List Mgmt. 2016 Trade & Free Agency Discussion Thread [v. 1.0]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I'm not saying that we should do this, but if we were going to go for an experienced KPF to fill the gap between Petrie retiring and the time when McKay and/or Durdin are ready then it should be Travis Cloke.

He is the closest like-for-like we could get with Drew leaving and we wouldn't have to change our game plan.

Edit: Wait, wasn't 'T' one of the initials B Tron told us about?
"Ty"

I like Mayne which I have stated all year, pretty much the only free agent left worth targeting. Happy to be the driver of his bandwagon when he comes on board.

Nathan Brown the other that would fill a need for free.

Mayne as a free agent coupled with trading for O'Meara or Steele, Tom Mitchell, Marchbank etc is what I want this offseason

I like Mayne which I have stated all year, pretty much the only free agent left worth targeting. Happy to be the driver of his bandwagon when he comes on board.

Nathan Brown the other that would fill a need for free.

Mayne as a free agent coupled with trading for O'Meara or Steele, Tom Mitchell, Marchbank etc is what I want this offseason
So you like Mayne, but don't like LT, JMac, Cuuners, Gibbo, Swallow.... Did I miss anyone?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not Mayne vs Harvey. Couldn't be. Even if Mayne was recruited, it still will have nothing to do with the Harvey decision.

We are targeting one or two big guns I reckon. We want to add to blokes in Ziebell/Cunners age bracket or younger.

In some ways it is. We would be denying Boomer going on and allowing a mature age hack a list spot.

I haven't bought into the hysteria at all but the whole point of not renewing a champion who is still an elite player in an area we're deficient is supposed to be for providing more opportunity for a deserving kid.

Last check an undersized, older, undamaging and middling player from Fremantle didn't meet this brief.

Mayne is a crab. Just ask Freo supporters. He has been average for 18 months now. If his rumoured asking price of 450k is true then the club has gone all stupid.

he is an older player on the decline. You can't come out and say we need to refresh the list then pick up c-graders like this bloke.

I'd rather an older player who is consistent in Boomer still on the list.

this is what really shits me to death.... we all have a go at a bloke who hasnt even played for north yet (mayne) just as all these experts on big footy had a go North at drafting waite... then when he kicks goals in the finals and during the season everyone says he is the best trade we ever did. lets just wait and c if mayne is any good (if he comes to north) before we judge anyone. Maybe a new team with a new game plan is what he needs.

Steven Motop on the outer at Geelong ... Thoughts??

I think we dodged that bullet last season.

I also think if we are going to jump into a rebuild and a youth oriented side now we absolutely can not trade for somebody unless they are either under 23 or elite. Free agents I'm less fussed about.

I think we dodged that bullet last season.

I also think if we are going to jump into a rebuild and a youth oriented side now we absolutely can not trade for somebody unless they are either under 23 or elite. Free agents I'm less fussed about.
I agree , but if we are indeed looking at Mayne then I'd suggest it's not a total rebuild ... & we were keen last year then I suspect we will take another peak

Re watched the North Vs Freo game. They said Mayne has no left foot. Didn't see anything really that Mayne could bring. Alex Pearce is better a 200cm KPD.

I hate mindless trade speculation based on misguided extrapolations from ill-informed posters. BUT, here goes anyway:
Do you think Maj to GWS or Suns could get a good high pick or player in return?

Thinking is, he'd be a prominent, marketable and capable player that would create much needed positive exposure for those teams while still being a good ruck/ not as good forward option. He'd be huge for GWS in western Sydney for sure.

Fact is, he'll always be back up ruck to G at Nth and he's not a natural forward.

This might put us back a forward option. But I reckon we could get a higher value pick or trade relative to what he's worth to us as a player. Isn't that what trading is all about?

Thoughts?
(note: was posted in O'Meara thread - thought it was more relevant here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back