Mega Thread 2016 Trade/Free Agency Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone think Miles might be involved in the Prestia trade? You'd think Prestia would be a direct upgrade/replacement for Miles.

There was a poster on here a few weeks back who mentioned that.Can't recall their actual post, but he claimed a cousin or some one close to Miles, mentioned he might be involved? Sorry for my vagueness, it's what I can recall.

Dropped this weekend, there might actually be something in it.

I like Miles, but he has been average this year. If it meant we could keep Pick 6 somehow, I'd be ok with it.

I think the best suggestion I've seen is something along the lines of 6 for Steele and 15. Then 15 for Prestia.

Add whatever rubbish you have to but basically getting Prestia and Steele for pick 6 is the kind of thing we need to be looking at.

There was a poster on here a few weeks back who mentioned that.Can't recall their actual post, but he claimed a cousin or some one close to Miles, mentioned he might be involved? Sorry for my vagueness, it's what I can recall.

Dropped this weekend, there might actually be something in it.

I like Miles, but he has been average this year. If it meant we could keep Pick 6 somehow, I'd be ok with it.

He was dropped because he has had his two worst games for the club in the last 3 weeks and was average in the other one, i wouldn't be reading anymore into that.

He was dropped because he has had his two worst games for the club in the last 3 weeks and was average in the other one, i wouldn't be reading anymore into that.
he is the victim of the new rotation rules as he is a poor runner in both sense. speed and endurance

What has made you think he won't bring it all if he was to come to us? It's not as if he isn't a hard trainer.

You also say he is in it for the money... considering he isn't making much this year and most of it is performance based anyway, amd he hasn't actually signed a contract with us, what is the justification for saying he is only in it for the money?

I know it is only one game, but the way he decimated GWS at Spotless this season puts to bed 'running like a headless chook' and only wanting money. He worked his ass off and dominated.

He worked his arse of because it was an ultimatum, but we need someone more consistent than that.. He has had a bad last 2 years which to me means he is washed up. I know for sure he's contract is huge this year and all collingwood want to do is offload him, our clueless recruiters may well take him. Just another mind boggling decision but we learn to expect that from them. I say it is a backward move and I am sticking to it.

Resticted free agent next year isn't he? Just need big dollars available and hope Freo don't match it. If he passes his medical.
They can get a high compo pick.

FA. If we don't have a pick I'd imagine it would be less likely they match.
Ahh, I forgot he was a free agent. Didn't Geelong give Adelaide some picks for Dangerfield though? Or was that the compensation pick?
Could you imagine the melts if we landed MacKenzie?
Oh the melts if that happens...

I've been a fan of Miles, but there's no denying he's been average this year. Has looked off the pace.
You think so? I mean, he isn't the player he was last year, but he was still solid in quite a few games this year.

Maybe he got dropped because we are just gunning for finals in the reserves as we'd need him there to beat Sandringham :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he is the victim of the new rotation rules as he is a poor runner in both sense. speed and endurance

Yeah couldn't agree more, i hope he goes back to that trainer he had to build his tank up further. Was one of our best players in his two finals appearances especially norf one last year something like 15 clearances. If is able to build the tank he'll be right till his body can't cop it anymore inside. Lennon needs to do this too and maybe even vlas.

Yeah couldn't agree more, i hope he goes back to that trainer he had to build his tank up further. Was one of our best players in his two finals appearances especially norf one last year something like 15 clearances. If is able to build the tank he'll be right till his body can't cop it anymore inside. Lennon needs to do this too and maybe even vlas.
He was also on record as saying he slimmed down this year to increase his endurance, already being on the light side and a battering ram style player, I said it almost 12 months ago, he was doomed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back