List Mgmt. 2016 Trade/Free Agency Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. What a rude campaigner.
players have requested trades and should see us get 2nd rounders.

Players like Bellis and Edwards maybe even lids, all expendable and could get us great value.

Rubbish is your attitude.
Lol Could. Maybe. Should. You've gone form BOOKMARK IT to could/maybe/should. Can I have some of what you're smoking? If you don't want people do dislike the stuff you make up don't post it. And you think I have a shit attitude. If you don't like criticism go and live in North Korea!

I'm starting to think we should just keep Vickery. He was going pretty well when we were going well in 15. I think we risk losing a gun ruck/forward just about to enter his peak with the right team around him.

He might be a different player if we go out and land Prestia, Brodie and Mitchell.*

*Dreams can come true!

I'm starting to think we should just keep Vickery. He was going pretty well when we were going well in 15. I think we risk losing a gun ruck/forward just about to enter his peak with the right team around him.

He might be a different player if we go out and land Prestia, Brodie and Mitchell.*

*Dreams can come true!
27 next year. get rid of him now while we can get something good

View attachment 291623
Arrogant tossers, need a Groundhog Day.......

We would have $3mil+ cap space currently with the carryover from previous years and unsigned contracts. Could easily fit a couple of front loaded 3mil for 4 year deals. Might not even need that much as there is no way Hawks can go close to that for both Mitchell and O'Meara

Is pick 25 good if we don't have another KPF. And what will it cost to bring a half decent one in... Probably at least 25
Griffiths is better anyway and has much more scope for improvement. I don't think we can continue with all 3 of them in one side; Vickery is expendable.

I think the club is being genuinely aggressive at a list regeneration behind closed doors. If you listen again to Brendan Gale's interview after the appointment of Balme he talked about how crucial it was that he was on board for the trade period. Given that we also are allowing FJ to do one more draft and it has been continually reported that we have pick 6 on the table, I think you can safely assume that we won't be doing a rebuild through the draft, rather we will be doing whatever we can to fill our stable with high quality AFL players from other clubs to support/ lessen the load on the big 5. (Key point here is that the players will be high quality rather than the prior strategy of topping up with list cloggers...)

I think/ hope our trade period will look something like this:

In Pick 25, Out Vickery
In Prestia & Pick 14 (Gold Coast will receive this & a player from Hawks for JOM), Out Pick 6 + Pick 25 (Vickery Compo)
In Mitchell, Out Pick 14 & Sheds

3 way trade -

Richmond: In Stewart (GWS) & Pick 31 - Out Lennon
Carlton: In Marchbank & Lennon - Out Pick 5
GWS: In Pick 5 - Out Marchbank, Stewart & Pick 31

3 way trade -

Richmond: In Motlop, Out Conca & Pick 31
Geelong: In Ballantyne & Pick 31, Out Motlop & Pick 35ish
Freo: In Conca & 35ish, Out Ballantyne

In Pick 47 (Brisbane), Out: Jake Batchelor
In Pick 97 (Pies), Out: Maric

Delist: Moore

Not a bad result for a trade period.

In: Prestia, Mitchell, Motlop, Stewart, Pick 47, 97
Out: Pick 6, Vickery, Conca, Lennon, Sheds, Batchelor, Maric, Moore,

Go to the draft with 42, 47, 60, 78, 96 (Short Upgrade), 97 (Castagna Upgrade)

Team for Round 1 Next Year:

Vlastuin, Astbury, Grimes
Markov, Rance, Houli
BEllis Martin Prestia
Deledio Griffiths Yarran
Rioli Riewoldt Motlop

R: Hampson, Cotchin, Mitchell
IC: Menadue, Stewart, CEllis, Miles

Emerg: Lloyd, Short, McIntosh

Richmond: In Motlop, Out Conca & Pick 31
Geelong: In Ballantyne & Pick 31, Out Motlop & Pick 35ish
Freo: In Conca & 35ish, Out Ballantyne
There's no way Geelong would swap Motlop for Ballantyne. Would you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember Tigers fans once being described as the Annabel Chong of the AFL, i think its still an apt description.

Non-Mod Morro has so much attitude I love it

giphy.gif

Incidentally she is indicating towards the very part of her I'd like to touch

Wish list currently would be
Prestia, Mitchell, Stewart (from GWS- his old boy played for us) not sold on Motlop, happy to lose conca and vickery. Don't see Lennon going, under contract so would need to be a good deal for us

I would like to turn our pick 6 into 2 two picks.
Pick 6 for Pick 10 and another pick in the 20s.

I would rather Marshal with our first get and a abundant amount of picks in 20s and go for mids with later picks. We need a highly talented KPF on our list.

Ellis and Sweetner (Conca?) for Prestia
Next years 1st for Mitchell and Nankervakis
Lemon for 2nd round pick
Vickery 2nd round compo
Edwards 2nd round pick
Pick 6 for Pick 10 and 2nd round pick

Marshall with Pick 10 and recruit 4 mids with 2nd round picks.

Trades need an incoming Ruckman. There's no way we could rely on cooked FA types like Minson or Clarke if Hampson goes down. How we let Zac Smith go to Geelong for a packet of chips still astounds me. Should be looking at guys like Nankervis.

Clarkes only 26

If it's Clarke for free (provided we trade or keep Vickery), it's better than a second pick for Nankervis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back