List Mgmt. 2016 Trade/Free Agency Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimmer is looking for that missing link ,icing on cake ,cherry on top player to take that final step forward .
LOL (gotta either laugh or cry)...

In this most important trade period ever for the club, that we are making decisions on first rounder talent whilst still retaining Hardwick is to me astounding.

If the club gets off to another poor start he'll be sacked by round 6-8. Why put anyone (including the coach) through it?
It'll mean another meaningless year, and perhaps mean offloading players this year who would otherwise do a lot better with a fresh coach now.

Just thinking that at least one of the assistants to be brought in is being earmarked for the top job... (Which a good thing, and is saying nobe of the assistants that we let go didn't have it in them to replace Hardwick)...

Yeah we need contested bulls but that's what we went for last year and ended up with Townsend and Moore.

We need good kicks, who hunt the footy and the man and can tackle.

So this is the list of who we've been linked to by the media so far:
-Dion Prestia (Nominated us)
-Marley Williams
-Steve Motlop
-Jarryd Lyons
-Nick Suban
-Hamish Hartlett? (Mostly based off last year)
-Tom Mitchell

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again, loving the commentary of the experts in here knowing what the club will do.

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.

Are we, though?

One will be 30 at the start of next season, the other 26.

One has a recent history of recurring calf/achilles problems, the other as an attitude/work ethic problem.

One should have at least 5 years minimum left, the other potentially another 30 games.

If Motlop can get his head out of his ass and work hard, he will do more for us going forward than Lids will IMO.
If Lids can manage his Achilles he could play till he's 34, as a silky outside player. I doubt Motlop will play past 30. He doesn't look too fit at 26. If the club does this deal I'll be jumping on board with the buffoons from Focus on Footy. :mad:

If Lids can manage his Achilles he could play till he's 34, as a silky outside player. I doubt Motlop will play past 30. He doesn't look too fit at 26. If the club does this deal I'll be jumping on board with the buffoons from Focus on Footy. :mad:

All ifs and buts. Right now, Motlop is the safer bet than Lids.

Would rather trade Lids for draft picks than for a player that his club doesn't want because of his attitude and his propensity to go missing when it really counts.

I'm the same. Especially with our drafting the last couple of years. I'm just saying, we could do worse than get Motlop. Not as bad as some make him out to be, and in full flight is a genuine match winner.

I'm the same. Especially with our drafting the last couple of years. I'm just saying, we could do worse than get Motlop. Not as bad as some make him out to be, and in full flight is a genuine match winner.
could u imagine how fat motlop would be at his first rfc pre season?? if he came back like that to geelong's pre season he will be an extra 20kgs for ours on top of that

Only is in full flight when the rest of his team plays well. Need players that will stand up when we're struggling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back