points exchange being very close. Naturally if there are standouts that could make it to us , we don't do it , but with Gresham impressing more week by week we shouldn't fear it either. Seattle Seahawks traded back in the draft repeatedly to build their Super Bowl winning squad

Hi all,
First time poster (on anything). I would like to hear any thoughts on the fact that Ross Lyin has brought up the comment about Nat Fyfe potentially leaving knowing that he (Lyin) still has internal contacts with our club. Could we possibly be making overtures?

not sure buddy, i think every club would be to be honest. here's whats been happening at freo:
I think its just a reaction to whats been happening. Freo forecast playing finals this year, they thought theyd drop off the pace slightly but would bring some big names in, in the upcoming offseason and then bounce back and have a flag by 2018. After they lost the first 4 it became apparent to everyone the drop off was bigger than they had anticipated so the board brought in ben allen out of retirement to chair a review of their list management strategy. Theres been a fair bit of tension around this. They have just finalised it with the board, i would say ross is just voicing one of the concerns with the realignment of their list strategy.

They think its a 3 year rebuild which is a joke. Its going to take a minimum of 5 years. Finals in 2021 at the earliest IMO

Nat fyfe will be 25 at the end of this year. Dockers think they need 3 drafts. Meaning he will be 27 at their last draft. Giving them 2 seasons until the 2020 ross lyon deadline/promise to members

I cant see them doing it in that time when they basically need to completely rebuild their KPP stocks and when they have not been able to attract big name recruits (any recruit outside of free agency would require them giving up picks or players, thereby taking returning them to the same position anyways):
B Tucker FB Collins
HB HBF Pearce HBF
C Hill Fyfe Weller
HF Bennell CHF HF
F Walters FF RRF
R RUCK Blakely Neale
INTERCHANGE

I'm not convinced apeness or tabenar will make it. Collins reminds me a bit of delaney. Thats 12 positions they need to fill in 3 drafts. Cant see it happening given every club has a failure rate.

So if its a 5 year rebuild minimum before they work to finals. Fyfe will be 29/30. He misses the boat IMO

If i was his manager id be telling him that and be finding him a club that can deliver him a chance at a flag whilst also giving him the biggest contract the game has seen

If this draft is so even we could trade our 1st and 3rd round picks for GWS picks 16 & 17 overall. It according to the draft value index would be a fair trade with the points exchange being very close. Naturally if there are standouts that could make it to us , we don't do it , but with Gresham impressing more week by week we shouldn't fear it either. Seattle Seahawks traded back in the draft repeatedly to build their Super Bowl winning squad

i was thinking this too but i think one of the issues they will face if they trade too far up the draft order is if that pick hits without an academy player being bid on. it essentially means they're taking that player there without the discount or they are taking on another player and losing that pick for the academy player

in the end i think it all comes down to where people predict the academy players going

personally i think its more likely they trade down than up to take full advantage of the discount and accumulation of points

That's correct, but they have 4 or 5 very good young inside mids already.

How would you feel if the club gave up our first round pick for a ruckman or another key forward?
Maybe they are just trying to grab the best players when they are available, heard a few times the Dees were front runners

i was thinking this too but i think one of the issues they will face if they trade too far up the draft order is if that pick hits without an academy player being bid on. it essentially means they're taking that player there without the discount or they are taking on another player and losing that pick for the academy player

in the end i think it all comes down to where people predict the academy players going

personally i think its more likely they trade down than up to take full advantage of the discount and accumulation of points
Trade our 2017 1st & 2016 4th for their Collingwood pick?

Would currently give us picks 6 & 8...

Wouldn't be the worst idea going around, especially if we're keen on trading out something next year which could get us back into the 1st round

Wouldn't be the worst idea going around, especially if we're keen on trading out something next year which could get us back into the 1st round
Pies traded their 2016 first round pick to GWS for Treloar

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not the worst idea I've read. Nice work. as much as I would love one of these big names to come across, I really want to see a top end kid come into the club.

Rors,

With all due respect. At what time do we pull the trigger? We have an abundance of money in our cap and will have for at least the next two years (based on Roo & Joey signing on) being on the seniors list. Not to mention that we're struggling to pay 95% thanks to the druggies with Carlisle.

Rors,

With all due respect. At what time do we pull the trigger? We have an abundance of money in our cap and will have for at least the next two years (based on Roo & Joey signing on) being on the seniors list. Not to mention that we're struggling to pay 95% thanks to the druggies with Carlisle.
We pull the trigger if someone wants to come to StKilda, otherwise we keep all other options open

Prestia has strong family ties to the Melbourne FC, through their Coterie Group. Has been keen on playing there his entire life.

Prestia has strong family ties to the Melbourne FC, through their Coterie Group. Has been keen on playing there his entire life.
Yes I've heard that several times. Sounds as though Melbourne aren't quite as keen though.

As I said, with their midfield I'd be very surprised if he ended up there. He'll want a pretty good contract and I think Melbourne have different needs.

We pull the trigger if someone wants to come to StKilda, otherwise we keep all other options open
Hi Rors,
Reality is WE must spend x amount of salary cap over a rolling period (not 100% sure). You are not allowed to keep banking money over x years. It must equalize over a period of time as I'm aware of. This being the case surely we have to spend either this year or the next

Billings has strong ties to Essendon. Dont know if it means much especially if the $$$ are right elsewhere
I don't disagree. If we didn't get Gresham, and didn't have Sinclair, Lonie, Minchington and Billings coming through I'd be pretty keen on us trying to land Prestia, but I like many others would prefer us to land a bigger bodied player.

Hi Rors,
Reality is WE must spend x amount of salary cap over a rolling period (not 100% sure). You are not allowed to keep banking money over x years. It must equalize over a period of time as I'm aware of. This being the case surely we have to spend either this year or the next
No need to address me mate, we're all good in here (and you quoted me so I know you're directing your post to me)

What you're saying is true, but it relies on us landing a big fish to spend the money you speak of. However, if no big fish want to come to us for whatever reason, we have to think of other options & will have to settle for front loading our existing player contracts.

Back to the original post though. Trading 2017 1st round pick & 2016 4th round pick for the GWS Collingwood pick would give us picks 6 & 8 this year - a team we want to land a big fish from may not want our 2017 1st rounder & want a 1st round pick this year is why I suggested this trade. We may even want to use a 1st round pick on the draft this year & land a big fish also.

This is just another one of many hypotheticals that result in the one thing we all want - making our list stronger & introducing elite talent

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back