List Mgmt. 2017 Draft Discussion (cont in Pt 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like Jaidyn Stephenson, I have a heart condition that requires medication that makes me drowsy. I'm not sure what tablets Stephenson now has to take but it may have the same effect as the one I'm on (Sotolol). It pretty much makes me feel slightly drowsy 24/7. The only time I ever feel 100% awake is when I'm exercising. I still do a lot of running, and once I have warmed up and get into some hard intervals the drowsiness completely goes away and I feel great, and the Sotolol certainly doesn't effect the quality of my sessions in any way. If that is the only side effect caused by the meds Jaidyn has to take then it shouldn't effect his footy and he will have every chance to reach his (very high) potential.
So he'll smash it on game day but when every other campaigner on the list is ready to sink piss and get up to mischief, he wants to stay in and get a good kip

SIGN HIM UP FFS

Agree but the main thing for me it's all about keeping possession. Do you remember that Sydney game this year when our season started to unravel? All Longmire did, after watching Bolton almost succeed the week before, was instruct his team from defense and midfield to go one-on-one with their opponents and sit on their shoulders. He knew it was inevitable that we would turn it over/give their players a chance to spoil or intercept because our skills weren't up to hitting targets beyond 2-3 safe options coming out of defense.

It was awful and showed both how easy we were to beat and how poor the skill level of a lot of our players is. We do a lot right, and play with great heart etc. but we simply need blokes in the defensive half of the ground/up until the wing and linking to our forwards that just pick the right option every time. A bloke like Coffield coming on in the next few years and playing a linking and leadership role across the most important part of the ground in modern footy (half back, midfield) will go a long way towards turning us into a team that doesn't just rely on pressure to create scoring opportunities.

Sat on Roberton as well from memory and they always target Steven and we had nothing else. Could work, it pisses me off because it means Mc Kenzie, White and Rice are probably back ups at best and we don't see them as a the future, bad drafting. I think we might be worried about Hugh too seeing we are talking of a KPD and we got LA.

Maybe so but their last premiership wasxa while ago.
Give me a flag in 2006 compared to 1966 anyday

Grand final 1991, flag 1992 & 1994. Grand final again in 2005, flag 2006. Grand final 2015. Reality is they're finding a way across different eras

Given the AFL is designed to be cyclical (one flag every 18 years) they're going alright

How many times do you hear of a delisted wce player going and making it at another club. I can't think of one.

Their issues it their football not their fitness or ability to get their bodies right. I think we are the other way around. Football is alright but our fitness feels subpar.

Who do u suggest Rors campaigner?
I’m happy to grab any 2 of:

Cerra
Brayshaw
Coffield
Stephenson
Fogarty, D
Bonar

My post was more a dig at all of us saying every draft that we’ll take a flanker with the plan to move them to the midfield.... It seems nothing has changed if in fact we do take Coffield & Stephenson, which I don’t mind, just think it’s funny as they are flankers that we’ll be hoping can become inside or outside mids

Coffield and Stephenson for me - both have the requisite skills and exude confidence and class with ball in hand - can take contested grabs as well and shown to kick goals

Pick 34 - a bullocking grunt mid - Starcevich looks ok in a few vids I have seen as does Worpel - both attack the ball and carrier hard - a bit of Sloane/Parker about them - skills don't seem that bad either

Pick 45 - best KPD available

Yep I like both of those guys. Worpel will be a very good classic ball winning mid. He should be a very highly productive inside player Matt Crouch style. Starcevich has a bit more brilliance about him but much less consistent.

Sat on Roberton as well from memory and they always target Steven and we had nothing else. Could work, it pisses me off because it means Mc Kenzie, White and Rice are probably back ups at best and we don't see them as a the future, bad drafting. I think we might be worried about Hugh too seeing we are talking of a KPD and we got LA.
Webster had broken his hand the game before, and had been one of our best for the year up to that point (was about 3rd in bnf at that point). Robbo had to be more accountable and Newnes was concussed early so we had no run and no way to move the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could work, it pisses me off because it means Mc Kenzie, White and Rice are probably back ups at best and we don't see them as a the future, bad drafting. I think we might be worried about Hugh too seeing we are talking of a KPD and we got LA.

Yeah, can fully understand why you'd think that regarding defenders being pushed out, I'm hoping/expecting him to play more wing and midfield eventually so would mean he wouldn't necessarily be competing with those you mentioned above.

Having said that I am resigned to Dmac not making it as his decision-making is regressing if anything... I think White looks good but you can tell his tank limits him getting back defensively after he launches an attack so he'd better improve that quickly... Rice, who knows yet... We might not be as well stocked there as it seems and Gilbo is no spring chicken.

Last edited:
Hey folks. Just had the Saints in the WCE board mock draft. Here is what I took:

#7: Andrew Brayshaw
#8: Hunter Clark
#34: Gryan Miers
#45: Tom McCartin

I feel like I destroyed that draft because I really like all of these players. What are your thoughts?
A+

Hey folks. Just had the Saints in the WCE board mock draft. Here is what I took:

I feel like I destroyed that draft because I really like all of these players. What are your thoughts?
You had me at Andrew brayshaw!!! That alone makes it a home run. The rest is just a bonus

Coffield has the ability to play anywhere has shown multiple times this year, isn't just a back flanker like people on here think he is. Saw him play forward one day and dominate and kick 4, has also racked up 30s playing as a midfielder. He's just one of those talented blokes who wherever you put will play well naturally has a good footy iq. He's a freak how many 190 cm line breaking elite ball use composer contested mark leadership players have we got? None

Coffield has the ability to play anywhere has shown multiple times this year, isn't just a back flanker like people on here think he is. Saw him play forward one day and dominate and kick 4, has also racked up 30s playing as a midfielder. He's just one of those talented blokes who wherever you put will play well naturally has a good footy iq. He's a freak how many 190 cm line breaking elite ball use composer contested mark leadership players have we got? None
You make a strong case Nicholas.

His game reminds me so much of BJ. I keep seeing posts getting hung up about the supposed position a guy might play and whether that is a need, but for me it's quite simple. Would I pass on the next BJ because of specific position need? No, and I see skills in coffield that will translate to anywhere on the ground.

You did a great job , I would be rapted if we actually got all those you picked , well done .

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone has mentioned it, but when Uptown Gill asked Twomey on the podcast today who the Saints were taking at 7/8, Cal wouldn't give a finite answer but did say that he thought we might end up taking Clark with one of them. It certainly sounded like more of a hunch than anything else, but the fact he volunteered his name out of all the guys that we've been linked to says a bit I reckon.

I’m happy to grab any 2 of:

Cerra
Brayshaw
Coffield
Stephenson
Fogarty, D
Bonar

My post was more a dig at all of us saying every draft that we’ll take a flanker with the plan to move them to the midfield.... It seems nothing has changed if in fact we do take Coffield & Stephenson, which I don’t mind, just think it’s funny as they are flankers that we’ll be hoping can become inside or outside mids

My post wasn't a dig either - I just like calling u a campaigner! :drunk:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back