List Mgmt. 2016 Trade/FA Thread 2.0: Ahern (pg168); Hrovat (pg252); Williams (pg270)

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair point, my trade is probably unreasonable. The main point I am trying to make is whether there is value in downgrading our 11 pick to either two later first rounders or a later first rounder (15 - 19) and an early second round pick (sub 25). Is there value in getting two high quality players at the expense of missing a potential gun mid with pick 11?

I think we should go the other way, trade up to the top 5. We need A grade midfield talent. We have enough B graders.

Rate rocky, would cost our first rounder but id consider it
Hanley I like also and has attributes we lack

You have got to be kidding. Big deal he racks up cheap 40 plus stats, yet never figures at the top of meters gained category. Dinky 25 meteres kicks where he receives the ball back for another dinky kick.

Just to make it clear, im not a fan.

You have got to be kidding. Big deal he racks up cheap 40 plus stats, yet never figures at the top of meters gained category. Dinky 25 meteres kicks where he receives the ball back for another dinky kick.

Kudos for not mentioning he's a knob.

There is a significant cost associated with advancing in the draft order.

Where as moving backwards allows us to charge a cost to those who want to advance.

Hmmm.. you thinking what I'm thinking?..

Nmfc:
OUT>>Pick 11
IN<<entire 6th round

So he can hit 25 meter target and work hard to follow up? Sign me up.

Yeah it costs to get quality in? We've had a team of B graders for the last five years. We need some superstars.

The thing is it costs quality to get quality.

This pool is generally considered one of the most even for many a year. If this is true it seems to me to be a less than ideal time to pay a premium to advance in the draft.

LIN JONG STAYS

Western Bulldogs midfielder Lin Jong has re-signed for two years, turning his back on rival offers to chase a premiership with the club that drafted him as a rookie in 2012.

Jong, who toured Collingwood's facilities mid-season, is now committed until the end of 2018.

He told the club's website he considered a number of factors before signing and "in the end it was quite obvious that the things I was looking for were right in front of me".

"I have the best chance of improving my football here, but also to play with this group of players, and under this group of coaches, is everything I could ask for," he said.

"I’m just so proud to be a Western Bulldogs player and look forward to playing a part in its growth into the future."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LIN JONG STAYS

Western Bulldogs midfielder Lin Jong has re-signed for two years, turning his back on rival offers to chase a premiership with the club that drafted him as a rookie in 2012.

Jong, who toured Collingwood's facilities mid-season, is now committed until the end of 2018.

He told the club's website he considered a number of factors before signing and "in the end it was quite obvious that the things I was looking for were right in front of me".

"I have the best chance of improving my football here, but also to play with this group of players, and under this group of coaches, is everything I could ask for," he said.

"I’m just so proud to be a Western Bulldogs player and look forward to playing a part in its growth into the future."

good on him, he showed real passion for the club after he got injured.

Word is Irish hopeful Mark O'Connor has visited Arden St.

As we have potentially more TPP space than virtually any other team cat b rookies are a place where we might be able to outspend other suitors.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/...-oconnor-to-try-out-for-afl-clubs-421128.html

Mark O'Connor (Dingle/Kerry Ireland)

Born: 17.1.97

Height: 189cm

Weight: 82kg

AFL bio: Medium forward-midfielder from Ireland who is one of the brightest prospects in the Gaelic football. Has an outstanding work rate, elite endurance and is composed with the football making great decisions. Strong overhead mark using his natural leap and clean hands in winning the ball. Played in four All-Ireland finals at school and under-18 level in last two years winning all four championships and best player in three of them.

The thing is it costs quality to get quality.

This pool is generally considered one of the most even for many a year. If this is true it seems to me to be a less than ideal time to pay a premium to advance in the draft.

Maybe, but that will depend on who the club has their eye on specifically. They might be desperate for one of the top five. Who knows.

As we have potentially more TPP space than virtually any other team cat b rookies are a place where we might be able to outspend other suitors.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/...-oconnor-to-try-out-for-afl-clubs-421128.html

AFL bio: Medium forward-midfielder from Ireland who is one of the brightest prospects in the Gaelic football. Has an outstanding work rate, elite endurance and is composed with the football making great decisions. Strong overhead mark using his natural leap and clean hands in winning the ball. Played in four All-Ireland finals at school and under-18 level in last two years winning all four championships and best player in three of them.

Born in 1997 ? Jeebus I'm old

What ever happened to that French bloke

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah makes sense and shows commitment to a rebuild rather than top up strategy...the issue will be how patient North fans will be!!

The good thing is that North fans don't get to manage the list, so it's irrelevant. This is also pleasing given some of the ridiculous suggestions being put forward.....

Maybe, but that will depend on who the club has their eye on specifically. They might be desperate for one of the top five. Who knows.

The problem is to get to that number 5 pick say would not only cost us 11 but a player like Cunners or zeib or wood.
No one is going to trade up based on the players we want to move out ala Bmac Hansen etc.
So we grab pick 5 and lose a good pick and a player for a "potential" gun, oh wait Loogie was pick 3 and was a guaranteed gun so was Wellsy, so much potential so little provided..

Excellent, but only after my bleary eyes cleared to realise the bolded above didn't read as "Mark O'Connor (Dingleberry Ireland)", which had me thinking "Great, another shit player just hanging around".

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2016 Trade/FA Thread 2.0: Ahern (pg168); Hrovat (pg252); Williams (pg270)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back