Mega Thread 2016 Trade/Free Agency Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The straw that broke the camels back for me when it comes to Brandon Ellis was on Sunday. He was making an arcing run out of the defensive 50, with no pressure and still managed to absolutely shank his kick which was lucky to go all of 20 metres forward and about 30 metres off to the side.

Send him to Adelaide for Cam Ellis-Yolmen and be done with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The straw that broke the camels back for me when it comes to Brandon Ellis was on Sunday. He was making an arcing run out of the defensive 50, with no pressure and still managed to absolutely shank his kick which was lucky to go all of 20 metres forward and about 30 metres off to the side.

100%

Built like Tarzan and plays like Jane.

And GWS have ours, Collingwood's and Geelong's firsts, plus our and Adelaide's second.

I think we're OK for points.
Like you need first round picks. **** off mate.

Astbury is a much better intercept mark and gets a lot more of the ball. Also an as good if not better kick. I'm not saying Brown is a complete spud and Astbury is a star but this seems like a bit of a pointless trade to me.
Yes dave is a better intercept mark, but is also a slower hand to foot kick. I don't mind purely as then we have 3 key defenders with one of them being a 3rd tall intercept mark either Dave or Alex. Then Grimes doesn't have to be the taller defender. He is a FA so we don't have to trade for him. If we could get Hurley then all good, but if not we need another KPD.

Given we're farked and won't win a flag while Jack is around how about the Bont because lets face it if you're paying Boyd $1mil a season to play VFL and Jack $800k a year to play the role Boyd should be playing you're not going to have much left for Bont when he comes out of contract next especially after everyone else signs as well.

With the Bont and Dusty we'd have a couple of gun midfielders to build around, that would be in the prime still in 4-5 years time when we're not farked and a chance of winning a flag.
Dogs may as well trade their whole team away. 62 farking years.

edwards , valenti, podsiadly .
The SANFL is a very ordinary state wide comp, very ordinary in fact and is only getting worst.
prestia, marchbank are overrated.
The variation between gsw' 10th best and 35th best would be the closest in the comp. The value for opposition clubs looking to build toward similar depth is to target those outside their best 22.
I'd suggest gws would have 30 players who could walk into our best 18 , yet arguable wouldnt have one player who would be in our top 4-5 . The key is to get as many of them as possible and fill a void within our list which they have excess of.
Was it you that said sanfl and neafl were similar and poor? The reason why I ask is then do you frank Tomlinson' 2nds form and his AFL form isn't very good.

What happens if Dave goes down? Extremely injury prone.

I agree with what you are saying, just pointing out the opposing view.

I am neither for or against Brown I was just told we are one of a few clubs interested including the Pies, who I think will most likely keep him.
If Dave goes down we replace him with Chol or Elton and we back them and our system in and if we arent good enough we grab a good pick in the 2017 super draft.

Was it you that said sanfl and neafl were similar and poor? The reason why I ask is then do you frank Tomlinson' 2nds form and his AFL form isn't very good.
thomilson brings attributes the club doesnt have which is why I think he would be a great assett. Whilst his role at AFL level has been astoundingly different to the role he has played at naefl , which I agree is a poor standard.
Using form alone within the sanfl and naefl as a means to place someone upon a AFL list imo is flawed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thomilson brings attributes the club doesnt have which is why I think he would be a great assett. Whilst his role at AFL level has been astoundingly different to the role he has played at naefl , which I agree is a poor standard.
Using form alone within the sanfl and naefl as a means to place someone upon a AFL list imo is flawed.
Yep but he has played that tall CHF role before and wasn't very good at it imo. Of late he has played as a KPB and not very well either.

Hurley won't be coming to the Tigers.

Borderline unprofessional treatment from the club in their overtures. Insulting money, no long term vision, not even a firm view of how he'd fit into the team.

Most disappointing mail I've had for years, and not because we're missing out on a player. My faith in the club has been seriously shaken off the back of what I've been told.

Borderline unprofessional treatment from the club in their overtures. Insulting money, no long term vision, not even a firm view of how he'd fit into the team.

Most disappointing mail I've had for years, and not because we're missing out on a player. My faith in the club has been seriously shaken off the back of what I've been told.
So don't go keeping it to yourself, let us all feel let down by the club together.

So don't go keeping it to yourself, let us all feel let down by the club together.
would like to know more Snout pm if necessary thanks in advance :)

Appreciate the interest, and I generally don't mind passing on whatever I can, but this time I've said all I can say. Any more detail would be a breach of trust.
dude the ship has struck an iceberg and is about to sink may aswell help her go down :)

Yep but he has played that tall CHF role before and wasn't very good at it imo. Of late he has played as a KPB and not very well either.
Exactly my point he would be huge assest as a taller marking flanker who works up the ground but also rotates through the middle. Somewhat the role they are trying to get jack to play , but it comes naturally to thomilson and he has the added endurance . current nick reiwoldt or richo late in career mould.

His worst habit which he can't shake and I don't know why it hasn't been coached out of him, is by default he offloads the hot ball to a teammate in a worse position . I would estimate half of his possies are like this. The other half are full of u turns and a blaze away hoof. He needs a complete makeover and be rewired to use his wheels to go forward by default and use his peg to real effect

Not questioning you personally pal, but this is absolute crap.

There is just no way any of this information would get out, and even less chance that we'd put together a shit offer and all the other stuff you heard.

No way. Just no way man.

on another occasion he took a mark in the back 50 & kicked it backwards without even looking fwd.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back