List Mgmt. 2017 GC Draft/Trade Thread/FA - National Draft Pick 19

Remove this Banner Ad

is jackson thurlow any good.
Not in Geelong best 22 is he ?
Notice in the past few days he's started following the Suns on instagram + his girlfriend is from Noosa

Last edited:
I think the problem for Suns is that Weller likely would get band 1 compo which is probably a top 5 pick in next seasons draft. And we've all heard how strong next seasons draft is.
No that’s not right he would just be out of contract not a free agent so no compo

is jackson thurlow any good.
Not in Geelong best 22 is he ?
Notice in the past few days he's started following the Suns on instergram + his girlfriend is from Noosa

Think Cory Enright.
Came off a ACL injury last yr.
i think
played some good footy

Still young. I think he was a tassie boy?
Should get plenty of game time now theres no Mackie or enright etc

Thurlow is a 190cm odd player that has good foot skills and can play HFF, wing or HBF. He's mostly played HBF though. He got back just in time for the season from an ACL but wasn't great this season. I'd expect him to be a breakout candidate this season with a full pre-season but there's a little bit of doubt because he didn't reach the heights expected of him this season.

looks like Freo are digging their feet in the sand. This one is gonna go down to the wire.
Reading all those tweets then was Gold
Very reassuring
He’s committed
Freo are being downright cynical and taking the piss with this #2 crap

Time to stare them down and if they don’t cave in just wait another 12 months
He clearly wants to come to the Gold Coast but there is one key line that Weller said in the interview that does not bode well for a good trade result for the GC.
"Gold Coast have told me they are willing to do whatever it takes to get the trade done this year". Big mistake for his manager to put him on radio and admit that - it basically hands the negotiating power back to Freo. Think of this as a game of poker and you have just revealed your hand.

looks like Freo are digging their feet in the sand. This one is gonna go down to the wire.

He clearly wants to come to the Gold Coast but there is one key line that Weller said in the interview that does not bode well for a good trade result for the GC.
"Gold Coast have told me they are willing to do whatever it takes to get the trade done this year". Big mistake for his manager to put him on radio and admit that - it basically hands the negotiating power back to Freo. Think of this as a game of poker and you have just revealed your hand.
You forgot to mention the part where he said if he doesn't come this year, it will be next year. That swings it back our way.

He also said if it doesn’t get done he will be coming to the GC next year

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He also said several times if it doesn't happen this year he see's out his contract and goes home 'straight away'. He said he was confident we'll get a deal done but whether it's this year or next he's coming to Gold Coast

So I don't think we're too stressed

Nice try but Freo hasn't got a leg to stand on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have said this before but it’s in freo‘s best interest to get this done, we have a lot of W.A. boys list and at some point one or more is going to want to go home. You guys being ridiculous in your requests means that it will come back tenfold when the shoes on the other foot.

I find this extremely narrowminded not looking at the big picture but hey it’s your bed you can make it

The Lever deal got done and he was also just 'out of contract.' Adelaide got two first rounders for him.
Lever is basically all Australian as a third-year player, Wellers not even in the same stratosphere

Lever is basically all Australian as a third-year player, Wellers not even in the same stratosphere
Yep but you finally have a young player that wants to join your club and could be the face of the club for the next 10 years. His manager Bulcher shouldn't have come out and said that he's been given assurances that the Suns are committed to getting the deal done. Surely Lachie and Bulcher would be pissed with GCS, after receiving assurances that a deal would get done and then not meet the asking price.

Yep but you finally have a young player that wants to join your club and could be the face of the club for the next 10 years. His manager Bulcher shouldn't have come out and said that he's been given assurances that the Suns are committed to getting the deal done. Surely Lachie and Bulcher would be pissed with GCS, after receiving assurances that a deal would get done and then not meet the asking price.
Both player and club have said they are happy to wait till next year when he's out of contract and will come much cheaper

Surely Lachie and Bulcher would be pissed with GCS, after receiving assurances that a deal would get done and then not meet the asking price.
Actually Weller just said the Gold Coast had put an amazing over the top deal on the table and he's surprised Fremantle hasn't moved on it
He might be pissed
But not at us

Last edited:
I have said this before but it’s in freo‘s best interest to get this done, we have a lot of W.A. boys list and at some point one or more is going to want to go home. You guys being ridiculous in your requests means that it will come back tenfold when the shoes on the other foot.

I find this extremely narrowminded not looking at the big picture but hey it’s your bed you can make it
I want the trade to get done too.....and am looking at the big picture - I just don't think he should have revealed that on radio (from a Gold Coast's point of view)

He knows we have put a good offer through.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2017 GC Draft/Trade Thread/FA - National Draft Pick 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Back