List Mgmt. 2017 Draft Discussion (cont in Pt 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We definitely don't need inside mids, we need outside run in the Shuan Higgins, Andrew Gaff, Josh Kelly mould. Watch his highlights, he has real X factor and incredible hands off the deck and exudes confidence. There is something about him the just looks like he'll be a star.

Yep, from what I’ve seen I really like HC. I recon he could be a bit like sincs on the wing.

That's why I don't rate Brayshaw that highly, all his highlights are very similar with no real stand out qualities. He's very beige in everything he does. Hunter Clark looks the opposite to that with his ability to twist out of tackles with his arms free and break away with his pace make him look special.

Giantroos highlights for Darcy Fogarty are pretty telling too. He looks a lot less flash when you see the bad bits.
You don't rate Brayshaw?

Yep, from what I’ve seen I really like HC. I recon he could be a bit like sincs on the wing.

I remember someone suggesting there was a bit of Lenny in HC, he's got that tall size and a bit of love of contact. He's just got something that stands out to me and I'm not 100% sure what it is. Got confidence which helps. We have way too many nice guys who look like they hold doors open for others, Hc looks like he'd push you down the stairs then high-5 himself when he got through first.

LOL
ill be honest, i know sweet F*** All about any TAC cup players. I havnt watched a game at that level for about 4 yrs.

I haven't watched any for about 46 years!

Inb4 I go balta @ pick 4

R
if your an AFL recruiter you could maybe pick somebody.
If you one of the few blokes on BigFooty who are a regular to TAC Cup games you could maybe pick somebody.
But if your just a normal slob like myself and watch 2min highlight reels then youve got NO F*****G IDEA.
Anybody and i mean ANYBODY can be made look impressive on a highlights reel.
Who ever the club picks will be able to play. Just gotta hope the kid has more of a Lenny Hayes headspace than a Caydn Beetham headspace.
Ripping post this one!!!

My scouting schedule involved 1 beer per highlight clip

Dream scenario
1-bris: LDU
2-freo: Dow
3-blues: Rayner
4-roos:Stephenson
5-freo: Hayes/naughton
6-pies: coffield/brander
7-stk: cerra
8-stk: Clarke

I'm really starting to warm to hunter Clarke. Flanker who has proven he can become a full time midfielder. Flexibility.tick.
Personally think he has great skills on both sides of the body. Quick off the mark and has a ripper side step to go with gresh. Tough and corageious. And most importantly best mates with jack Steele.. I reckon both of these blokes have the potential to line up round 1 as well.

2018 round 1
B: geary brown/austin Webster
Hb: roberton Carlisle newnes
C: cerra Steele Sinclair
Hf: billings Bruce acres
F: Gresham McCartin membrey
Foll: longer ross Steven
Int: Gilbert dunstan Clarke armitage

(Log in to remove this ad.)

apologies if i've missed this but has anyone got their hands on the inside-footy draft publication that came out this week (i think) and if so is there a phantom draft in their or any predictions/intel related to our picks?

Yep - I'm sure the recruiters will have a run an eye over the family history to see if they grow out of their late teens skinny "meth head" bodies like most people do.

Look at me - late teens I was 185 cm and 72kgs - 40 years later and I'm still 185cm but now a whopping 78 kg's.

That said - he's the same height and weight as Michael Tuck. Which begs the question - was Tuck to skinny for the modern game?

Anyone can put on 10kg of muscle. Some are genetically gifted and will do so without much trouble, others are hardgainers. It's not that difficult to take a skinny kid with poor endurance and turn them into a fairly strong athlete with a decent tank, especially in an AFL system I think. Personally I have doubts that league football is clean anyway, which makes it even less of a problem. Key point is if you have two players at pick 8, one is a well developed athlete and a good player, and another is a poorly developed athlete and a better player, you take the better footballer every time. Of course if there are reasons for average development then you take those into account but in my opinion it's a non issue if a player isn't as strong as they can be or need to be, because it's a much simpler fix than trying to turn a rubbish kick into an excellent kick.

Ha ha. Was playing Grade cricket with him then. Don’t care what people say about his media stuff, but the bloke could play. In a different era he could have played for Australia.

Ha ha. Was playing Grade cricket with him then. Don’t care what people say about his media stuff, but the bloke could play. In a different era he could have played for Australia.

Who'd you play with mate?

Met JB thru a mutual friend once. Was actually a pretty cool guy. Good for a laugh.

I didn't know if I'd made it clear yet. ;) If I hate on enough players I'll look smart when one fails.
The reason Brayshaw appeals to me is that if nothing else, I could see him playing the same sort of wing role that Sincs was playing for us this year, where he can put his elite running ability (elite endurance and good speed) and good sidestep and so-on to good use on the outside and linking up, and where his neat skills will be very welcome.

He's meant to run both ways, has an elite tackling game and is meant to have a very high "footy IQ", so I reckon he could easily enough adapt to the role Sincs was playing this year, but with higher disposal numbers (as Sincs will hopefully do as well in time).

Would be good to have a couple of guys like that on the wings who can run both ways all day, use the ball well, get to good spots, and who will be able to win their own ball no dramas at all around stoppages, and also tackle a lot more than a Gaff/Hartung type will.

Then on top of all that he's regarded as having exemplary character and terrific leadership qualities and could presumably go through the middle when needed as well.

As for his All Star game that you keep referring to, as I said to you previously I think, I'm pretty sure I read that he had an injury around that time (leading into the TAC Cup GF the week before), so I wouldn't go reading too much into that one particular game and how he went in it.

Who'd you play with mate?

Met JB thru a mutual friend once. Was actually a pretty cool guy. Good for a laugh.
Noice kent.

I’ve met Paul Chapman & Josh Hunt at a pub once. Just looked at Chappy and said whyyyyyy.

apologies if i've missed this but has anyone got their hands on the inside-footy draft publication that came out this week (i think) and if so is there a phantom draft in their or any predictions/intel related to our picks?
Pelchen did the mock in it apparently. He had us taking Brayshaw and Bonar.

I’m from Sydney, but went to Perth for 3 years in the late 80’s. I was Captain of what was called Claremont-Cottesloe then.....now Claremont-Nedlands. Also in that team were Don Pyke and Karl Langdon. Good cricketers.

JB is a top bloke. He is shy ( believe it or not). Probably why he comes out at times with a fair bit of bluster. Loved playing with him. He was my vice captain. I was 30 and he was 20.

I’m from Sydney, but went to Perth for 3 years in the late 80’s. I was Captain of what was called Claremont-Cottesloe then.....now Claremont-Nedlands. Also in that team were Don Pyke and Karl Langdon. Good cricketers.

JB is a top bloke. He is shy ( believe it or not). Probably why he comes out at times with a fair bit of bluster. Loved playing with him. He was my vice captain. I was 30 and he was 20.

Impressive mate

I’ve already organised yours.

Ahem. Welcome..

Hai_Newman !!
Hai JC!!

Cool I have 1/2 pack of Winnie Blues, 1/2 a Pepperoni Pizza and some say 1/2 the enthusiasm of 1/2 my co workers...

I'd say we are...

185107.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back