Review 2017 Free Agency & Trade Period

What type of player do we need most? (Whether mature or rookie age)

• A tall forward

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • An inside midfielder

Votes: 44 24.7%
  • An outside midfielder

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • A half back

Votes: 15 8.4%
  • A small forward

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • A ruckman

Votes: 5 2.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Going to be a busy few days ahead.
Matera - No matter what Lloydy says will be tied up into the Weller deal.
Wilson - No way GWS trade until the Weller deal goes through to see if they can get something better.
Weller - We should run the risk, be willing to walk away with nothing in 12 months time to extract maximum value. GC want a publicity win this year.
Balic - We're going to get F-all for him, not sure what the hold up is.

Martin/Hogan....

Should be an exciting few days. Hopefully Freo come out stronger.

I like it. We get a future first and use the second on Wilson. GC get Weller and another second in a strong draft.

To use Bennell as a comparison he's just as natural with the ball as he is when he's on. Despite his size he can actually play taller and matches up good one on on, has a monster leap, never loses his feet, fast pace line-breaker who also has insanely good goal sense. He can play anywhere too.

22 years old with 60+ games experience already - 2017 was his first full season of playing also. Kicked 24 goals despite playing in the middle and going to both CHF / CHB for parts of games.

If we get him to his home state and surround him with real culture and leadership then we could get more out of him and have him for his prime - which is scary good to think about.

Never doubt Kimberley products.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To use Bennell as a comparison he's just as natural with the ball as he is when he's on. Despite his size he can actually play taller and matches up good one on on, has a monster leap, never loses his feet, fast pace line-breaker who also has insanely good goal sense. He can play anywhere too.

22 years old with 60+ games experience already - 2017 was his first full season of playing also. Kicked 24 goals despite playing in the middle and going to both CHF / CHB for parts of games.

If we get him to his home state and surround him with real culture and leadership then we could get more out of him and have him for his prime - which is scary good to think about.

Never doubt Kimberley products.
Has stupid levels of talent and I think would be worth the punt based on that. Looked like he was about to break out in the second half of the season this year.

Ricky Nixon saying that Richmond and Freo have spoken about a straight swap of Conco for Balic.

(also in the podcast thingy on facebook)

Ricky Nixon reporting a hogan deal is close
13 min mark

If Hogan leaves and these guys are right, they'll become the most watched show during trade period for the next 10 years. They'll be massive and everyone will listen to them and no one else. I don't think Hogan is coming. But please God, bring Hogan to us.

Yeah and I also was on the "Nixon is an idiot" wagon until he was right about everything this trade period. It's common knowledge over there that he's involved with a lot of clubs again now and he's getting back into player management - so I actually have some faith in what he's saying.

He sounded very confident about his Hogan information.

www.facebook.com/SportingNewsAU/videos/
Hang on, what's he got right so far? If you've got the scoopla you publish it (e.g. Hack on the Mitchell trade last year). He has just spouted a few generalities that can be twisted to sound like inside knowledge after the fact. How is he involved in player management? Isn't he specifically barred from doing so? I also thought the only reason he was 'at trade week' is that somehow sportsnewsfirst have a journalistic accreditation for it.
Nah he is still what he has been for a while: A disgraced former agent trying make a career as a media fringe dweller through a crack and alcohol induced fog.

Has stupid levels of talent and I think would be worth the punt based on that. Looked like he was about to break out in the second half of the season this year.

It would be handy to have someone who can take over Walters' role in the forward line and be able to deliver like him so Walters can run through the midfield for 80% of the game. Martin's addition alone would help fix a lot of things.

Clearly the main objective for this trade period is for Fremantle supporter's heads to explode.

We have pick #5, woohoo! Hogan might be coming. No, he's not. Croz gone. Hogan's definitely coming. Definitely not coming. We want Fogarty. Weller drops a bomb. Upgrade #5? He's worth more than Wilson. How about a dozen 2nd rounders? We're asking for pick #2. We want UDL. How about Martin? Wilson + Matera for Weller, **** off. Lloydy better not **** this up or he's gone. Hogan's coming again. Conca for Balic, yuk!

Dont get caught up in that video. He cant lose by saying "we are close." If it doesn't come through he sticks with it being close and got clicks and views anyway. If Jesse for some unknown reason does change his mind then as was said, they become the most watched trade show around. Nothing to lose, everything to gain. Hogan aint coming, get pick 2 for Weller and move on =)

Clearly the main objective for this trade period is for Fremantle supporter's heads to explode.

We have pick #5, woohoo! Hogan might be coming. No, he's not. Croz gone. Hogan's definitely coming. Definitely not coming. We want Fogarty. Weller drops a bomb. Upgrade #5? He's worth more than Wilson. How about a dozen 2nd rounders? We're asking for pick #2. We want UDL. How about Martin? Wilson + Matera for Weller, **** off. Lloydy better not **** this up or he's gone. Hogan's coming again. Conca for Balic, yuk!

I need a UDL.

2017-05-14T10-01-12.833Z--640x360.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Review 2017 Free Agency & Trade Period

Back