List Mgmt. 2016 Trade/Free Agency Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Put it up ages ago and got laughed at by most but I would still do Prestia and Pick 8 for Cotchin.
Wouldn't even blink an eye lid.
Prestia and Pick 4 for Cotchin would be even better though.

I do believe we need to trade one of our big 5 to kick start this build. Cotchin IMO is our most expandable that will get us maximum return.
Couldn't agree more
His still a good age and will get us something good and contrary to what many think on here it won't hurt us

My bro is mates with Chris Newman and ran into him on Sunday. Told him Lids was most probably done and not to be surprised if some other leaders were gone too by the end of the trade period. Not saying it will all happen, just factually what was said.

No doubt they are planning for a quick bounce/play finals next year so most of the guns will stay. Lids would have to be the only one up for trade in this case if indeed any of them are up at all. Leaders such as Maric, yeah he may go.

I think the club will stick to their planning - they want to have a shot at winning a flag with Riewoldt and Rance and to do that they can't really trade Cotch or Dusty. Instead they are more likely to trade draft pics for players such as 6 for Prestia and potentially dip into future pics as well. The willingness is obviously there as we offered two first rounders for Treloar.

Be bold either way. Trade most of the guns now and give ourselves access to a raft of young talent or go all in to give the finals real shake next year. If we do make an impact on finals next year we are also more likely to attract free agents at the end of 2017 - potentially Fyfe (ultimate scenario)

If for instance we traded pick 6 for Prestia and a 2nd rounder and we gave GWS next years first for Steele and Stewart/Marchbank our side with the additions of McIntosh, Yarran and a third year Corey Ellis will be very different to the one we had next year. We'd also potentially have 2 to 4 2nd rounders with which to bring in some talent to develop in the 2s for the future with the trading of Vickery, Lennon, Conca and pick 6.

Obviously not all of these guys will want to come to us but I'm hoping to see the club be bold and aggressive this trade period.

Prestia and Pick 4.

It'll never happen though - the club will not trade Cotchin.
Prestia if fit, is almost a direct replacement in recent ouput IMO, so we wouldnt lose much immediately, and then we get a gun mid in the draft.

Could even do Cotch and 6 for Prestia and 4 & 8 - 4 maybe gets us Brodie

8 gets us Marchbank and Steele

Lose Cotch and add Prestia, Steele and Brodie to our midfield and Marchbank to our defence

would do hope it happens. been shit for years

cash in

no doubt the media and other afl teams talk up how great cotch is more than any other richmond player.

Only one I would not be shattered about leaving, sad yes, but not shattered we would get the best options out of that trade compared to the other big 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back