List Mgmt. 2016 Trade & Free Agency Discussion Thread [v. 1.0]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brad: How do you feel about a trade to GC Cunners?

Cunners: How do you feel like a punch in the face?

Brad: Good chat Cunners.

Sounds like a job for Laidley...

If we're going '4 in, 4 out', I think rather than going after Swallow and O'Meara who are both huge huge risks for a large price, we instead go:
-Lennon

??? To be honest I would draft YOKO Lennon before the Richmond dud!
Can't get a regular spot on Richmond's team....Kevin Bartlett more likely to get a recall than him!!!

As good as O'Meara and Swallow could be IF they get fit, it is too risky. I'd rather take the picks into the draft, and perhaps even trade for more picks.

so apparently mayne is a done deal, he turns 29 next year and boomer kicked 13 more goals and averaged 7 more disposals than him this year
Obviously boomer is a lot better and deserved another year in my opinion - however what are their pressure acts stats? Thats what mayne brings every week and why we have been so poor in the second half of the year

Getting rid of 3 legends in a bid to get younger; we turn around and sign a soon to be 30 year old Freo 'pressure forward'.

Sell that to members.

He's 27, turns 28 in December is 7 months younger than Higgins. I actually don't mind him when I considered we have got guys like Mullet, McKenzie, Nahas and Ray getting games. Tippet on the list

We are going to have a fairly serious axe swinging session. No draft picks given up, just salary cap space. We can't rely on Waite, so our forward stocks are

Thomas, Brown, Wood, Higgins,Garner, Turner ( Daw, Waite)

Anywho understand peeps are cut and fair enough.

He's 27, turns 28 in December is 7 months younger than Higgins. I actually don't mind him when I considered we have got guys like Mullet, McKenzie, Nahas and Ray getting games. Tippet on the list

We are going to have a fairly serious axe swinging session. No draft picks given up, just salary cap space. We can't rely on Waite, so our forward stocks are

Mayne would probably be competing with Mason Wood for a spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was Mayne one of the main culprits in that GF loss? Sounds right to me and that would be a mental hurdle for most players.
Nah mate, kicked a massive goal from 50m when freo were closing in. He did miss a very simple shot against Hawthorn in the Prelim last year.......very easy, Hawks kicked a goal down the other end and took momentum.

He isn't the sort of player who is going to go on until he is 31-32. With his decline this year I'd say he has two average years left in him

Shit, boomer doesnt offer defensive pressure? Should have delisted him at age 18 then. He offers everything else and if that is the measuring stick our whole midfield would be delisted too.

He isn't the sort of player who is going to go on until he is 31-32. With his decline this year I'd say he has two average years left in him

I would barely know Mayne if I bumped into him, don't catch much of Freo but at the risk of being seen as a Mayne bandwagon driver I'd be very hesitant on making definitive assessments of any Fremantle player based on this year - the whole team went to sh*t. Nobody looks good in a team struggling that much.

I hate mindless trade speculation based on misguided extrapolations from ill-informed posters. BUT, here goes anyway:
Do you think Maj to GWS or Suns could get a good high pick or player in return?

Thinking is, he'd be a prominent, marketable and capable player that would create much needed positive exposure for those teams while still being a good ruck/ not as good forward option. He'd be huge for GWS in western Sydney for sure.

Fact is, he'll always be back up ruck to G at Nth and he's not a natural forward.

This might put us back a forward option. But I reckon we could get a higher value pick or trade relative to what he's worth to us as a player. Isn't that what trading is all about?

Thoughts?
(note: was posted in O'Meara thread - thought it was more relevant here)

Not sure if Black has packed his bags already but he is still contracted to us til the end of the next season...........he is capable. Reset his mindset maybe he can capture the form we all want to see again.

This thread is my favourite thread, you build me up I get excited. I wait, I check again, I read between the lines, make a phone call, log back on and am convinced. I wait til trade week and we end up with five fifths of **** all most years. But I still look forward to it, "hope" is a wonderful feeling.
There is one difference from all those other years NN........Harvey is now gone, the thinking has drastically changed and the direction has been set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back