Mega Thread 2016 Trade/Free Agency Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Collingwood back loaded Cloke's contract he is on close t a million next season

If we took him it would only relieve a little of that cap pressure ( we pay 300 Collingwood pay 700)

Even if he plays VFL the whole year it means we get him for the cost of a first year player and leave Collingwood with enough cap problems to restrict their ability to trade

That's a win
What first year player is on 300 k?

Really its in Collingwoods best interestes to trade Cloke.
If there is a time to low ball, its now.
We should only be offering to pay 200K of his salary.
If they pass on that who cares.

I was an Adonis bro. Captained the senior footy and tennis teams, one of the top swimmers and fared well in aths with x country my specialty.
Pasty skinned geeks playing their Ataris and Commodore 64's were no match for me ever.

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.
AdrianAdonis2.jpg

IF he doesn't cost us much in terms of trading and salary cap, I'd potentially take a punt on him.

The pros:
  • He is a confidence player and he needs a fresh environment to find that (anyone remember that day he went berserk and destroyed Rance in like 2 quarters a few years ago?). Sure he's not a spring chicken but he probably still has 2-3 years left you'd think. Vickery could be off and along with Griff, neither have really taken that step to being the second key forward we have been crying out for.
  • We've got some good small/medium types coming through - Lloyd, Rioli, Lennon, Edwards among others. Cloke is someone who can genuinely crash a pack. If he isn't clunking marks (which he is good at doing), the ball will fall to the ground for the smaller blokes to feed on.
  • Jack has shown his quality by adapting to playing further up the ground but I still think his most damaging is when he is closer to goal. With Cloke, we get a guy who can be the focal point up the ground and let Jack stay deeper towards goal. The two could easily rotate as well allowing one to rest during matches.
  • Vickery is potentially our second best KPF at the moment and could be off. Griff has shown some signs at times but has yet to consistently kick goals. McBean is still slowly coming on. Elton is largely unproven. Our KPF stocks are essentially threadbare after Jack.
The cons:
  • Potentially big wages - if the Pies could cover a large chunk though...
  • Would divide a lot of supporters. Some even saying they wouldn't renew memberships.
  • Would he be another bust recruit? Do we need to look at younger players instead of mature agers?
  • Suspect goal kicking (to be fair, Griff's set shots aren't the greatest either IMO).

It's a high risk, high reward situation but I'd back him to be decent. Wouldn't want to throw the bank at him though. I hope at the very least the club don't rule him out without first weighing it up internally. We should be open to all situations IMO.

David Cloke leading the negotiations with Richmond about Travis

typical :rolleyes:

"Okay David. We at the Richmond Football Club agree to your proposal of $x per year for the next three years. We look forward to Travis wearing the yellow and back for the remainder of his career. However, we should state that we expect the amount that you walked away from in 1983 to be deducted from Travis' salary. It is only fair recompense for your role in the club's poor performance over the last 30 years.'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we are going after travis then that says to me we ain't going after patton..
I was worried that we were going to give up pick 6 for patton.
But looks like we keep pick 6 as Prestia Trade will require player or players.
So if in getting trav we keep pick 6 then maybe not such a bad idea

The Australian reporting we will make a play for Cloke. You get the feeling they know Ty is leaving via FA.
Don't know what I think about this. It could be a master stroke or an absolute disaster. If he doesn't demand a huge salary worth a shot I think.
If we do get Cloke it's a sign of intent. It's finals or bust for Hardwick and Co.
Don't believe it unless Tiger71 is reporting it.

Would only do Cloke if we didn't give up anything more than Batchelor or a 3rd Round pick and then Cloke should only be on a 2 year deal at most. No way can we be giving a second rounder this/next year like we did for Yarran.

if we could then manage to trade out TV to Hawks for pick 18 and a swap of players/picks, that would be a massive upgrade. Given what they paid for Hale and the upside TV has I think they might be a chance to offer a pick that high for him if we gave something back.

Our side would be completely different with Cloke, Yarran & Prestia in the side and if we somehow managed to keep Pick 6 and add a quality kid then that would be one of our best trade periods in a long, long time.

I say no to Cloke... Rather play Griffiths and draft a kid. Modern footy doesn't allow teams to have Key Forwards that don't provide forward pressure.

Sent from my iPhone

Bringing in Cloke would be a predictably incompetent move from our football administration so I would be backing this right in to happen.

The fact that Dimma did not come out and deny this rumour to be true, should shake you all to the bone .it is ON like Donkey Kong.

Can someone please explain to me what use we have for a 30 year old fat slow hack that cant kick and that hasn't played a good game in 3 years.

Why are we throwing a lifeline to a bloke who treated us like we were a joke ( to be truthful we were and still are a joke) 10 years ago.

I seriously cannot understand the level of incompetence in our football department.

No wonder my son wants to support GWS.

Picks 6, 42, 60, 78, 96

B. Ellis for a second rounder. (~#25)
S. Grigg for a late second rounder (~#35)
R. Conca for H. Crozier
T. Vickery (via Free Agency) - receive 2nd round compensation (~#25)
# 6 & #42 to GWS for #15 & 16 (or 15, Steele and Tomlinson)
#15 for Prestia

Delist: J. Batchelor, L. McBean,
Retire: I. Maric, T. Chaplin, R. McKenzie
Elevate: J. Short, J Castagna

Picks #24, #25, #35, #60, #78, #96

In: Prestia, Steele, Tomlinson, Crozier, Short, Castagna
Out: Conca, Grigg, B. Ellis, Vickery, Batchelor, McBean, Chaplin, McKenzie

B: Jayden Short, David Astbury, Dylan Grimes
HB: Oleg Markov, Alex Rance, Bachar Houli
C: Chris Yarran, Dustin Martin, Kamdyn McIntosh
HF: Brett Deledio, Ben Griffiths, Ben Lennon
F: Sam Lloyd, Jack Riewoldt, Daniel Rioli
R: Shaun Hampson, Trent Cotchin, Dion Prestia
I: Corey Ellis, Nick Vlastuin, Anthony Miles, Jack Steele
E: Adam Tomlinson, Shane Edwards, Connor Menadue
why trade for a Player that will be an EMG? the rest i don't mind, another pick inside 40 would be mega

Bringing in Cloke would be a predictably incompetent move from our football administration so I would be backing this right in to happen.

The fact that Dimma did not come out and deny this rumour to be true, should shake you all to the bone .it is ON like Donkey Kong.

Can someone please explain to me what use we have for a 30 year old fat slow hack that cant kick and that hasn't played a good game in 3 years.

Why are we throwing a lifeline to a bloke who treated us like we were a joke ( to be truthful we were and still are a joke) 10 years ago.

I seriously cannot understand the level of incompetence in our football department.

No wonder my son wants to support GWS.

Yep it's ridiculous! With all the potential talent loitering around this off-season we are looking at a past decent player that was only good when his team were good.

He can't kick.

Anyways I'm going to harp on about this until the end of the off-season but we should be trying to pry Fyfe away from Fremantle, and if that doesn't work hit up Tom Mitchell and/or Hurley.

Prestia is meh so giving up our first seems like a waste. I would be OK if it was a player and next years second.

We need to focus on elite talent in the 24-27 age bracket to help our big 5 next year. It is the only way we will get ourselves into flag contention in the next few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back