List Mgmt. 2016 Trade & Free Agency Discussion Thread [v. 1.0]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a fan of going into next season with Daw as our number 2 tall forward.
Id be promoting McKay. To be included for half the games.. though i think a more nimble fwd line of wood and brown would be quite exciting.. would require a change in fwd entry strategy.. big yr for the coaching staff and game plan shuffling.. the long bomb entry to 3 giants with no crumbers just.does.not.work

If a deal between GC and north can be done for swallow both parties will do it otherwise he is happy to play a final year on the GC... Could we be planning o'meara and swallow package!?
Heard the same thing twice in the last few weeks.
Next couple of years first rounders? Really can't see what else we could offer.

We are unable to trade both this and next years first rounders given we traded our first last year, aren't we?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

get both O'meara and Swallow. don't care what we give up, this would set our midfield up for the next 6 years. Both visiting our medical staff, David 'sticking up' for Jaeger in the meeting.. we're on here .
If both wanted to come as a 'package' deal they will want Goldy and our first rounder this year minimum

I would be doing this years first rounder, every chance the next 2 years we don't make finals. Players will be involved also.
If we get JOM and Swallow and get them fit we should expect to be better next year and beyond, not worse and missing finals.

Getting those two players in for what we would have to give up is an enormous risk, but the reward could define the club if it was to come off.

No troll mate, just massive rumors hes going to North, Tim Watson (probably wrong) saying it's as good as done so I thought I'd see if anyone here knows more info.

Don't know. I would guess $300-400k.
Reading BF, I know Freo supporters probably want him out. From your perspective what are Mayne's strengths and weaknesses? I probably only see him play a few times a year and on TV only.

Don't know. I would guess $300-400k.
Reading BF, I know Freo supporters probably want him out. From your perspective what are Mayne's strengths and weaknesses? I probably only see him play a few times a year and on TV only.
Most freo supporters are pretty keen to see the back of him I'll be honest. The positives of Mayne is that his pressure is elite, he locks the ball inside 50 and runs a lot of players down with tackles, when hes on song he can get a ridiculous amount of tackles and free kicks that leads to goals. Reasonably good hands, quicker than people actually think, just watch his run down tackles, got a footy brain, meaning he does a lot of one percenters that go unnoticed. Also, hes a bloody hard worker, will get to the next contest like his life depends on it. I rated him as one of the most underrated players back in 2012-2013, the bloke was the best shot on goal in the AFL. Unfortunately something changed, now he misses it from everywhere, hes gone from the best in the AFL (literally) to one of the worse. Hes not the type of player that will kick bags of goals like Waite, but rather the type that will set up goals with pressure and can kick the odd couple. Fremantle are obviously not playing well, so no forward is going to look impressive in our team, but I think a new environment is what he needs, if he can fix his kicking then you'll get yourself a handy player, if he can't then you'll be frustrated with him quickly, realistically his kicking for goal is holding him back and it seems to of taken it's toll on him mentally.

The continuous missed goals, especially the crucial ones......they're momentum killers in a way, it almost seems like the team isn't comfortable with the ball in his hands anymore.

Hopefully this video helps you guys see what I mean by his tackling and speed

Last edited:
The positives of Mayne is that his pressure is elite, he locks the ball inside 50 and runs a lot of players down with tackles, when hes on song he can get a ridiculous amount of tackles and free kicks that leads to goals.

Well, there you go....I think this is something Brad Scott places a huge premium on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back